7288 12 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stephentaber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Took delivery of an Air2s yesterday, took it for a test flight this morning. performance is as expected, very stable, noticably faster accending and decending than the Air2. No abnormal noises. I shot a selection of video and stills without issue.

I then tried to shoot a sphere pano, first shot of the pano was taken, then I received a 'motor error' which bailed the drone out of the pano procedure, then a 'pano failed' warning. I had the same thing happen when trying to spotlight active track.

As I said, drone performed perfectly. I tried a new battery and replaced all 4 blades, reset the app.... problem was replicated.

Question is, firmware or hardware, I also fly a mini and have been plagued by a similar error for months on and off. If the mini shows this error it beeps and moves the offending prop upon landing, the Air2s did not do this. Is there a way to tell which motor the software 'thinks' there is a problem with?

Thanks

2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is it just motor error or motor obstructed.
2021-4-17
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 23:10
Is it just motor error or motor obstructed.

It was the ‘orange’ motor error check props warning.
Thanks
2021-4-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Stephentaber,

Best to get help is ti upload your flightlog, use this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here or just pu a loud link to your flightlog on here.

Log may tell more about the ; wich specific 'motor error' it was.

cheers
|JJB
2021-4-18
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-18 00:06
Hi Stephentaber,

Best to get help is ti upload your flightlog, use this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Hi, I have just been looking at the data on AirData (https://app.airdata.com/share/KTDTBc/GENERALNotifications)

Also I have been doing some reading, it was cold this morning, checked for icing after a short flight and conditions were fine in that regard, but air temp was low. I have read other examples of motors spinning faster than usual due to cold air and creating this error. I will try another flight later today when it is due to be a tropical 11 here in the UK

I will also try a IMU calibration, UAV was straight out of the box yesterday. If this is software/imu related I am happy to try and solve it, if I can somehow confirm it's hardware, I am clearly in my window for a replacement under warranty.
2021-4-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

First error "Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution" at 18s in flight, batt temp at start 26 C degrees.
Indeed cold weather with high humidity can cause icing on blades, resulting in loss of lift wich is than compensate by high revs. (and errors in the app, but than max power reached and/or high revs)
But not after 18 seconds in flight with no RC input!, so does not look good to me.

Just be carefull and test out in other flight conditions.

cheers
JJB

2021-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

On new drones sometimes sensors can be set very sensitive and are usually corrected with updates, high wind warning for example, I would not be surprised if we see some more similar problems. But keep an eye on it .
2021-4-18
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A second flight this afternoon, no errors this time. I pushed hard in sports mode and could not replicate the error at speed, and the pano worked without any issues. As hallmark says, possibly a combination of the cold temperature and sensitivity that could be lowered in a firmware update.
2021-4-18
Use props
pauloancarvalho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 802054 ft
Portugal

Hello, I just purchased a DJI Air 2S and on my first 3 flights had this warning and the motor was very hot. I replaced the propeller and the problem disappeared, no more warnings and no more overheating. After a lot of testing, I can confirm that it was an individual propeller causing the problem.
2021-5-6
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Stephentaber@me.com Posted at 4-17 23:15
It was the ‘orange’ motor error check props warning.
Thanks

Did my first flight yesterday and received the same pop up warning about 4 times.  Landed, checked the props which were installed correctly.  Took off and the error appeared again.

Am going to try another set of props this morning and see how it goes.
2021-5-6
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I posted this thread originally. My flight where I had the issue was in cold conditions (not dangerous reckless cold, but cold all the same) Since returning from that initial flight I have not had the error repeat itself. I changed the props and calibrated the IMU. As I actioned both at the same time I will never know which actually solved the problem unfortunately.

I never had a hot motor Paulo, my issue seemed to be firmware/IMU related, the fact you had a hot motor maybe points to a motor issue or somehow the set of props causing excess drag? Unlike my Mavic mini, the Air2s didn’t ‘show me’ which prop was the problem upon landing, so I replaced all 4 and have not used them since.

I have now flown my Air2S multiple times and had no further issues, appears really solid overall.
2021-5-6
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had this taking off from grass where there is a couple of blades of grass hitting the props...It's VERY SENSITIVE.
2021-5-9
Use props
AlbusLupus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438419 ft
Ukraine

HI
I have experienced the same issue (((  Also wonder how to define which motor causes the warning.
Does somebody find a way to understand this?
2021-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules