DJI FPV with ActiveTrack 3.0
12020 21 2021-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sergio A
lvl.1

Spain

Hi, I am interested in the DJI FPV combo, but before I get it, I would like to ask a question: does the DJI FPV have the ActiveTrack 3.0 functionality like the mavic air 2?. Is this functionality planned to be implemented in a future firmware version?

Thanks!.
2021-4-17
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,
There are no tracking or any other auto modes on the FPV Drone and will not be in the future either.
2021-4-18
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-18 00:32
Hello,
There are no tracking or any other auto modes on the FPV Drone and will not be in the future either.

As reported above, tracking features are not present and are not planned.
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sergio A. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, the DJI FPV doesn't support ActiveTrack function and there's no confirmation yet whether this can be added later but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-4-18
Use props
Sergio A
lvl.1

Spain

Thank you for the answers!

best regards.
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_kOXVGjZWuCus
New

Israel

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-18 03:34
Hi, Sergio A. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, the DJI FPV doesn't support ActiveTrack function and there's no confirmation yet whether this can be added later but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thank you for your continued support!

I dodnt understand why dji remove this option from this drone , it basically ca have all in one ,
I would be happy if dji will upadate the auto option like a active traxk and more ob
On dji fpv
2022-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_kOXVGjZWuCus Posted at 1-8 10:39
I dodnt understand why dji remove this option from this drone , it basically ca have all in one ,
I would be happy if dji will upadate the auto option like a active traxk and more ob
On dji fpv

Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback, we will transfer your concern to the relevant engineer, hope we could provide more choices to optimize the usage of the FPV.
2022-1-8
Use props
djiuser_C7GWTjeZWdxc
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-18 03:34

I too would love to see DJI add activetrack to the FPV drone. It is my understanding that the FPV is DJI's flag ship drone. A flag ship is supposed to have all the bells and whistles.  Please add this feature soon.
Thank yiu.
2022-1-22
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

djiuser_C7GWTjeZWdxc Posted at 1-22 07:47
I too would love to see DJI add activetrack to the FPV drone. It is my understanding that the FPV is DJI's flag ship drone. A flag ship is supposed to have all the bells and whistles.  Please add this feature soon.
Thank yiu.

retard fpv is full manual, always has been and always will be. If you want those features fly a basic ass drone that only does up and down left right
2022-1-25
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_C7GWTjeZWdxc Posted at 1-22 07:47
Thank yiu.

An FPV drone should never have such functions!!!

Never
2022-1-27
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

I'm disagree too and it doesn't make sense for a FPV model to have such features.

Mavic for tracking, quickshots etc...
FPV for immersive flight and manuel/acro mode.
2022-1-27
Use props
mbrooke
New
Flight distance : 80115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dakilla Posted at 1-27 08:32
I'm disagree too and it doesn't make sense for a FPV model to have such features.

Mavic for tracking, quickshots etc...

It would be nice to have the option to see you gps location to fly to a location you want to explore. It would also be nice to optionally see a live breadcrumb trail of where I have been.  
2022-5-18
Use props
ZORAST
lvl.2
Germany

Plz add Active Track function
2022-5-25
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

frankymusik Posted at 1-27 08:10
An FPV drone should never have such functions!!!

Never

I agree 100%.
2022-5-25
Use props
chinmarifpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74596 ft
United States

If it adds no weight
and can be turned off

i would love it, i do lots of bike and car stuff and this feature would be awesome

and if its just software code why not

Buying a drone with that as the main purpose is not for me, right now,

2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_8F1icq9iIfc3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49918 ft
Germany

I would love to see active track and spotlight on my FPV drone.
2022-6-1
Use props
fansc03e6e14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

Of course DJI will never implement Active Track on the FPV drone because they don't want you to save money.

They want to obligate you to buy different drones for different usages.
2022-6-23
Use props
LeWoth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168146 ft
Sweden

Any update on this, has the FPV drone got the Follow Me/Active Track feature in the firmware now (2022/07/10)?
I sold my Mavic 2 Zoom, and I'm in the Mavic 3 or FPV Combo jungle, I cannot have both, and I want the FPV but also want the option to do cinematic Follow Me taking video of moving cars. As Active Track is just a Firmware feature, this really shounld be available for the FPV Combo as well.
2022-7-9
Use props
nesto
lvl.1
Czechia

I might have a better idea. How about have FPV Goggles compatibility for other drones? Because FPV drone is really not made for active tracking, it's acrobatic/racing drone. But to be able to have first person goggles view for camera drone like Mavic, that would be interesting. Don't you think?
For example just connect DJI RC Pro to DJI Goggles V2 and have an FPV view like that. It would also made better battery life for both devices.
2022-7-15
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

nesto Posted at 7-15 03:31
I might have a better idea. How about have FPV Goggles compatibility for other drones? Because FPV drone is really not made for active tracking, it's acrobatic/racing drone. But to be able to have first person goggles view for camera drone like Mavic, that would be interesting. Don't you think?
For example just connect DJI RC Pro to DJI Goggles V2 and have an FPV view like that. It would also made better battery life for both devices.

This is not so simple.
In order to use FPV Goggles and control effectively, there are hardware differences as well.   FPV drones are optimized to reduce latency and lags.   I can imagine much higher latency and lags when used with Mavic series, and the experience would be sub-optimal.

Regarding Active Tracking FPV - I also don't think it will ever happen.
Remember that FPV only has 1 axis gimbal, Active Tracking has a lot of speed up, slow down, change directions etc, resulting video won't work very well.
2022-7-16
Use props
Tim Hynde
lvl.1
United States

Yep, wish I had found this forum prior to purchase, figured the  flagship would have a feature that's been around a while, live and learn.
2022-12-10
Use props
fansafaaa2e9
New

United States

djiuser_8F1icq9iIfc3 Posted at 2022-6-1 01:06
I would love to see active track and spotlight on my FPV drone.

Try using hitachi
3-13 06:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules