Gimbal Overload problem
2740 19 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Has anyone been ableto get this Gimbal Overload problem fixed on their P3P?
I'm using a Ipad2 mini and once I updated the APP my gimbal can'tkeep still.

Images look like I'm in an earth quake.
Can look at the images I'm getting
https://youtu.be/5h-w6glvOuM

DJI just keeps telling me to recalabrate everything and reenstall the APP but I have done it all 5 times and the same outcome.

Any help would be great.

2015-7-16
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Your problem I believe is what it says it is Gimbal overloaded.Check the two clear white pins that go through the white rubber boots on the gimbal.There either too loose or to tight.They have a little clear washer type thing on the clear pins pull them off using your fingernails and re-clip them back on they should be just pushed on so the clear white pin can move up and down giving the gimbal plenty of movement.Anywho hope that helps.
2015-7-16
Use props
skylerlivingsto
lvl.1

United States

I may have a fix for you.  Have you crashed your drone before this started happening?
2015-7-16
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

skylerlivingsto Posted at 2015-7-17 12:00
I may have a fix for you.  Have you crashed your drone before this started happening?

No crashes,
Everything was working great and then I updated the APP and then it started to give me the Warning.
2015-7-17
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

bastell Posted at 2015-7-17 07:34
Your problem I believe is what it says it is Gimbal overloaded.Check the two clear white pins that g ...

I put new 40% rubber in and the pins are not tight.
Would it be the Stoppers? doesn't like them maybe?

They are for the P3P, but Maybe I'll put the factory ones back in and see if that changes anything.
2015-7-17
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

stac57 Posted at 2015-7-17 23:08
I put new 40% rubber in and the pins are not tight.
Would it be the Stoppers? doesn't like them ma ...

Yep I think you have answered your own problem put them in and do a cold recalibration see what happens.
2015-7-17
Use props
rgerami222
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519219 ft
United States

Why does my controller say Gimbal Overload?
2015-7-17
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

Its DJI's Pilot 1.2.0 app.  The latest release was made more sensitive than it should have been, at least that's what DJI is saying.  The below quote is from this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-22152-1-1.html a while back.  A quick search of this forum results in atleast three threads about this topic.  I had this start the day I upgrade to Pilot 1.2.0 and nothing changed on Phantom 3 at all.

-Dog

DJI Posting

DJI Posting
2015-7-17
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 06:11
Its DJI's Pilot 1.2.0 app.  The latest release was made more sensitive than it should have been, at  ...

yes its because of the new App BUT it is obviosly not a good sign when the app shows gimbal overload because that means something is not optimal with your gimbal. Mostly jello gimbals will show that and there are pahntom owners without that error message with this particular app version, so there are optimal working gimbals out there
2015-7-17
Use props
Droneless in AL
New

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-7-18 08:09
yes its because of the new App BUT it is obviosly not a good sign when the app shows gimbal overlo ...

Just received my new P3A today and went through the unboxing process. I was receiving a Gimbal Overload message right out of the box.

As I wait for an answer from DJI, should I keep this grounded until that is resolved? Or is it ok to fly but I'll have poor video/photo quality?

Thanks for your help
2015-7-17
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

Droneless in AL Posted at 2015-7-18 11:28
Just received my new P3A today and went through the unboxing process. I was receiving a Gimbal Ove ...

According to DJI it's okay to fly. As they have mentioned the tolerances were set too sensitive and they will correct it upon the next release of the pilot app.

-Dog
2015-7-17
Use props
Droneless in AL
New

United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 12:18
According to DJI it's okay to fly. As the have mentioned the tolerances were set too sensitive and ...

Appreciate the quick response Dog. Looking forward to firing this thing up in the morning!
2015-7-17
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-7-18 08:09
yes its because of the new App BUT it is obviosly not a good sign when the app shows gimbal overlo ...

The jello that you mention, I found that if I have the camera full forward and was facing the sun I got jello from the two forward props. It was a reflection or light re-fraction . I was able to correct that with a lens hood that I fashioned.

-Dog
2015-7-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 12:18
According to DJI it's okay to fly. As the have mentioned the tolerances were set too sensitive and ...

It is ok to fly.  The gimbal overload is being misreported by the App.  Unless your are seeing aberrations in your video you are good to go.
2015-7-17
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 12:23
The jello that you mention, I found that if I have the camera full forward and was facing the sun I ...

reflections are normal, can be solved with your sunhood or ND Filter. IF you dont have jello effect its ok, than your gimbal is good.
2015-7-18
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

I had this today when I was taking off on grass that was long enough to contact the gimbal. It wasn't putting a lot of pressure on it but it must be real sensitive.
2015-7-18
Use props
bhstudios
New

Chile

Is there any solution for this problema at this point?
2015-7-20
Use props
alan.gvs
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bhstudios Posted at 2015-7-20 19:31
Is there any solution for this problema at this point?

After a successful flight this morning and only encountering the DJI App crashing twice, I can confirm that I had landed on slightly long grass and had message saying Gimble Overload! However, I picked up the P3 and immediately the message went back to normal operation!! Hope that helps?
2015-9-8
Use props
seahaze
New

United States

skylerlivingsto Posted at 2015-7-17 00:00

Hi.  I have this Gimbal Overload problem too.  It started right after a minor crash. Can you please tell me what your potential fix is?  The gimbal goes crazy on start up.  My firmware is 1.2.6 Thank you.
2015-10-7
Use props
Italian Dronema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519219 ft
United States

I had the same problem and I sent it back to DJI for repair and now it is ok I think it was the firmware they really didn't tell me what it was.
2015-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules