APAS Issues... Air 2S & Air 2 and MORE
3634 10 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

First test flight of the Air 2S.  Fly App 1.4.0 with updated firmware.  Control sticks in mode 2 and Normal mode selected.  APAS on.  Right stick caused the drone to ascend slightly before moving forward (butthole clench.. under my porch roof) Switching to Cine mode seemed to solve the issue BUT no APAS in Cine mode.  In the app, APAS is grey'd out, BUT available in Normal mode.

THEN, Shut every thing down and started my Air 2 (with it's controller) in Cine mode with APAS.  THEN, when switching to Nornal and back to Cine, APAS again grey'd out BUT, the drone still behaved as if APAS was on (white icon on FPV screen.. grey'd out in App)... stick shake, orange bars on FPV but no beeps (drone appeared  to brake only, no bypass)..

NOW, no APAS on either drone except in Normal mode....  What what what!!!!??
2021-4-17
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I think APAS isworking only in NORMAL mode just like the original Air 2
2021-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Akirasho. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 4.0 (APAS 4. 0) feature is available in Normal mode. Also, APAS is disabled when using Intelligent Flight modes and recording at high resolution such as 2. 7K 48/50/60 fps, 1080p 120 fps, 4K 48/50/60 fps, and 5. 4K 24/25/30 fps.
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_CTbkL7ftnjKY
lvl.2

India

I have the same question I selected normal mode and I was test flying in the late evening I was getting a red icon on the top right corner of  Vision System Status and on the left side APAS was blinking all red - any reason for it? In short, does APAS works only during the day, not at night? how to enable or disable APAS?2nd Query is About Auxleriy Light when selected Auto ( it will light up ) But If we fly high in the Evening will it continue to glow? or it will glow when landing to surface? I am asking if you have tried it before
I am attaching a sample image for review and explain to me why this happened?

APAS issue

APAS issue
2021-8-19
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

djiuser_CTbkL7ftnjKY Posted at 8-19 10:12
I have the same question I selected normal mode and I was test flying in the late evening I was getting a red icon on the top right corner of APAS and on the left side assist was blinking all red - any reason for it? In short, does APAS works only during the day, not at night? how to enable or disable APAS?
I am attaching a sample image for review and explain to me why this happened

The APAS is working when obstacle sensors see. Because they are visual sensors they need ambient light to see. You have it in total black thats why
2021-8-19
Use props
djiuser_CTbkL7ftnjKY
lvl.2

India

Niknik Posted at 8-19 10:22
The APAS is working when obstacle sensors see. Because they are visual sensors they need ambient light to see. You have it in total black thats why

Sir you mean to say - When there is night hours or late evening with less light Visual sensors will not work? because of that APAS will not work?

2nd Query About Auxleriy Light when selected Auto mode ( it will light up when it's dark) But If we fly high in the Evening will it continue to glow Auxleriy light? or it will glow when landing to surface? I am asking if you have tried it before can you give me answer to this one as well?
2021-8-20
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Bypass only works in normal mode, cine mode uses "brake" and sports doesn't stops you from crashing at all, but sensors will still beep. Bypass also doesn't work on video modes that require much power, like 5.4K, 4K/60, etc

Bypass causes the drone to fly clunkier and in a totally unpredictable way and at any altitude you'll lose agility, as the aircraft will turn slower than in brake mode.

Brake mode is the way to go for safety, I'd only use bypass if I want to make a reeeally close to obstacles video run at full stick (those that seem that you are going to crash, but not). I'm on brake 99.99% of the time, except when sensors start malfunctioning during bluehour (brake the drone for no reason at all), then I just change to sport mode till it gets darker and back to normal/brake again.
2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_CTbkL7ftnjKY
lvl.2

India

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-20 02:02
Bypass only works in normal mode, cine mode uses "brake" and sports doesn't stops you from crashing at all, but sensors will still beep. Bypass also doesn't work on video modes that require much power, like 5.4K, 4K/60, etc

Bypass causes the drone to fly clunkier and in a totally unpredictable way and at any altitude you'll lose agility, as the aircraft will turn slower than in brake mode.

Huginn My query is different 1) i wanted to know why in Normal mode APAS and Visual senor not working
2) In the Late evening to at night where there is no sunlight just street lights or building lights All the senors on Normal should work or not? Like Visual sensor, (front, back top-bottom, and APAS should work?)
3) Auxerially Light when selected as Auto on - In low light it lite up automatically But I want to know If I fly high it will still lite up even over 15 to 40 meters high - I have not tested just asking?
You can review my post above and reply accordingly thanks
2021-8-20
Use props
simon_pilgrim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 731401 ft
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-20 02:02
Bypass only works in normal mode, cine mode uses "brake" and sports doesn't stops you from crashing at all, but sensors will still beep. Bypass also doesn't work on video modes that require much power, like 5.4K, 4K/60, etc

Oh, so it is normal to only see BRAKE or OFF in Cine mode (BYPASS disappears from options when I switch to CINE mode)...?
2021-9-17
Use props
JeanbHarmon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101467 ft
Israel

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2021-8-20 02:02

"Bypass also doesn't work on video modes that require much power, like 5.4K, 4K/60, etc", per the manual it only applies with Intelligent flight mode. I assume ByPass should still work 4k60 (even when recording) providing no Inteligent flight is in use.
2022-5-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

JeanbHarmon Posted at 5-2 08:33
"Bypass also doesn't work on video modes that require much power, like 5.4K, 4K/60, etc", per the manual it only applies with Intelligent flight mode. I assume ByPass should still work 4k60 (even when recording) providing no Inteligent flight is in use.

Well, it doesn't. At least on my Air 2. Haven't tried with Air 2S, but I think it is the same situation with the Air 2S
2022-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules