gimbal control with single remote
6279 30 2014-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuzphotos
lvl.2

United States

Can you contron then 360 pan while flying with a single remote or just up and down?Stu
2014-11-24
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, a single operator can control pitch but not camera yaw. You can yaw the aircraft to point the camera at what you want.
2014-11-24
Use props
tao.zhao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

Controller can not pan.
App will have the pan control function.
2014-11-24
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

"Controller can not pan.
App will have the pan control function."

OK thx, so is it then possible with 1 RC/pilot/controller to use the app to control camera yaw/pan assuming you've got spare fingers?

Cheers Mark
2014-11-24
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

tao.zhao Posted at 2014-11-25 12:51
Controller can not pan.
App will have the pan control function.

Thats very helpful info ty ..operator with practice should be able to figure this out with one controller. Right?? or should I cancel  my order and order the drone with two controllers?
2014-11-24
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2014-11-25 14:01
Thats very helpful info ty ..operator with practice should be able to figure this out with one con ...

Im gonna grow an extra finger ,,lol
Actually with practice pan and tilt can be done in atti mode quite easily . This is gonna be cool.
2014-11-24
Use props
tao.zhao
lvl.3
China

For most of pilots, It is very difficult to manipulate pitch, pan and flight at the same time for single operator. It  will cause confusion.
Another case, you fly with a friend. He/she can help you manipulate pitch and pan by App. No need second controller. And it will be better for single operator to control pan and pitch.
So we have not designed a second gimbal input for the remote controller.

Now I have a solution for you. We can make the wheel  to control pitch and pan at different time. And one customize key can switch functions between pitch and pan quickly. How about that.
2014-11-25
Use props
DaveM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23035 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tao.zhao Posted at 2014-11-25 19:01
For most of pilots, It is very difficult to manipulate pitch, pan and flight at the same time for si ...

That may be a solution, would this use one of the reserved switches on the rear of the controller ?
Default Tilt, one press on reserved switch pan, then another press and you are back to tilt.
2014-11-25
Use props
tao.zhao
lvl.3
China

Yes, we have two customize switches  for each controller. They are the rear switches.
We will develop this function later.
Thank you for your advise.
2014-11-25
Use props
DaveM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23035 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tao.zhao Posted at 2014-11-25 23:25
Yes, we have two customize switches  for each controller. They are the rear switches.
We will develo ...

Many thanks for this, I am sure others will like this feature
2014-11-25
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

"Now I have a solution for you. We can make the wheel  to control pitch and pan at different time. And one customize key can switch functions between pitch and pan quickly. How about that."

That's exactly what I was looking for, people knock DJI and their service, I cannot fault it! Many thanks, Mark
2014-11-25
Use props
patoupoussiere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello guys,  just a little idea for dji. When i use the groundstation it should be possible to control the Pan and tilt function with my single remote control......Logic or not? Could be very usefull for a single operater.
2014-11-28
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

For most of pilots, It is very difficult to manipulate pitch, pan and flight at the same time for si ...

I dig the  idea of the apps having pitch and pan via the app so co pilot can use a smart phone for camera control and not need a second controller. Slide switches on the back even better IMO  for one operator flight and filming.
2014-11-29
Use props
jryser
New

United States

I like the idea of "user yaw" as I got really good at that with my Vision 2.  Very light on the controls can make that happen.
2014-11-29
Use props
patoupoussiere
lvl.4
Switzerland

I agree with you. But when i use the groundstation with some waypoints it would be great to have the possibility to control the Pan/Tilt of the camera with my single remote..... Please tell me if i'm completly wrong. The solution with the button on the backside (toggle between Pan and Tilt) is in my eyes just half of a solution (you never can do both of theme together ).
2014-11-30
Use props
David
lvl.2

Australia

Not sure why a single operator needs pan. You can just Ian by rotating the craft. With practice you can do this effectively flying at full speed, e.g. As you pan you end up going from full speed forwards to full speed sideways, and you maintain orientation. Of course a 2nd operator will give more precise controls but I would think best results for one operator would be to have pan fixed.
2014-12-1
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent.

Zhao, if switches are programmable, then why not permit the camera setting wheel to alternate between setting and pan. Once camera setting are set, they  are rarely changed and users can then tilt with left wheel and pan with right. I'm not a developer,but seems to make sense.

I also think we'll be able to get a smoother pan by rotating camera instead of craft.

Being able to pan the camera from the controller wheel is a very helpful feature and permits those of us with one controller to utilize the rotating camera gimbal. Otherwise, this 360' pan technology is wasted when forced to yaw the entire Inspire. What a waste for so many users.

I also agree with patoupoussiere. Being able to tilt and pan while travelling on a groundstation course makes alot of sense.

2014-12-1
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

The camera setting wheel is a encoder, and it is digital signal just like the one of many DSLRs, It is difficult to do a smoother pan movement.
2014-12-1
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zhao,

Once gain, I give you and DJI much credit for your responsiveness to our ideas, questions and concerns. It's great that we can ask a question and get a response.
2014-12-1
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

Thank you.

Have a nice day!
2014-12-1
Use props
kalman
lvl.1

China

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-1 20:53
The camera setting wheel is a encoder, and it is digital signal just like the one of many DSLRs, It  ...

So the tilt wheel is a potentiometer and  can return to center position automatically like the control stick on the remote controler? Then the gimbal is working in speed mode I guess.
2014-12-4
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

Yes,exactly.
2014-12-4
Use props
kalman
lvl.1

China

Got it, thanks!
2014-12-4
Use props
patoupoussiere
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hello Dji-ZT,

Did you read my last message? I'd like to have an answer about the proposal and to know what you think about:

when i use the groundstation with some waypoints it would be great to have the possibility to control the Pan/Tilt of the camera with my single remote..... Please tell me if i'm completly wrong. The solution with the button on the backside (toggle between Pan and Tilt) is in my eyes just half of a solution (you never can do both of theme together ).

Thanks for your thoughts

Patrick
2014-12-5
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

patoupoussiere@ Posted at 2014-12-5 21:31
Hello Dji-ZT,

Did you read my last message? I'd like to have an answer about the proposal and to kn ...

I am sorry to tell you that we don't intend to add waypoint function to inspire 1.

2014-12-6
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-6 23:28
I am sorry to tell you that we don't intend to add waypoint function to inspire 1.

I hope you mean that waypoint flying will not be part of the initial launch software.  On RCGroups, it has been communicated that waypoints will be provided following launch date.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... &postcount=2699

This needs to be cleared up as it is one of the features that convinced me to place an order.
2014-12-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Clarification has been requested.  
2014-12-6
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-7 03:10
Clarification has been requested.

Thanks Ed.  Your support on these forums has been fantastic.
2014-12-6
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-6 23:28

Page 48 of the draft manual shows a graphic of the DJI Inspire 1 App GUI which shows "Ground Station" as an option selectable from the main screen.  I would assume DJI is working to bring this functionality to us in the very near future.
2014-12-6
Use props
patoupoussiere
lvl.4
Switzerland

I really hope the groundstation will be included.....like for Bmancan it's also the reason that convinced me to order the Inspire 1. Really sad to hear that...!!!
It started with the information that the Pan function doesn't work for the single user.....ok i can live with that even when i think it's the customer who decides to use this function or not....please Dji give us the choice and don't think to much if we are able to use it with our ten fingers
Once more i really like what Dji done till now....but having less options than a phantom vision plus is a little bit disappointing (for this price).

The publicity should be much more clear in this points and survey the informations from the beginning

I hope to get some good news Dji-ZT

Anyway thanks for your product, i am waiting for it
2014-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules