719 16 2021-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raoul.k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1035430 ft

Netherlands

Hi there,

I replaced my gimbal on the mavic 2 pro because the old one did not function appropriate. Unfortunately it does not respond to any pan commands. If I pan with the pan tilt butten or the c1 button it does not respond. It also does not auto callibrate when I select that. Neither does it adjust it's yawn. It seems that there is no repsonds what so ever. Anyone has any idea how to fix ?

kind regards,

Raoul
2021-4-16
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Does it at least move when you turn on the drone?
2021-4-16
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 4-16 08:43
Does it at least move when you turn on the drone?

Yes it does. It does the start up thing. But it does not move afterwords
2021-4-16
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

OK that proves at least that the connector snapped in the core board jack correctly.

I know that every camera/gimbal has its own serial number. You can see it in the GO 4 app. Unfortunately I can't tell in which menu exactly it is visible right now.

DJI makes everything really hard. Maybe the camera serial number is assigned to the drone and won't longer be recognized when you replace it.

I would try a drone firmware refresh ...
2021-4-16
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

... and a flight controller factory reset.
2021-4-16
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

... and a re-link.
2021-4-16
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 4-16 09:03
... and a flight controller factory reset.

I think that's the case yes. Thank you. I'm trying to reset the drone and the controller but no luck so far. The c1 + c2 and shutter pressing option does not work
2021-4-16
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Does the camera up-down wheel work? Or still not any controll wheel/button on the RC at all, I mean really nothing?

What happens when you start a video recording or a picture?

Have you tried to relink the RC with the AC?
2021-4-16
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 4-16 10:43
Does the camera up-down wheel work? Or still not any controll wheel/button on the RC at all, I mean really nothing?

What happens when you start a video recording or a picture?

Ok so not any wheels or buttons work. Only the focus button on c1. I can record and make a picture. Also change the f stop or iso. So I think there is some kind of reset I need to do for the drone or the RC to accept the new gimbal ?
2021-4-16
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

Raoul.k Posted at 4-16 10:45
Ok so not any wheels or buttons work. Only the focus button on c1. I can record and make a picture. Also change the f stop or iso. So I think there is some kind of reset I need to do for the drone or the RC to accept the new gimbal ?

The gimbal is also stabile. So everything seems to work except for the tilting and panning with the wheel or the c2 button.
2021-4-16
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

I tried to recalibrate the gimbal today with the python coding. Although the calibration worked the drone still does not respond to the RC. There must be something up with that.
2021-4-19
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Raoul.k Posted at 4-19 07:15
I tried to recalibrate the gimbal today with the python coding. Although the calibration worked the drone still does not respond to the RC. There must be something up with that.

Don't know if you know but you can also move the gimbal left/right/up/down by sliding the finger on the display (at least with the smart controller). Does this work?
2021-4-19
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 4-19 09:12
Don't know if you know but you can also move the gimbal left/right/up/down by sliding the finger on the display (at least with the smart controller). Does this work?

Yes also tried. but that also does not work
2021-4-19
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Raoul.k Posted at 4-19 09:22
Yes also tried. but that also does not work

OK, I'm running short of ideas. If you still have the old gimbal I would reinstall it in order to find out if something got damaged during the process of the replacement. I know it's a pain in the a$s. If the old gimbal is not working at all anymore than this of course no option either.

Anyway, let me know if you could ever figure out what the actual problem was.
2021-4-19
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 4-19 11:08
OK, I'm running short of ideas. If you still have the old gimbal I would reinstall it in order to find out if something got damaged during the process of the replacement. I know it's a pain in the a$s. If the old gimbal is not working at all anymore than this of course no option either.

Anyway, let me know if you could ever figure out what the actual problem was.

Yeah same here haha. That is the strange thing is that i replaced the old one back and the same issue remained. So I think some part of the RC receiver on the AC broke. And the same issue occurs when the old one is on. All the functions work, only the pan does not. What is even stranger is that the gimbal does pan when the python code is activated. So it must be something with the RC receiver on the drone I think. But I don't know which one of the components that is haha.
2021-4-20
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Raoul.k Posted at 4-20 00:33
Yeah same here haha. That is the strange thing is that i replaced the old one back and the same issue remained. So I think some part of the RC receiver on the AC broke. And the same issue occurs when the old one is on. All the functions work, only the pan does not. What is even stranger is that the gimbal does pan when the python code is activated. So it must be something with the RC receiver on the drone I think. But I don't know which one of the components that is haha.

I'm pretty sure that the AC tranceiver circuit is located on the core board because both antenna cables get plugged in there. So if it's really a broken AC tranceiver then you have to replace the whole core board which is pretty expensive.

If somehow available I would test it with a different RC first.
2021-4-20
Use props
Raoul.k
lvl.1

Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 4-20 01:19
I'm pretty sure that the AC tranceiver circuit is located on the core board because both antenna cables get plugged in there. So if it's really a broken AC tranceiver then you have to replace the whole core board which is pretty expensive.

If somehow available I would test it with a different RC first.

yes, I'm going to inspect the main board. T

If there is nothing I can fix from there I'm just going to get a new one hahaha.

Thanks for the info!
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules