858 7 2021-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quax der Bruchpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8266250 ft
Germany

Hello,

I have a suggestion to better find the drone again.

Since DJI does everything for the "DJI Fly" app for the FPV user is completely useless and no coordinates of the last position are to get out, and a completely superfluous video playback mode in the Googles2 here only brings a negligible small added value to find the drone.

My suggestion,
a search mode with flashing light of the white landing and auxiliary light and all LEDs to the rainbow circling light.

German:

Hallo,

ich habe einen Vorschlag zum besseren wieder finden der Drohne.

Da DJI ja alles dafür tut das die "DJI Fly"-App für den FPV User völlig unnütz ist und keine Koordinaten der letzten Position heraus zu bekommen sind, und eine völlig überflüssiger Video Abspiel-Modus im Googles2 hier nur einen vernachlässigbar kleinen Mehrwert zum auffinden der Drohne bringt.

Mein Vorschlag,
einen Such-Modus mit Flashing-Light des Weißen Lande- und Hilfslichtes and all LEDs zum Regenbogen-Farbend (Farbe ab­wech­selnd) leuchten lassen.
2021-4-18
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

"no coordinates of the last position are to get out"

You can download the log from from the goggles. This includes GPS data.
The On The Go (OTG) USB adapter needs to be connected to the goggles. The other end connects to the smartphone/tablet. The goggles need to be powered on.
To download the data, from the Fly app select Profile\More\  then select the clock icon in the top right corner. Press the icon on the far right of the log you wish to download. The GPS data may be viewed directly in the Fly app. Additional log information can be viewed by using the Airdata.com website or app.
2021-4-18
Use props
Quax der Bruchpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8266250 ft
Germany

"The GPS data may be viewed directly in the Fly app."  - Where? There are only a map, no coordinates. I need the position of the drone in relation to my actual position.

"Additional log information can be viewed by using the Airdata.com website or app" - That's what i mean, not in the Fly-App + Airdata needs internet, not all over the world you have once.
2021-4-18
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Quax der Bruchpilot Posted at 4-18 18:21
"The GPS data may be viewed directly in the Fly app."  - Where? There are only a map, no coordinates. I need the position of the drone in relation to my actual position.

"Additional log information can be viewed by using the Airdata.com website or app" - That's what i mean, not in the Fly-App + Airdata needs internet, not all over the world you have once.

You are right. I couldn't find the GPS data in the Fly app. I was pretty sure this info was available. It's not. I agree, this is important information which should be available. Sorry for my bad assuption.
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Quax der Bruchpilot. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-4-18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 4-18 21:20
You are right. I couldn't find the GPS data in the Fly app. I was pretty sure this info was available. It's not. I agree, this is important information which should be available. Sorry for my bad assuption.

Still a very good info - from you and the app: I can clearly see where the drone was, see a satellite image. I didn't know that, thought there was only the video in the goggles.
2021-4-19
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

The manual is terrible at explaining any of this, and what to do if the drone goes down, and methods to locate it.

Did you know you can make the drone ‘beep’ when close to it and looking!? Not described (it’s mentioned, but not described what it means) in the manual, but ESC Beeping can be programmed to a custom button and would be helpful if the drone still has power and you’re hunting for it. Lights flashing is a great idea too!
2021-4-19
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-18 21:29
Hello there Quax der Bruchpilot. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

A small map in hybrid satellite view with current location like the other DJI products have would be super helpful.  
1) In case of a crash or emergency landing you have a much better and highly accurate idea of where the drone actually went in case it goes missing.  
2) To be able to see where the flight restricted air space is as you are flying.  

I understand if this can only be available if a phone is connected and that is OK.  But if that is the case, add the ability to download and cache maps to the Goggles like you could in the DJI Go app.  But you need to be able to download the hybrid/satellite view.  

2021-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules