Brand New FPV and getting stick error
5454 6 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaronc_98
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
I got the FPV this week on my 3rd flight and I have never enter Manual mode, and I am getting remote controller stick error.  I could move up and down but not forward or backward.  So I powered off the controller and enter RTH and the drone went up but could not move forward.  So, I power cycle the remote and then it could move forward but it did nit seem to be able to stop or move backwards, so we restarted the controller again and slowly limped in for a crash landing becuase it would not stop.   It just stopped being able to go forward or backward mid flight....

What is the heck is wrong and what can I do to correct?

Update: I tried to recalibrate the RC and the right stick sense NO forward or backward motion, zero.  Evertything else is working normally, so I cannot recalibrate.  Is there a Hard reset for the RC?

Thanks!
2021-4-17
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

First, what do you have the RTH behavior set to? RTH behavior is independent of the controller.

Secondly, connect goggles and controller, ensure the drone is OFF (better yet, no battery) and find the controller calibration menu in the goggles. Run that.

Then let us know.
2021-4-17
Use props
Aaronc_98
lvl.1

United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-17 13:44
First, what do you have the RTH behavior set to? RTH behavior is independent of the controller.

Secondly, connect goggles and controller, ensure the drone is OFF (better yet, no battery) and find the controller calibration menu in the goggles. Run that.

I updated my post.  The RC sense NO forward or backward motion during calibration.
2021-4-17
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Sounds like you might have a bad stick, in one axis. Possibly try the RC in a different mode (1 or 3) and see if anything changes. Sorry.
2021-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aaronc_98. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern.  We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you have not tried, refresh the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 via the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) before testing and doing another RC Calibration. Please also check if the problem continues on different Stick Mode.
2021-4-17
Use props
Aaronc_98
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-17 23:39
Hi, Aaronc_98. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern.  We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you have not tried, refresh the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 via the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) before testing and doing another RC Calibration. Please also check if the problem continues on different Stick Mode.

So I did a refresh the controller and tried to calibrate; same result no forward or backward movement detected on the right stick.  Is there a hard reset for the controller?  or is this a bad stick?  Oh I cannot fly at all at this point... an expensive paper weight
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aaronc_98 Posted at 4-18 07:47
So I did a refresh the controller and tried to calibrate; same result no forward or backward movement detected on the right stick.  Is there a hard reset for the controller?  or is this a bad stick?  Oh I cannot fly at all at this point... an expensive paper weight

That's unfortunate to know and since the same problem persists, we suggest that you return the product back to our Service Center immediately for further testing. To assist you to open a ticket, please reach out to our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules