Zenmuse X5s Lenses
875 3 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7be8e274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

I believe that any Micro four thirds lens would technically fit to the gimbal, but you were need to attach balance rings. Other than the lenses that DJI lists as compatible, does anyone know of some additional lenses for the X5s that will work?  And what corresponding balancing ring would you need?

I was hoping for something like a 150mm Macro lenses.

Thanks!
2021-4-17
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Replies reward +1

There is the Venus Laowa 7.5mm - ultra wide angle lens that will work with the X5s, but it is a manual lens.  Meaning - you have to preset the focus and adjust aperture manually.  From what I've read, once its dialed in, it takes great pics/vids.   As for balancing ring, I'm not sure if there is a need for it.

There are lots of Youtube reviews for this lens.
2021-4-19
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Correction - For the Laowa 7.5mm lens - No need for balancing ring. You will need a 37 to 46mm adapter ring if you will use an ND filter.

2021-4-19
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found the Olympus 45mm lens created too much picture vibration unless you locked it onto something with quick tracking, even then it was hit or miss so I wouldn't use it for broadcast footage as it isn't completely stable. DJI where pretty good about, as I sent it back several times but it never seemed to be reliably solid.  I've just come to accept that this is one of the little flaw in an otherwise pretty stunning piece of kit/tech. Presume others were more successful?  
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules