Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
what should I do in this case in your opinion?
744 13 2021-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dji_hook969
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11496 ft
Italy

Hi all,
i don't know if this question has already been asked ... if yes i'm sorry ... i haven't seen it.

this morning I recharged all three batteries of my Dji Mini2 fly more combo.
This afternoon I flew the Mini2 and only used two batteries ...
Now how should I "discharge" the battery that remains charged to me to keep it well until the next time I use the Mini2?

I don't think flying around the house from room to room is a good idea ...

Andrea.
2021-4-18
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

Why would you discharge?
2021-4-18
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Flying around the house to discharge is certainly an option (with prop guards installed), you can also charge your phone or other devices using the USB out and pull battery out when hub shows 2 solid leds or 2 solid and 3rd blinking.
2021-4-18
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Robert20 Posted at 4-18 13:14
Why would you discharge?

Not good to leave Lipo batteries fully charged to long before using them. There is a lot of information on the reasons why here on the forum.
2021-4-18
Use props
Dji_hook969
lvl.1
Italy

RedSky119 Posted at 4-18 13:52
Flying around the house to discharge is certainly an option (with prop guards installed), you can also charge your phone or other devices using the USB out and pull battery out when hub shows 2 solid leds or 2 solid and 3rd blinking.

well ... if I have to be honest I hadn't thought about it ...
use the hub battery charger to recharge the mobile phone with the aim of discharging the Mini2 Lipo ...

Thanks for the advice, RedSky119
2021-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Charge your phone with it, or anything else that needs charging
2021-4-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedSky119 Posted at 4-18 13:58
Not good to leave Lipo batteries fully charged to long before using them. There is a lot of information on the reasons why here on the forum.

You don't seem to understand that your batteries have a self-discharging feature to do it for you.
2021-4-18
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Labroides Posted at 4-18 15:10
You don't seem to understand that your batteries have a self-discharging feature to do it for you.

I do understand that, but I think many members are having trouble with the batteries not self discharging while inserted in the hub. I do have a hub now, but haven't personally tried letting the batteries self discharge in the hub or out , so I didn't want to give the OP advice on something that I haven't tried myself. I manually manage my Mini2 and MA2 batteries, so I don't worry about self discharge, but it's nice to know that feature if you need it.            
2021-4-18
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Mini 2 battery does NOT auto-discharge in any situation. Use the instruction in the Mini 1 manual that tells you to just leave the drone powered until the battery is discharged enough. Might be tricky, but for me it works best. A full discharge while the drone is idle would take about 3 hours, so adjust the time accordingly.
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Andrea. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. In addition to this post to maintain the DJI Mini 2 batteries in good condition, before storage, it is recommended to charge the battery to approximately 72%. It is also recommended to charge and discharge the battery once every three months to improve battery performance. The DJI Mini 2 Intelligent Flight Battery has Auto-Discharging Function, this is to prevent swelling and the battery automatically discharges to approx. 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. Thank you.

2021-4-18
Use props
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

Only leave the battery in the drone when you are going to fly it that day, and only leave the batteries in the hub until they are being charged, then take them out.
My Mini 2 batteries self discharge automatically if they are out of the drone/ hub.  
2021-4-18
Use props
Dji_hook969
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-18 21:18
Hello there Andrea. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. In addition to this post to maintain the DJI Mini 2 batteries in good condition, before storage, it is recommended to charge the battery to approximately 72%. It is also recommended to charge and discharge the battery once every three months to improve battery performance. The DJI Mini 2 Intelligent Flight Battery has Auto-Discharging Function, this is to prevent swelling and the battery automatically discharges to approx. 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi,
I read that instruction manual page,
but
I tried to charge the batteries to 100% with the hub and then I removed the batteries from the hub and left them on the table,
and after a week once inserted into the drone the charge is 96%
2021-4-19
Use props
Dji_hook969
lvl.1
Italy

delf67 Posted at 4-18 23:07
Only leave the battery in the drone when you are going to fly it that day, and only leave the batteries in the hub until they are being charged, then take them out.
My Mini 2 batteries self discharge automatically if they are out of the drone/ hub.

Thanks for the reply
I tried, but after a week that the batteries are on the table the remaining charge is still 96%
2021-4-19
Use props
Dji_hook969
lvl.1
Italy

GaryDoug Posted at 4-18 18:35
My Mini 2 battery does NOT auto-discharge in any situation. Use the instruction in the Mini 1 manual that tells you to just leave the drone powered until the battery is discharged enough. Might be tricky, but for me it works best. A full discharge while the drone is idle would take about 3 hours, so adjust the time accordingly.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply
I hope I understand your advice ...
so if I can choose I prefer to discharge the battery by recharging the mobile phone rather than leaving the drone powered but inactive.
2021-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules