Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RS2 PAN IS SLIDING WHEN FULLY LOCKED
6972 9 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaredmarino_
lvl.1
Canada

Hello! I just got my RS2 less than a month ago (I've only used it once so far too) and the pan axis keeps sliding back and forth when it's fully in the locked position making it difficult to successfully operate with and even stabilize. The lever to unlock and lock is somewhat loose compared to the ROLL & TILT axis' as well, making it easy to fully unlock accidentally.

Any tips on what I should do? I don't have a care refresh plan but this does seem like a manufacturing issue regardless as I have seen nobody having this issue.

Thanks!
2021-4-17
Use props
jmphilms
lvl.2
United States

just got mine and the same thing i opened up the box set everything up and when working on the pan I noticed mine's too was weaker than the other locks.  It has some friction but not enough where i can move it easily.  It seems like that small hex screw but I dont know the size or if thats the case  DJI PLEASE RESPOND
2021-5-5
Use props
jaredmarino_
lvl.1
Canada

jmphilms Posted at 5-5 16:26
just got mine and the same thing i opened up the box set everything up and when working on the pan I noticed mine's too was weaker than the other locks.  It has some friction but not enough where i can move it easily.  It seems like that small hex screw but I dont know the size or if thats the case  DJI PLEASE RESPOND

I sent mine to DJI to repair and they told me that there was nothing wrong with my unit. I hope that the problem magically fixed when it arrived to them in that case. Awaiting for it to return back to me now. The hex screw size won't fix it either, I tried tightening it but it didn't work sadly.
2021-5-5
Use props
jmphilms
lvl.2
United States

Well darn, I got a shoot which I bought it for in 2 week and I wanted to test it out in the meantime
2021-5-5
Use props
jaredmarino_
lvl.1
Canada

It should still work depending on your set up! I had a heavier rig as I have a C300 on it so my pan kept sliding
2021-5-5
Use props
WonkyTripod
lvl.1
Ireland

Noone seems to have mentioned it, but for those with a loose tightening lock, the lock lever lifts up over the gear of the screw, allowing you to rotate it back and keep tightening  it. Just pull it up, rotate back and keep doing this til its as tight as you need.
2021-5-15
Use props
fans7a332d4c
New

United Kingdom

WonkyTripod Posted at 5-15 04:50
Noone seems to have mentioned it, but for those with a loose tightening lock, the lock lever lifts up over the gear of the screw, allowing you to rotate it back and keep tightening  it. Just pull it up, rotate back and keep doing this til its as tight as you need.

Thank you so much this is exactly what I needed!
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_t8fG16MeZF42
New

New Zealand

WonkyTripod Posted at 2021-5-15 04:50

this was non-obivous to me and needs to be called out more clearly in the manual. Life saver! Thanks.
2022-10-8
Use props
JBuret
lvl.1

United States

There is one more problem, the screws on the axis get loose and you might loose one of them. That automatically looses the tightness. I am currently missing one
2022-12-11
Use props
djiuser_Tok1DvOKBo9G
New

United States

WonkyTripod Posted at 2021-5-15 04:50

I have this issue on a RSC 2 with the mounting plate screw hinge. I tried to lift it, I don’t think it’s spring loaded like other models. Not sure why they would remove that. Only one knob on the device lifts up.
2023-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules