Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WernerD Posted at 4-28 01:22
Nope, with certification I would go for it in a heartbeat and hope it will get Goggle support later. Its image quality is just too good to be missed out.
Without, it does not fit between the Mini 2 and the Inspire. Mini 2 I can fly everywhere but the video quality leaves something to desire. Inspire has excellent video quality still and dual operator but can be flown almost never due to its weight.
Hence waiting how Air2s gets sorted out or how Mavic 3, Air3, Mini3 does look like - whatever comes first.

Your somehow blaming this lack of certification on dji, hence hoping skydio will give you what you need, but if there is no cert then dji can get no cert and skydio will have no chance of getting certified. Remember EASA have given themselves an open timeframe time until 2023 and this date has been pushed out twice.
There seems to be a misconception around here that dji are not complying, and thats totally ridiculous, and I genuinely hope dji don’t hold up release of M3P because EASA are dragging their heels. The hobby and industry should not be held up in Europe while the rest of the world moves on, and I’m certain EASA will fully understand this...
2021-4-28
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

No, I am not blaming anybody. All I am saying is, without certification I will not buy any drone >250g at the moment.
And that if it had, I would.
As simple as that.

What I am not too thrilled about is the lack of communication. But even that does not bother me much as I would not trust any of the promises. So even then I would wait for the fact.
2021-4-28
Use props
Concord12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939265 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just been talking to DJi Webchat if its any help

Hi Will Dji be retrofitting the Air 2s if so how if I buy one today. This is on the EASA website, I assume it will apply to the CAA in the UK as well.. EASA Site: The market regulation in general does not allow to retrofit products already in the market. However theEU Commission recently finalised a procedure to allow the retrofit for drones. The procedure may only be activated by the drone manufacturer.

Raymund
We are working around the clock to ensure that we will be able to have new drones out with the required CE class identification labels as soon as possible. Currently we are awaiting the finalization of the industry standards needed. They do not exist yet.

Any products without CE marking can still be used in the OPEN CATEGORY until 31 December 2022 but with some operational limitations (see details in the spreadsheet below). They can also be used in the OPEN CATEGORY after the transition period (2022 onwards, but only in the most restricted category A3).

More information on how drones without CE class identification labels are able to continue to be flown in the Open Limited Category can be found on the EASA FAQ: https://www.easa.europa.eu/faq/116508 .

Yes we know all this, but we are not getting any confirmation from DJI. Who exactly are we waiting for for the finalization to industry standards EASA say its not them. and can you confirm the Air 2S will be retrofitted as I guess you wont be doing this to all your drones.

Raymund
Regarding that matter, we do not have any information yet. However, rest-assured that DJI is working towards getting all drones to be certified and get their CE markings.

So you will send labels for an Air 2s & upgrade current firmware to fly in the C1 category. by 31st December 2022

Raymund
That is the plan but until then, kindly wait for any update about this matter.

Difficult to wait when I need to buy 2 Air 2s. For commercial work

Raymund
I totally understand that.

But no clue wether its the next couple of months or next 18 months

Raymund
I got that there is not assurance yet as to when it will happen but what I can assure you is that DJI is working to get it done before the 2022.
2021-4-29
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It's obvious that DJI and other manufacturers would be selling certified drones if they could, most of the drones already on the market can already comply with the new regulations.
2021-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Concord12 Posted at 4-29 08:32

Hi Will Dji be retrofitting the Air 2s if so how if I buy one today. This is on the EASA website, I assume it will apply to the CAA in the UK as well.. EASA Site: The market regulation in general does not allow to retrofit products already in the market. However theEU Commission recently finalised a procedure to allow the retrofit for drones. The procedure may only be activated by the drone manufacturer.

Do you honestly think dji chat service is going to confirm to you something on behalf of EASA . Dji have already confirmed on their website that retrofit is possible for them, its clear that we are waiting for EASA on this, so might have been wiser to contact them.
2021-4-29
Use props
Concord12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939265 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 14:23
Do you honestly think dji chat service is going to confirm to you something on behalf of EASA . Dji have already confirmed on their website that retrofit is possible for them, its clear that we are waiting for EASA on this, so might have been wiser to contact them.

There is nothing wrong with keeping up the pressure & its not just about EASA.
2021-4-29
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269610 ft
United Kingdom

No. I may buy when it has the C1 mark.
2021-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Concord12 Posted at 4-29 15:45
There is nothing wrong with keeping up the pressure & its not just about EASA.

Well you could contact CAA, but everybody is waiting for EASA and its not feasible for either hobbyists enthusiasts or pros or manufacturers to sit around waiting for EASA to once and for all issue full confirmation and certification and EASA would be the last to stop anyone continuing either their hobby or their business.
2021-4-30
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

@concord: Thank you very much, very helpful!
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_Mnr9u69PAoeb
New
United Kingdom

I’m going to wait for the Mavic Pro 3. Will be so much better and better priced I’m sure.
2021-4-30
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 23:34
No C marking = no purchase from me.

Same for me
2021-4-30
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

djiuser_Mnr9u69PAoeb Posted at 4-30 08:31
I’m going to wait for the Mavic Pro 3. Will be so much better and better priced I’m sure.

Will be priced accordingly... expect no less than 2000€ for the combo... wich is still a bit cheaper than the average FF DSLR, so not that bad.
2021-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully they will hear the message.
2021-5-1
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

I don't give a ... what new ideas the EU monkeys come up with to restrict us even more, under the guise of law enforcement or danger avoidance. There will always be idiots, and they are just as uninterested in any laws as they are in flying next to an airport. More environmental protection laws, for example, would be something the EU should look into. I fly over fields and meadows, and I don't give a ... what they think they have to tell me. By the way, the message also goes out to the Chinese government, who are a prime example of oppression, state censorship and surveillance.

Now rant about my comment, go on!
2021-5-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MikeCH Posted at 5-5 09:32
I don't give a ... what new ideas the EU monkeys come up with to restrict us even more, under the guise of law enforcement or danger avoidance. There will always be idiots, and they are just as uninterested in any laws as they are in flying next to an airport. More environmental protection laws, for example, would be something the EU should look into. I fly over fields and meadows, and I don't give a ... what they think they have to tell me. By the way, the message also goes out to the Chinese government, who are a prime example of oppression, state censorship and surveillance.

Now rant about my comment, go on!

Ok, EASA is making rules to allow all drone flyers fly their drones under the same rules throughout Europe, so in other words making it so much easier for you and I to fly our drones in all of Europe. Extending some restrictions like height VLOS the need for obtaining permission to fly in other countries etc. So not all bad and for travelling photographers its excellent. Sometimes just reading and comparing what you had from what you are now getting you will realize these new rules will benefit drone flyers “not hinder them”
2021-5-5
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Well, most drone pilots are not kids and have enough brain to fly safely even if they are following the rules at 100% all the time...

On the other hand drones are one of the safest hobbys out there... it's nearly impossible to do any significant damage with a sub 900g drone (C0/C1 class like Mini 2 or Air2S), that's why there are allowed to fly nearly everywhere.

Just enjoy your hobby, no hobbyist will ever fly within an airport, people who do that are not hobbyist, are idiots... because any idiot can go into a shop, buy a drone and smash it or do whatever he wants with it. Owning a drone doesn't make you a hobbyist.

Some people kill themselves with screwdrivers, yet I don't need a permit to buy a screwdriver in my local shop, drones are safe, flying drones is safe and we are constantly criminalized for no reason at all.
2021-5-5
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No! I have enough DJI stuff atm to get untertained  and will wait until they comply with EU rules.
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_E6s18eEG01BO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2048389 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-15 12:28
It does have a CE mark, if it didn’t you wouldn’t be allowed sell it anywhere in Europe. And in UK it will have UKCA marking. Maybe change your OP to “C” marking which is not available yet ...

Your thinking of the CE Rating. The C rating mentioned is a new classification system for drones in the UK. From December 2023 if your drone hasn't got a C rating you will only be able to fly your drone in 150 metres away from buildings, built up areas etc and no closer than 50 metres to people and no flying over people. The C rating will be based on drone weight and the ratings are C0, C1, C2, C3 etc. If you buy a drone currently it hasn't got the C Rating, so from December 2023 it will become very restricted on where you can fly it and you will need to buy a new drone with the C Rating.
2021-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_E6s18eEG01BO Posted at 5-7 12:43
Your thinking of the CE Rating. The C rating mentioned is a new classification system for drones in the UK. From December 2023 if your drone hasn't got a C rating you will only be able to fly your drone in 150 metres away from buildings, built up areas etc and no closer than 50 metres to people and no flying over people. The C rating will be based on drone weight and the ratings are C0, C1, C2, C3 etc. If you buy a drone currently it hasn't got the C Rating, so from December 2023 it will become very restricted on where you can fly it and you will need to buy a new drone with the C Rating.

And thats what i was pointing out to the op, read again what i wrote, it might make sense if you know the title has changed in this post because I pointed exactly what you are saying to the OP.
2021-5-7
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

Hands up. Who voted no...but ended up buying 1? Ha yes that would be me. Its really bad DJI didnt include C rating on the Mavic air 2 and Air2s. However...you really cant turn your nose up at the technology they are cramming into drones these days.
2021-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HitrackAP Posted at 5-15 02:05
Hands up. Who voted no...but ended up buying 1? Ha yes that would be me. Its really bad DJI didnt include C rating on the Mavic air 2 and Air2s. However...you really cant turn your nose up at the technology they are cramming into drones these days.

Dji are not allowed put rating on their drones until EASA decides the criteria. Enjoy your new air2s
2021-5-15
Use props
Capain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

Yes just bought it, there is no way for any manufacture to get the C mark yet so this is not going to be a quick fix.  Rather have  the drone and it will get covered at some point by a retro scheme.  I think the 2s will be a c2
2021-5-15
Use props
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Capain Dangerous Posted at 5-15 08:31
Yes just bought it, there is no way for any manufacture to get the C mark yet so this is not going to be a quick fix.  Rather have  the drone and it will get covered at some point by a retro scheme.  I think the 2s will be a c2

Oh damn - I just ordered the Air 2s and came across this thread...
Without the C rating, does it mean flying near buildings will be prevented by geofencing or how are the rules enforced?
2021-6-9
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

No geofencing. It is your responsibility and in case of an accident you might have issues with your insurance company.
Also the rules today are not that restrictive for the Air2s, only once the grace period is over in two years, only then you are allowed to fly with it far away from people and buildings only.
2021-6-12
Use props
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

WernerD Posted at 6-12 11:34
No geofencing. It is your responsibility and in case of an accident you might have issues with your insurance company.
Also the rules today are not that restrictive for the Air2s, only once the grace period is over in two years, only then you are allowed to fly with it far away from people and buildings only.

Thanks for the reply. In that case I am not too concerned about buying the 2s - also, there might be possible delays and changes to these plans. Nobody can tell for sure what will happen in 1.5 to 2 years.
Rather than robbing myself of this amazing drone for 2 years based on assumptions, I will go ahead and order it
2021-6-14
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

Kessler Posted at 6-14 09:30
Thanks for the reply. In that case I am not too concerned about buying the 2s - also, there might possible delays and changes to these plans. Nobody can tell for sure what will happen in 1.5 to 2 years.
Rather than robbing myself on this amazing drone for 2 years based on assumptions, I will go ahead and order it

wise words and choice, enjoy flaying it as its really amazing drone
2021-6-14
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Kessler Posted at 6-14 09:30
Thanks for the reply. In that case I am not too concerned about buying the 2s - also, there might possible delays and changes to these plans. Nobody can tell for sure what will happen in 1.5 to 2 years.
Rather than robbing myself of this amazing drone for 2 years based on assumptions, I will go ahead and order it

Yes, good plan.
I am in a different boat. My Mini 2 is good enough, hence I have not the immediate need for an upgrade.
2021-6-14
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

WernerD Posted at 6-14 20:57
Yes, good plan.
I am in a different boat. My Mini 2 is good enough, hence I have not the immediate need for an upgrade.

Not sure why we even debate this. There is no way to get a C nark at the moment.
2021-6-28
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

We are discussing this because not-buying any drone is an allowed option.
2021-6-28
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

WernerD Posted at 6-28 10:46
We are discussing this because not-buying any drone is an allowed option.

Guess so, but if you want a drone today then there are no drones in the entire world that have a C mark, there is no published date as to when the standards will be released for manufactures to certify to.

So its really simple do you want a drone or not?  No point asking if you want one with C mark or not as they are like unicorn poo, they do not exist
2021-6-28
Use props
AntoA
New

Italy

I bought the Air 2S this morning. I was so excited to try it after watching tons of reviews.
Then I canceled my order and bought a Mini 2 due to the lack of the CE-01 certification.

I'm not a video maker and I don't use drones for work. I'm just a prosumer that wanted to buy one of the best drones available on the market and use it for several years. Buying a €1300+ drone that cannot fly over cities is a no go for me
2021-8-14
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

AntoA Posted at 8-14 09:00
I bought the Air 2S this morning. I was so excited to try it after watching tons of reviews.
Then I canceled my order and bought a Mini 2 due to the lack of the CE-01 certification.

Neither DJI or any other manufacturer can certificate their drones yet because EASA is just not giving the certificates yet. The Air2S can be flown in A2 subcategory during the transitional period because it weights more than 500g and has no certification. Then from 2023 it will only be flyable in A3, like every other drone right now except for the <250g.

The Mavic 3 has been delayed to Q1 2022 so maybe it'll come with a certification and if it weights less than 900g (wich I assume it'll do) I could be flown in A1.

Just pick a Mini 2 for the moment, that drone will be flyable in A1 forever, and is the best drone school to start. Then you can pick a sub 900g drone when they come labeled in the future.

There's also rumors of a little FPV coming soon, so maybe a sub 250g DJI FPV would be quite interesting too.
2021-8-14
Use props
djiuser_35l7wf0fz5T6
lvl.1
Germany

I have been researching to buy a drone for sometime and found out about the new EU rules. I was really hyped to get Air 2S before my vacation next month. It's  a bummer, I probably have to put it on hold now and miss all the awesome shots I could've gotten during my vacation. I was wondering, if I take the 2 year DJI care plan, would there be a better chance of getting a labelled replacement?
2021-11-9
Use props
Manu R
lvl.1
Germany

Seems like, there is a possibility
2021-11-10
Use props
Dezigngal
New
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2021-4-15 11:47
I already bought it... is a nice upgrade from my Mini 2 and I already have the A1/A3, A2 and STS certificates.

We'll see what happens in the future, but still a long time till 2023 and I fly almost every day. Maybe I pick up a M3 in the future, maybe I stick to my Air 2S, maybe drones are banned from the skies because potatoes... who knows, I just know that I'll enjoy it a lot ^_^

Greetings, we are going to Ireland in a few months and are looking at getting either the Mini2 or the Air2S.  Here in the USA we will register the Air2S because of its weight.  Will we need to get the A1/A3, A2 or STS to fly in Ireland?  Can we get the certificates from the states?  I have looked at the AIRMap to see what locations are restricted.  We mostly want to get some lone scenery shots in the hills along like Glencoe, Connor Pass in the Dingle area...I might just write a post to masses. Searching for other answers first   
2022-1-24
Use props
fans491d5661
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8852 ft
United Kingdom

Concord12 Posted at 2021-4-29 08:32

Hi Will Dji be retrofitting the Air 2s if so how if I buy one today. This is on the EASA website, I assume it will apply to the CAA in the UK as well.. EASA Site: The market regulation in general does not allow to retrofit products already in the market. However theEU Commission recently finalised a procedure to allow the retrofit for drones. The procedure may only be activated by the drone manufacturer.

Having JUST bought an A2S, this makes me feel better, so thanks for posting it.
2022-1-25
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89852 ft
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 2021-4-17 11:33
Hi hallmark
Nobody on here seems to talking about CAA article 16 within the UK, which if I understand it correctly seems like a great way for recreational flyers to continue flying more or less as before 1st January.
I would be appreciate  for you input.

If you live in the UK and want to fly non-commercial with a drone up to 25kg then Article 16 is the way to go. Non of this legacy stuff and much better then A2. So go and join the BFMA and drone on!
2022-1-27
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89852 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_E6s18eEG01BO Posted at 2021-5-7 12:43
Your thinking of the CE Rating. The C rating mentioned is a new classification system for drones in the UK. From December 2023 if your drone hasn't got a C rating you will only be able to fly your drone in 150 metres away from buildings, built up areas etc and no closer than 50 metres to people and no flying over people. The C rating will be based on drone weight and the ratings are C0, C1, C2, C3 etc. If you buy a drone currently it hasn't got the C Rating, so from December 2023 it will become very restricted on where you can fly it and you will need to buy a new drone with the C Rating.

Not true. Read about Article 16 for non-commercial drones up to 25kg.
2022-1-27
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

fansceed7082 Posted at 1-27 01:41
If you live in the UK and want to fly non-commercial with a drone up to 25kg then Article 16 is the way to go. Non of this legacy stuff and much better then A2. So go and join the BFMA and drone on!

Or FPV-UK. Absolutely, artical 16 is the way to go, I fly under article 16 most of the time
2022-1-27
Use props
Uneasy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58825 ft
United Kingdom

I have Air 2S in UK, planning to do A2 to be safe for this year.
I've message Dji couple of days ago asking about C1, and they said nothing new:
- There is no certificates from authorities yet, so nothing they can apply just yet
- They are working in the background on how to retrofit this C1 to already sold models

I bought DJI care just in case, I've seen that someone asked if it will be possible to exchange 2S for the one with certificate (if there will be any). However I am hoping they will do it for free somehow.
More than DJI  we have to watch those authorities and once they officially start giving certificates, then we can start spamming Dji again ;)
For now no drones have any of those from what I am aware, not just dji.
2022-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules