Stitch photos together for a panoramic on Mini 1.
1619 4 2021-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

I have a mini 1, which didn’t have the panoramic option (can’t understand why). But I’ve took some photos using the Mini making sure I’ve overlapped.  

Is there an easy way to merge them together on an iPad or Mac? Ideally a program that’s easy to use and automatic.

I don’t have photoshop etc, just the basic apps.
Thanks
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM_fly. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this is a 3rd party software to stitch photos that you have captured using your DJI Mavic Mini. I hope that you will get the best recommendations and information from our fellow DJI co pilots on what is the best editing software to do the said process. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

checkout http://hugin.sourceforge.net
2021-4-19
Use props
MiFrDr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 300367 ft
Germany

Hi MM_fly,

HUGIN is available for several platforms (mac, windows, linux, …) and is freeware.

I used the version for Ubuntu

Steps:

1) Load images

2) Allign (automatically)

3) chose projection (→e.g. ‚equirectangular‘ for a spherical bubble)

4) Crop

5) Create panorama (e.g. jpg file with 90% quality)

There are a lot of options for fine tuning, the software seems to be very powerful, but I still use it in a simple way.

After hat, the jpg file needs to changed to the right size (maximum 10000 x 5000, relation 2:1, and the top part of the spere needs to be filled with some colour. To do this I used SnagIt (by TechSmith) but there are better tools available, I think.

After that, the sphere ('360') can be uploaded to skypixel.com. It creates automatically the tiny earth thing, which flies in

Here are some examples:

https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/pano-waldangelloch-2021-spring1?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

Enjoy your next flight!
2021-4-19
Use props
CaulfieldS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117405 ft
United States

Check out Microsoft Image Composite Editor, free to use and does a great job lining everything up
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules