Connect 2 FPV V2 googles at the same time?
16490 23 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peterhey
New
Switzerland

Can I connect two FPV V2 googles at the same time with my FPV drone?
Thanks
2021-4-17
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

I haven’t seen anyone demonstrate it, but according to the marketing... it’s possible. I’m assuming you connect them up just like you do with a smartphone using the OTG cable.
2021-4-17
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes you can, you need to set up the pilot goggles in 'Transmission', with the 'Pilot' tab selected, set 'Broadcasting' to 'On', this will then display a code, unique to the broadcast goggles. On the second set under the 'Transmission' tab, select the 'Audience' tab and then you should see the first set of goggles in the list, select those goggles and the second set will start to display the images from the first set. If there is more than one set of goggles in broadcast mode you will see them in the list too, just pick the correct code.

Note you won't get the OSD data from the pilot, just the image.

No cables required.
2021-4-17
Use props
Peterhey
New
Switzerland

Buzzyone Posted at 4-17 05:36
Yes you can, you need to set up the pilot goggles in 'Transmission', with the 'Pilot' tab selected, set 'Broadcasting' to 'On', this will then display a code, unique to the broadcast goggles. On the second set under the 'Transmission' tab, select the 'Audience' tab and then you should see the first set of goggles in the list, select those goggles and the second set will start to display the images from the first set. If there is more than one set of goggles in broadcast mode you will see them in the list too, just pick the correct code.

Excellent. Many thanks
2021-4-17
Use props
Peterhey
New
Switzerland

Buster1 Posted at 4-17 05:00
I haven’t seen anyone demonstrate it, but according to the marketing... it’s possible. I’m assuming you connect them up just like you do with a smartphone using the OTG cable.

Ok. Thanks
2021-4-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 4-17 05:36
Yes you can, you need to set up the pilot goggles in 'Transmission', with the 'Pilot' tab selected, set 'Broadcasting' to 'On', this will then display a code, unique to the broadcast goggles. On the second set under the 'Transmission' tab, select the 'Audience' tab and then you should see the first set of goggles in the list, select those goggles and the second set will start to display the images from the first set. If there is more than one set of goggles in broadcast mode you will see them in the list too, just pick the correct code.

"Note you won't get the OSD data from the pilot, just the image."

Are you sure about this? I have two of these new drones and I used two goggles with one drone. I was presently surprised to see all the OSD data in the goggles.

The video over USB doesn't have the OSD but I'm pretty sure the spectator goggle displays this info.
2021-4-17
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmmm not sure now! I only tried it very quickly, before setting the second set to DJI Digital FPV system.
2021-4-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 4-17 23:18
Hmmm not sure now! I only tried it very quickly, before setting the second set to DJI Digital FPV system.

I just checked with my two goggles. The OSD stuff is on the spectator's goggles. The only difference I saw between the two displays if the goggle battery percent. The goggle battery percent (as is logical) show the local battery and not the master goggle's battery capacity. That was the only difference I saw between the two screens. I didn't fly the drone during this check, so I'm not sure if the obstacle warning data is the same but I'd be surprised if it's not.

One of my feature wishes was to have the video out to a smart device work from the spectator's goggles. Now I'm wondering if I should fly with the spectator goggles on myself and let spectators use the master goggles with an attached tablet for multiple spectators. This way I wouldn't need to be tethered while flying. My main concern about using this strategy is the spectator won't be as likely to point the antenna in the right direction when video signal degrades. Now that I think about this a bit more I think I need to stick with being tethered to the tablet.
2021-4-18
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-17 15:46
"Note you won't get the OSD data from the pilot, just the image."

Are you sure about this? I have two of these new drones and I used two goggles with one drone. I was presently surprised to see all the OSD data in the goggles.

Did you use the Transmission and Audience settings to connect or how did you connect both Goggles to one drone?
2021-4-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

sbarton Posted at 4-20 05:08
Did you use the Transmission and Audience settings to connect or how did you connect both Goggles to one drone?

The first reply in this thread, from @Buzzyone explains how to set up the goggles.

As he explained, the pilot's goggles need to be set in "Broadcast" mode and the observer's goggles need to be set to "Audience". A list of broadcasting drones will be listed below the "Audience" tab (I've only seen one option listed here since my other goggles are the only ones broadcasting). You need to select the broadcast you want to watch and then exit out of the menus.

These options are all accessed from within the goggles onscreen menus.

Both goggles have to be "DJI FPV Goggles V2". The V1 goggles can't receive transmissions from the new FPV drone.

Make sure to let us know if you need any more detail.
Edit: One more thing. The V2 goggles have a mode which allows them to work with the "Air Unit". The goggles can't be in this mode in order to see the option described above.
2021-4-20
Use props
DNys
lvl.1

United States

yes as stated  below. The only thing that we see with using the audience mode  is the picture tiles when you are turning the drone for the spectator.
2022-1-1
Use props
djiuser_QfHLWsCClKeX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13816 ft
Canada

Buzzyone Posted at 2021-4-17 05:36

Wonder will this work with the Avata goggles on master mode and the DJI v2 goggles as the second goggles?
2022-9-1
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Buster1 Posted at 2021-4-17 05:00

I've done it. showed it. and you DO get the OSD.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_PFYc56OsbHJS
lvl.1

Italy

Buzzyone Posted at 2021-4-17 05:36
Yes you can, you need to set up the pilot goggles in 'Transmission', with the 'Pilot' tab selected, set 'Broadcasting' to 'On', this will then display a code, unique to the broadcast goggles. On the second set under the 'Transmission' tab, select the 'Audience' tab and then you should see the first set of goggles in the list, select those goggles and the second set will start to display the images from the first set. If there is more than one set of goggles in broadcast mode you will see them in the list too, just pick the correct code.

Do you know if this will work with an Oculus?
2022-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_QfHLWsCClKeX Posted at 9-1 04:23
Wonder will this work with the Avata goggles on master mode and the DJI v2 goggles as the second goggles?

Tried this today, the 'host' goggles (V2 - FPV) does not show up in the guest (2 - Avata) goggles, didn't try it the other way around, I suspect it may be a 'coming soon' feature.
2022-9-2
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 9-2 13:44
Tried this today, the 'host' goggles (V2 - FPV) does not show up in the guest (2 - Avata) goggles, didn't try it the other way around, I suspect it may be a 'coming soon' feature.

did you set it to broadcast?
2022-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtRay Posted at 9-2 17:12
did you set it to broadcast?

I did, but the broadcasting goggles did not show in the other.
2022-9-3
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 9-3 04:16
I did, but the broadcasting goggles did not show in the other.

ok, I guess this one is outta my wheelhouse. Sorry
2022-9-3
Use props
fans399d4cc2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_QfHLWsCClKeX Posted at 9-1 04:23
Wonder will this work with the Avata goggles on master mode and the DJI v2 goggles as the second goggles?

Yes I would like to know as well. I don’t have my goggles 2 yet but I have a spare V2 I could use for this.
2022-9-15
Use props
SashaW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1560410 ft
United States

Hey all.  I'm having problems seeing the pilot googles appear on the list of the audience goggles.  I made sure that the pilot goggles has Broadcasting turned on, and I even tried different manually settings, frequencies and channels.  It never appears on the audience goggles as even being there.  I'll note that I am using the Goggles 2 as the pilot goggles and the Goggles V2 as the audience, but I was informed by DJI care rep directly that this should still work.  Not sure why it's not popping up as a channel, all of the channels are greyed out on the audience V2 goggles.

Did anyone else experience this issue and find a solution?  Thanks!
2022-9-22
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39 ft
United States

Same here I have 2 V2 goggles with the latest firmware on them and I connect the pilot goggles with the drone and the controller and then set it up to broadcast and I switch the other goggle to the audience And nothing shows up in the goggles refreshing few times and still nothing. I have a code showing on the pilot goggles but on the audience, nothing to choose I tried in the manual channels mode still nothing.
My question is now do I have to pair the drone with the second pair of goggles? I don't know I am confused because was working before I updated the firmware. Damn DJI
2022-10-13
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just tried with mine, i have several goggles its pretty much set the 2nd pair to audience, even if the option is greyed out you can scroll to the menu and sellect dji-XXXX goggles, its a mirror osd of the pilot.  Just says bit rate is reduced, not sure to what but hopefully with upgraded antenna and both goggles close shouldn’t be much of an issue
2023-2-5
Use props
Hardiar
New

Netherlands

Hello
Can I connect two FPV Goggles 2 at the same time with my FPV drone?
Thanks
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_GOy38FlUBmWt
New
Flight distance : 124967 ft
United States

Hello My data transfer deteriorates by 2 times if I connected the viewer, how to bypass this?
2023-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules