DJI Air Unit Problems - PLEASE HELP!!!!
3277 14 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have an FPV Drone, that I bought the parts for last October (COVID put the build on hold).

I have two DJI Air Units.
I have the MAMBA F405 DJI Stack. Flashed with 4.2.8 (Most recent, did it today to try and fix the issue.)

With one Air Unit, I can get the FPV Camera to work with the goggles.
With the other Air Unit, I can get the transmitter and reciever to communitcate on Beta Flight.

But I cannot get either Air Unit to work fully.

I can either have motor control and not use tthe FPV goggles or I can see through the goggles and not be able to use the drone.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Both Air Units have the current Firmware from the DJI Assistant (FPV Version) 01.00.0600
2021-4-17
Use props
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As soon as I plug the one which doesnt work with the goggles in (plug in the battery), the goggles sync up, but say "Image Transmission Stopped".
The one which doesnt work with Betaflight on the reciever section, the inputs on the controller have no affect on the inputs on betaflight. Where as the other air unit works fine.
2021-4-17
Use props
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Betaflight for air unit that goggles work but inputs dont:
Picture1

Bf for air unit which goggles dont work but inouts do:
Picture2

Picture1.png
Picture2.png
2021-4-17
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did you bind the second controller ?
2021-4-18
Use props
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 4-18 01:14
Did you bind the second controller ?
No second controller.

I rebind the air units to the one controller. Green light to indicate it is connected, but no actual reciever inputs.
2021-4-18
Use props
abcharlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266745 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have same/similar problem, one air unit provides receiver input to Betaflight, one does not. They both have same firmware, sbus set to normal. I do however get video in dji fpv goggles from both. Any tips? Thanks
2021-4-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ApolloENG Posted at 4-18 01:17
No second controller.

I rebind the air units to the one controller. Green light to indicate it is connected, but no actual reciever inputs.

OK did you bind the Air units with the goggles?
2021-4-21
Use props
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 4-21 05:28
OK did you bind the Air units with the goggles?
Yes. Each time I pair, drone and remote can be seen as linked in the goggles UI.
2021-4-21
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I'm not sure how much is matters but there's a "FPV Series" forum which is likely a more appropriate place for your question.

I believe this specific forum is intended for the new DJI FPV Drone and relating hardware.

It doesn't matter to me, but you might have more success asking your question in the other forum. Perhaps a moderator could move the thread (assuming you want it moved)?
2021-4-21
Use props
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I dont mind if a mod wants to

Ive contacted support and will update this when I get the repair done on the units (if needed).
2021-4-21
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Both should connect with the goggles regardless of your Mamba settings, Try connecting the one that connects to the goggles again and this time make sure the UARTS are correctly set, I think it should be UART 2 but make sure. Switch the Serial RX button on if it isnt. Also Check if the receiver option is set to "Serial Based...." and below that option: SBUS
2021-4-21
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

abcharlie Posted at 4-19 09:08
Hi, I have same/similar problem, one air unit provides receiver input to Betaflight, one does not. They both have same firmware, sbus set to normal. I do however get video in dji fpv goggles from both. Any tips? Thanks

But is the hardware of the FC the same.

Some use +ve Sbus others use -ve Sbus.
2021-4-22
Use props
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So with the same SBUS settings and wiring... one air unit works with the goggles and not the controller. One air unit works with the controller and not the goggles. I now, don't see how I dont have two defective air units.
2021-4-24
Use props
abcharlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266745 ft
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 4-22 16:21
But is the hardware of the FC the same.

Some use +ve Sbus others use -ve Sbus.

Hi and thanks yes its the same FC....
2021-4-26
Use props
ApolloENG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Don't know if I can post exactly what was wrong with my units but:

Customer service was brilliant!!!!

I bought my 2 units, not directly from dji, May 2020 so still inside the basic 1 year warrenty when I sent them.

Absolutely no problems with dji trying to wriggle out of the free UPS postage to them - free postage provided.

When they arrived at dji,  it took them 1 day to diagnose the faults. When diagnosed, it took them 1 day to fix and they shipped them the same day (or dropped them off at UPS).

When I had the email to say the had been repaired, it said exactly what was wrong with both units down to the component level - which as an electrical engineer myself is awesome to see!!!

As my units were in warrenty, the repairs were free!!! But even though they were free for me, it did say exactly how much each part would have cost, brilliant!!!!

10/10 service!!
2021-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules