869 10 2021-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jedi1982
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607493 ft
United States

Hey all,

RTH always kicks in when nearing low battery and loss of signal. Seems to work fine then. However, if I manually hold down the brake/RTH button to enable RTH, the drone never returns to home and just hovers. It gives me the notification that RTH is working or in progress, but doesn't move.

Is this normal?
2021-4-18
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

When you press the hold/brake button  , it cancels rth, then you have to fly it youself back. If you do not touch or press anything then Rth remains and drone
Flies back by itself.
2021-4-18
Use props
jedi1982
lvl.1
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 4-18 10:52
When you press the hold/brake button  , it cancels rth.
Thanks and sorry I wasn't clear in the question. Correct, when RTH is automatically enabled due to low battery, I can cancel it by holding the break button down. However, my question pertains to if I manually want to enable RTH, when I enable it, the drone just hovers in the air and doesn't move.

I'm sure it's user error, but not sure what or how!
2021-4-18
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

jedi1982 Posted at 4-18 10:56
Thanks and sorry I wasn't clear in the question. Correct, when RTH is automatically enabled due to low battery, I can cancel it by holding the break button down. However, my question pertains to if I manually want to enable RTH, when I enable it, the drone just hovers in the air and doesn't move.

I'm sure it's user error, but not sure what or how!

The drone will rise up to 100 meters (default) and then start landing
2021-4-18
Use props
jedi1982
lvl.1
United States

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-18 11:02
The drone will rise up to 100 meters (default) and then start landing

Thanks, yes and I have altered that down to 70m and after waiting a minute for it to start the process, I just cancelled and went on. I'm sure it's something I'm doing incorrectly. Will continue to just fly and not worry about it
2021-4-18
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

How close to home are you when you enable return to home? I know that other DJI drones just land if you are too close, but maybe the FPV drone behaves differently when close to home. Also, pressing return to home button usually isn’t enough. You need to hold it, at least that’s how it works on my Mavic.
2021-4-18
Use props
jedi1982
lvl.1
United States

Tom_A Posted at 4-18 11:11
How close to home are you when you enable return to home? I know that other DJI drones just land if you are too close, but maybe the FPV drone behaves differently when close to home.

oh that's a good question. I haven't been too far away from home (likely within 25m) when I've tried to manually start the process
2021-4-18
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

jedi1982 Posted at 4-18 11:12
oh that's a good question. I haven't been too far away from home (likely within 25m) when I've tried to manually start the process

See above for another issue I added about holding button.
2021-4-18
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Make sure to take a look at page 19 of the manual (warning pdf link). There's a couple different behaviors described depending on how far away the drone is when RTH is triggered. It also looks like it won't land if there's not a suitable landing spot.
Nothing I read makes it clear to me why your drone behaves as it does, but maybe reading the manual will help you make sense of it.
2021-4-18
Use props
jedi1982
lvl.1
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-18 11:50
Make sure to take a look at page 19 of the manual (warning pdf link). There's a couple different behaviors described depending on how far away the drone is when RTH is triggered. It also looks like it won't land if there's not a suitable landing spot.
Nothing I read makes it clear to me why your drone behaves as it does, but maybe reading the manual will help you make sense of it.

Appreciate the response!
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jedi1982. Good day and thank you for reaching out. In addition to this the Return to Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the last recorded Home Point and lands when the GPS is signal is strong. There are three types of RTH: Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH, and Failsafe RTH. If the aircraft successfully recorded the Home Point and the GPS signal is strong, the RTH will be triggered when either Smart RTH is initiated, the aircraft battery level is low, or the signal between the remote controller and the aircraft is lost. RTH will also be triggered in other abnormal scenarios such as if there is a loss of video transmission. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the DJI FPV User Manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf ) as well. Thank you.

2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules