Assigning switches of DJI FPV controller (Air Unit)
5496 9 2021-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I use the "old" black DJI controller with a GepRC Cinelog 25 HD with the caddx vista.No switch on the remote except the arm switch seems to do anything. How can I assign them for angle/horizon/acro and turtle and beep and stuff?
In Betaflight connecting the quad viw USB? Would have to disassemble half the quad for that...
2021-4-16
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to plug your FC into BetaFlight so start dismantling!
2021-4-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-16 10:30
You need to plug your FC into BetaFlight so start dismantling!

Alright. Thanks. Will do in a quiet hour.
And the controller? Does it need to be plugged in as well? How do I know which codes are which switches?
2021-4-16
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone will need to be powered up, connect you computer to BetaFlight and power up your remote. Make sure you take the props off, for safety.

Navigate to the Remote Control set up and you can select a function, once you do that, operating a switch will cause BetaFlight to learn the switch.

Simple once you start using it.

This is a good place to start:

2021-4-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-17 03:55
The drone will need to be powered up, connect you computer to BetaFlight and power up your remote. Make sure you take the props off, for safety.

Navigate to the Remote Control set up and you can select a function, once you do that, operating a switch will cause BetaFlight to learn the switch.

Thanks a lot.
2021-4-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-17 03:55

Navigate to the Remote Control set up and you can select a function, once you do that, operating a switch will cause BetaFlight to learn the switch.

Success!
I updated the firmware (funny that they sent a new quad with a firmware from November in March...).
Found the Acro/Angle/Horizon settings.
Got terribly confused by beeping until I found out that SC up is Beeper mode .
And set up Turtle mode.
Now I only need the now lens to fly again...
2021-4-18
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I just want to make sure you're aware of the little PCBs which allow the USB connection to be moved to a more accessible location. I haven't used these myself but I remember seeing them in some YouTube videos. I don't think if these little USB boards would work with your quad or not. If there's a PCB which would work on your quad, it would make future updates with BetaFlight easier.
2021-4-18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 4-18 07:51
I just want to make sure you're aware of the little PCBs which allow the USB connection to be moved to a more accessible location. I haven't used these myself but I remember seeing them in some YouTube videos. I don't think if these little USB boards would work with your quad or not. If there's a PCB which would work on your quad, it would make future updates with BetaFlight easier.

Yes, that would be helpful.
2021-4-18
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Depp Posted at 4-18 08:29
Yes, that would be helpful.

I couldn't find a video about the PCB adapter but here's one on Amazon (USA). Hopefully you can find one locally.

Another alternative is use one of the cables Joshua Barwell describes in this video.

One concern about using this type of cable is there might be exposed power lines on the connector when left in the plug.

The links provided in the description are kind of expensive. You can find them for a lot less from other sources. Here's a couple examples. Link one. Link two. I have no idea if those items are good or not. I also don't know if those are reliable sellers or not. They're just the first two links for this type of cable I found. You can purchase multiple tips for a single cable if you want.

I usually receive items ordered from AliExpress. One of the few things I didn't receive was this type of USB cable.
2021-4-18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 4-18 10:17
I couldn't find a video about the PCB adapter but here's one on Amazon (USA). Hopefully you can find one locally.

Another alternative is use one of the cables Joshua Barwell describes in this video.

Thank you. Found one here as well and ordered. Great advice!
2021-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules