1889 5 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikegwreid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2817858 ft
United States

Hi,

I just added another Inspire kit to my gear and I'm having an issue that I have not come across on any of my other Inspires.  

Everything is completely normal but I can't pan/tilt/roll the gimbal and there is no gimbal icon display on the app for the master or the slave controller.  I have reset all gimbal settings in case there was some kind of false reading in the settings, but no success from that.  I also have no control if I tap on the screen and drag the blue circle around.  I do have control over the gimbal settings (ISO, shutter, F stop) and the gimbal stabilizes and calibrates totally fine.  The connector wires seem to be fine when I look at them and the lack of a gimbal icon on either screen seems to point to a firmware issue.  I have tried going between V01.02.0400 and V01.02.0500 and neither of them has solved the issue.  I'm unable to downgrade any further.

Here is all the info for the hardware:
Brand new inspire 2 and X7
16mm DJI lens
Standard transmitters for main and secondary with crystal sky 7.85" ultrabright on the mina, Nvidia shield on the secondary controller.
Transmitter firmware are both up to date

Let me know if I left any important info out and I'll add it in.

Thanks for any help.

2021-4-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mikegwreid. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you haven't tried, please swap out the roles of your current Master and Slave remote to see if that could resolve your ongoing problem. If the problem continues, we suggest uploading videos or photos of the issue so we can further check it. Thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-4-17
Use props
mikegwreid
lvl.2
United States

Hi DJI Gamora, I have tried swapping roles as well as a third Tx. I will make a video tomorrow and upload it and post it here.
2021-4-17
Use props
mikegwreid
lvl.2
United States

Hi DJI Gamora

Here is a link to a YouTube video of the issue happening. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to see. Current firmware is 01.02.300. I do not want to update to .400 or .500 since you cannot roll back (and the assistant app says that they are not full releases yet) as well as all of the issues that people are having with batteries and auto land issues.

https://youtu.be/oebd95jX3mI

I have tried this on firmware .100 up to .300 multiple times with the same result.

I’m hesitant to send this to DJI repair because the last inspire 2 that I sent there had the camera mailed to someone else and DJI refused to get it back and would only provide me with the address that they sent it to, which I had to mail that person and ask if they had received my package and finally got it back after nearly 6 months. (This inspire 2 that was sent in with that camera was also sent back with a broken auxiliary arm, which was not broken when it was sent in as well)
2021-4-19
Use props
fans1ddfa363
lvl.2

Brazil

mikegwreid Posted at 4-19 12:16
Hi DJI Gamora

Here is a link to a YouTube video of the issue happening. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to see. Current firmware is 01.02.300. I do not want to update to .400 or .500 since you cannot roll back (and the assistant app says that they are not full releases yet) as well as all of the issues that people are having with batteries and auto land issues.

Hi! I have the exact same problem with my Inspire 2 + X5S Gimbal, did you ever solved this issue?

Thanks!
2021-7-27
Use props
mikegwreid
lvl.2
United States

Hey, thanks for the reminder. I meant to update this.

I ended up having to send it in and they replaced something (but we’re not clear on what it was) I assume it was the encoder on the tilt axis.

It was free of charge as the camera was still new.  Also very quick turnaround, which was a nice surprise. It has been a couple of years since I had sent anything to them and it was a much better experience than in the past.  
2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules