457 3 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Hey guys,

I can’t find anything in the manual, but with brand new, straight outta the box SDs... do you have to format them before flight/recording? Or can you just drop them in and go?

Thanks.
2021-4-17
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always format them in the device I’m using them in. It only takes seconds to do.
2021-4-17
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

You don't really need to format them.
There's some reports of the SD cards behaving better when formatted in the PC.  I thought I had trouble with SD cards when formatted in the drone but I'm not sure if I was doing something else wrong. I'm not sure formatting in the drone or goggle is a problem but I'm reasonably sure formatting the SD cards in the PC works fine.
I make sure to "eject" the SD card from the PC. Again, I'm not sure if I was doing something else wrong but I have reason to believe the SD cards behave better when they are "ejected".

If the SD card works without formatting, I'd use it that way.

One more thing I'm not sure about: Use a very fast tap on the start record button. A long press switches to still photo mode but I've noticed only very quick presses will start the recording.

All of the above might be figments of my imagination but this is what my ape brain currently believes.
2021-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Buster1. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry! The microSD card doesn't require formatting before being used unless there's a prompt to do so.
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules