Where is the new firmware - I am loosing money!
4631 58 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayson
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-18 02:24
I suspect 50% of the people reporting problems are bad firmware upgrades.  (bad checksums, failed tr ...

I agree. Why does it take over a MONTH to get anywhere with this considering all the problems. I have posted videos and the response is basically to send it in or wait for new firmware. They say to send it in because they know no one wants to wait 6 weeks to get your unit back. Dont like it FINE just send it in punks! That is the DJI attitude. We all know sending it in they cant do anything without new firmware either. I have heard many people who have sent units in and got back with same problem or another problem. I think I am going to use my Amex to return this thing under 90 day rule. Not a great experience for my first DJI purchase.
Can someone answer me if there are different hardware revisions yet? I have an early pro version and I wonder if hardware revisions have been made already hence the reasoning for some units not having issues. Would sending it in have them replace anything? Or are the just going to try and reload firmware, recalibrate IMU, run some system checks and do flight test? If I send in can they put back on 1.1.9 firmware?
2015-7-21
Use props
ranges
lvl.3

United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-17 18:15
..and other users ARE experiencing problems - myself included!

I've spoken to your technical staf ...

BRAVO! BRAVO!
2015-7-22
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 16:02
As you have seen many user are not having issues with the new version of the firmware.  Can you be m ...

I had zero issues until I installed the latest firmware.   Now I have a multitude of issues and the answer from DJI is to send it in and be without it for 2 months.    How about just let me roll back to 1.19 and I'll be flying with No issues again.  What's so hard about allowing us to Roll back.  The development time into a Roll back option is small compared to a whole new Firmware.   
2015-7-22
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-17 23:10
While I am dismayed by DJI's lack of attention to their loyal customer base, I am disgusted with t ...

Great Post!  Lot's of Douchebags on these forums for sure.  I got my Phantom at the beginning of May.  Not one single issue until I installed 1.26 and now I have multiple issues.  I ready to send this POS back myself as it's been sitting for almost 3 weeks waiting on new firmware.   There are lot's of Quads hitting the market now so we have many more choices going forward.     
2015-7-22
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

I am having problems also after the firmware update.  Flew perfect before I updated.  Everything has been recalibrated.  Wish they would hurry up and fix it.
2015-7-22
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-17 23:28
Absolutely sir: And thanks for your response.

ETA: Phantom 3 Professional

sounds like a HW issue not FW.
2015-7-22
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

but did not start til the first time I flew after the updates.  was fine 10 min before I updated.
2015-7-22
Use props
mikaproductions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 67392 ft
France

Hi all

Maybe we should start a petition  " roll back firmware !! firmware fix or refund it  !!! ":@

I don't use mine from the last update, I almost crash my drone with the drifting issue, my altitude is wrong and I did all the calibration many time....it's not stable as he use to be...

Now I just remembered  (DJI CEO: Phantom 3 "not perfect" ) well so fix it........
2015-7-23
Use props
jerry486
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579357 ft
Romania

Allowing us to revert to 1.1.x or whichever version we prefer would make sense, and would also be a quick fix for DJI (less angry cusomters) - easy and logical.

So why not do it then?

Perhaps there is a reason for this.

Perhaps there are new safety limitations in the new updates and DJI would rather (or have been forced to) not allow us to revert back..

Something fishy is going on here..
dji-11x.jpg

2015-7-23
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The fact that DJI has a version checking system that prevents customers from reloading firmware is a public relations DISASTER for DJI.  

The version checking system prevents the customer from being able to reload a previous version and it also prevents the customer from reloading the SAME firmware if the upgrade process does not complete correctly.  

I sincerely hope DJI has learned a lesson from this poor decision to only allow upgrades.  (Not re-loads and reverting back to working versions.)  

As for the long delay before releasing a new version.  I am guessing that after releasing several quick updates that broke stuff... has resulted in DJI being extra careful before releasing another new version.  I believe they are performing more testing before releasing it than past versions.  And that takes time.  And that means we all have to wait untill they feel "comfortable" before we have access to workign firmware.

The real answer is:  Release new versions that do NOT have any version checking.  Re-release the old versions without version checking.  Start treating the customers as adults and allow customers to do their own version testing and report back what works best.  Allow customers to load ANY firmware that works best for them.  That is the only way to satisfy rightfully angry customers.

Meanwhile... The BAD word of mouth about the P3 is spreading every day they wait to REMOVE VERSION CHECKING and re-release the 1.1.8 and 1.1.9 firmware as new versions  WITHOUT VERSION CHECKING.  Every day they wait... is speading the word that P3 is a BROKEN FLOP.
2015-7-23
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I had spoken to seller and he actually notice that dji new fw creates issues on different hw revision... He notice that some batches of p3  has no issue ...

He said that dji might used or replaced some components due to supply issue or manufacturing decision...

But dji has no way to know our hw rev... So they are developing the new fw that could cater for all hw revs....its actually coming...
Btw... We asked me to stay at 1.1.9 until advised...
2015-7-24
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2015-7-17 23:40
It is not a non issue to those who have suffered from this update , to all who are not having any pr ...

How is your new P3 working?  Any issues?
2015-7-24
Use props
yegorius
lvl.1

Spain

NO SIGNAL!
1.2.6 + 1.2.0
I am loosing money too!!!
More than 1 month i have only drone, not flying camera with FPV!!!
Where is new firmware?!
DJI, with this approach to customers - customers will not stay!
2015-7-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Toilet Bowl is usually compass errors......

I've always noticed on the P3 that when I do the app compass calibration I have to spin twice - that is, when I spin once it doesn't switch to the 2nd part of the calibration.
It would work if I spun 1 1/2 times, but I do it twice to make sure....

If IMU and all the other stuff is done - and a good compass calibration (making sure no metal under concrete, etc.), then toilet bowl should not happen.
If all possible resets and calibrations don't fix - well, then, sending it back is the only thing left. I agree it should not drift or toilet bowl. The TB effect is especially dangerous as it can cause the whole thing to go haywire.

Knock on wood  - mine is running fine with newest FW. I traveled 250 miles south and it ran fine even without a new compass cal. Then I went 100 miles east and it did the same.....
2015-7-29
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

For those having issues with the latest (1.2.6/1.2.8) firmware: Do a search or browse the forum for "firmware rollback", or read this entire thread.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-23263-1-1.html
A fellow forum member is providing a file to remove the latest firmware and allow you to install 1.1.9 or even go through the process again and go to 1.1.8. Looks like it's been successful and I've it's seems there are no problems or issues for those who have used it. Many have reported they can fly again and regained stability they lost with 1.2.6/1.2.8 after rolling back their firmware.
2015-7-30
Use props
yegorius
lvl.1

Spain

Yesterday (31.07) became available a new version of the manual for P3A and P3P! -> Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced User Manual (EN) v1.2
Hopefully after that will appear the new firmware for P3P/P3A!
Inspire 1 also received a new version of the manual about two days ago -> Inspire 1 User Manual (EN) v1.4
2015-8-1
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 16:02
As you have seen many user are not having issues with the new version of the firmware.  Can you be m ...

Hi Tahoe Ed
Here is my specific problem When I pull up the 8 available channels on my lightbridge,  I have dancing red bars across the board, "always"  I keep getting a signal drop every time the channel goes red on every channel I no longer have any range, I live out in the mountains in the middle of no where and I do not have one available clean channel, I cant imagine trying to obtain a channel in the city, Does this cause flyaways?  Maybe this system should have been 5.8, Is there going to be an upgrade to the downgrade when we lost the 32 channels or is this a way for the fcc and faa to throttle us. forever?
2015-8-1
Use props
jdee_01902
lvl.1

United States

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-17 23:10
While I am dismayed by DJI's lack of attention to their loyal customer base, I am disgusted with t ...

Hey, I'm new to flying the P3P, have had about 20 flights! I have yet to experience any problems flying this bird. Indoor w/VPS on, the P3P is incredibly stable! Outside, or or off, stability is even better! I've put my controller down and walked around for five minutes with my Phantom hovering at 4 feet! Doesn't drift unless there's a pretty good breeze and even then you can see it fighting to stabilize! Nope, no problems here! If 55% of owners are having problems with the app, maybe lessons from the other 45% are in order
2015-8-1
Use props
richard
New

United Kingdom

Sorry Im talking Phantom 3 Pro

I have just had an email from DJI after asking for a total refund after installing 1.2.6 firmware and stopped me flying for 7 weeks .
The reply was I can try the new firmware that they say will be released this week or send it back so it looks like this week for new Firmware thank god and lets hope it puts us back in the air.
2015-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules