4K DRONE FOOTAGE LOOKS TERRIBLE ON PC?
4533 5 2021-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ConnorF
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone, so I've been flying my DJI Mini 2 for fun a lot recently and I usually run the camera at 4k 24fps and the footage looks really good when I look at it on my phone but when I then get the footage on my pc the footage looks like a much lower resolution? I'm very confused and it is hard to edit my footage when I'm so distracted by the image quality, if anyone has any advice that would be great!

here is a clip of footage I took unedited
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXfbFg35OMs
2021-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks ok to me.  What part of the quality are you referring to?
2021-4-19
Use props
ConnorF
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 01:55
Looks ok to me.  What part of the quality are you referring to?

The image quality just does not seem to be as smooth as footage I've seen others take from the mini 2, it is especially noticeable to me when looking around the edges of the red lighthouse it seems almost like you can see individual pixels? The only thing I can think of is maybe my monitor is just not good enough to display high resolution footage well?
2021-4-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

You should tell us what the monitor resolution is set at, then we can help more.
From what I saw of the footage, the central concrete strip and lighthouse looked sharp enough on a quality 4K screen and 4K setting on YouTube. The central concrete strip did scud by in a series or jerks however and that I put down to flying close to the strip at 24fps. A faster frame rate is needed to do that shot.
If you focussed correctly on the strip, that is why the distant shore detail is so indistinct, because it is a long way away.
Above all, what we are all seeing is a YouTube compressed video with fine detail lost. Many people will look at the vid with the playback resolution set differently to their monitor. You cannot see 4K on a 1080P monitor you will just see a downscaled interpolated image.
Then we need to consider screen size. Even a 480 res vid will look good on a phone, because of the reduced size of the image.
If you view a 4K video on a large (65 inch)  4K TV or monitor at the correct viewing distance, you may be hard pressed to see much difference between that and the same picture on a smaller 1080P monitor. That is until you stand closer to see the detail.
I didn't see any fault with the area around the red lighthouse in the YouTube vid.
2021-11-27
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3064934 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are your settings on playback? and what is your monitor resolution
2021-11-28
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

Monitor resolution should be the reason. Nowadays all phones are 1080p+ but (if you're using) laptops and monitors (even some higher-end ones) have TN screens or low resolutions like 1280x720 or 1366x768.
If your monitor is a TN screen, colors will look bad.

2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules