Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 2s: Adjustable focus or fixed?
2361 7 2021-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRK
lvl.2
United States

Does the Air 2S come with a fixed focus of the Air 2, or because of the larger sensor, with adjustable focus of the Mavic 2 Pro? I could not find any info on that. Thank you.
2021-4-18
Use props
jmb63
First Officer
Flight distance : 4917513 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has adjustable focus
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DRK. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. The Mavic Air 2S has a fixed focus lens.
2021-4-19
Use props
Gerv55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004911 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-19 00:05
Hi, DRK. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. The Mavic Air 2S has a fixed focus lens.

It has auto or manual focus from what i've seen in reviews.
2021-4-19
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2597113 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I can confirm that my Air 2S have both AF and MF, it also comes equiped with a variable Focus peaking function.
2021-4-19
Use props
DRK
lvl.2
United States

Thank you. That is what I was thinking. I was not a big fan of the variable focus on the MP2. I had moments when I realized that I forgot to reset the focus. Even in autofocus it sometimes grabbed on to the foreground during start and then did not adjust during the flight. I liked that with the Air 2 I never had to think about that. I am assuming that is something I have to expect when I want a larger sensor with cleaner images. D!RK
2021-4-20
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1998317 ft
United States

DRK Posted at 2021-4-20 03:27
Thank you. That is what I was thinking. I was not a big fan of the variable focus on the MP2. I had moments when I realized that I forgot to reset the focus. Even in autofocus it sometimes grabbed on to the foreground during start and then did not adjust during the flight. I liked that with the Air 2 I never had to think about that. I am assuming that is something I have to expect when I want a larger sensor with cleaner images. D!RK

Have you found a way to lock the focus on infinity or to get MF off the screen? I prefer the Air 2 in this regard for sure.
6-5 18:51
Use props
Niknik
Captain
Flight distance : 1254724 ft
  • >>>
Greece

it's adjustable (Manual Focus), and it is better to set it manually than Auto because sometimes kicks in very often and destroys the footage.
6-9 13:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules