Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji mavic Mini 2 or air 2s
948 11 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canonsvogel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684826 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello,

I currently own a phantom 4 pro. I really like the videoquality, although I don't do much with the video's i make.
The main issue with this drone, is that it is just too big. I live in the Netherlands, so I use a bicycle quite often. transporting the Phantom with a bicycle is just not nice to do. Therefore I am looking for a more portable drone.

There are two options for me.
1. get the mini 2
2. get the air 2s.

Reasons to get the mini 2:
1. It's smaller (More portable).
2. You can fly on more places (EU regulation).
3. Cheaper.

Reasons to get the Air 2s:
1. Better camera (Larger sensor).
2. newer (Better range and newer software).
3. It's more powerfull.
4. Sensors.
5. Has active-track (Altough I dont use it actually, but still...)

I heard that the mini 2's camera is quite noisy. How bad is it? It's not a big problem to have a camera that is a tad worse than the phantom's, but I dont want to regret my choice when comparing the two afterwards.

Can someone help me with my choise?

Thanks,
Canonsvogel.
Single SelectVote, Total 11 people participate in voting
36.36% (4)
63.64% (7)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-4-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Mini2 great drone for its price and good quality! flight time is great, video and picture quality oke....its all about how to use and watch back on a pc ? big tv screen ?

Check this > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240155

PS i have a MA2 and Mini2, but for riding my motorcycle on trips/holiday Mini2 is the one....

cheers
JJB
2021-4-17
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

I live in the U.S. so I went with the Air 2S however if I lived in Europe I think I’d have to go with the Mini 2 just so I could fly it in more places. Remember, it doesn’t matter how much better the camera in the Air 2S is if you can’t fly it in particular areas you want to video/photograph. Just my 2 cents.  Good luck with your decision.
2021-4-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For EU the Mini 2 without classififcation can practically fly anywhere not in the NFZ,  every other drone is going to be limited to open countryside at the end of the transition period.
2021-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS in the works section there are lots of pictures taken with the mini 2 for example - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 137&pid=2458951
2021-4-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

For price, quality and portability my Mini 2 works great.
2021-4-18
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree with Chuck's response, get the Mini2 as you're located in Europe which will allow you to fly in more locations based on the size/weight. Later if you're not happy with the camera you can always upgrade to the Air 2S or whatever is the latest at that time.
2021-4-18
Use props
canonsvogel
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello, thanks for your help. It really helps me with this decision. I'm still not sure which one to take. therefore I found a way to try a mini 2 for a week or so. Than I can try it and compare the camera quality with the p4p's. I guess that the camera of the p4p is comparable with the air 2s'. If I like the mini, I might take it, but I guess that it will be the air 2s.
2021-4-18
Use props
froggerradio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11969 ft

United Kingdom

Was going for the mini glad I bought the air 2s heard to many bad story's of the mini been blown away in not so windy weather not having enough power to return home my friends mini struggled to fly back to him on a not so windy day
2021-4-19
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

I have a mini  2 and love it. However I’ve been really thinking about the air 2s because of the sensors. I fatally dunked my original mini 1 in my pool because I shot it upward and clipped a tree branch causing it to fall. From what I understand the air 2s upward pointing sensor may have prevented that.  I’ve read the previous air model didn’t have upward sensors.  
2021-4-21
Use props
canonsvogel
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

My decision is now between the mavic Air 2 and the air 2s. I didn't like the build quality of the mini.

Which one should I go with. The mavic air 2 is 300 euros cheaper. The 2s does have a better camera but I am not a professional photographer, so 300 euros sounds a lot for this upgrade. There are some more minor upgrades...

Does anyone know whether the mavic air 2 will still be in production, or is will it be end of life soon?

Thanks for your help
2021-4-26
Use props
canonsvogel
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Went for the Air 2s.
2021-5-2
Use props
Advanced