Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turning off obstacle avoidance and flight time
675 2 2021-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I won't have the drone tilll tuesday, so I was wondering if anyone has already tried it, even if it's just a hover?

I know that APAS mode can't be activated on certain recording conditions due to processor bottlenecks... so that means the obstacle avoidance system must be a bit hungry on the processor side. More processing, more consumption... less flight time.

I'm used to fly without sensors (Mini 2) and normally fly at 60-120m and far away from objects and buildings so I was  wondering if disabling the sensors and apas would give me an extra minute or two of flight time.

Of course the motors will be the main consumers by far, but ther's no need of having the sensors activated when flying at high altitude and you can allways reactivate them if you want to get close to anything. Also, RTH autoengages sensors anyways... so won't have any safety issues.

PS: I know they are turned off in Sports mode, but I think it should be interesting in Normal mode, as the drone is more efficient in that mode.

PPS: So based on the Air2... it seems that even if you disable the sensors in the menú it's still using them to sense (beeps and shows the colors on the edge of the screen) but the difference is that it won't stopp you from hitting the obstacle, so basically they are allways turned on and draining power no matter what you select on the menu.

Well, at least it cruises way about 10Km/h faster than the Air 2 and at about the same speed that my Mini 2 on sports mode,  that's a huge improvement for me already XD
2021-4-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I just did a quick flight and found if you turn them off the battery percentage increase very slightly.
2021-4-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Huginn Kenningar. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Disabling APAS and sensors do increase the overall flight time but the improvement is small and probably around a few percentages in difference.
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules