Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Henrik Olsen Posted at 6-3 10:37
The issue is real and all suggestions to fix it fails because the are mainly suggested by people that don’t have the issue.

This is from last evening following the advice downgrading to 1.4.0 from 1.4.2 and made a factory reset

Yeah your being taken here Conn Seannery is the same account as the banned Meanderthal .
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 6-3 10:37
The issue is real and all suggestions to fix it fails because the are mainly suggested by people that don’t have the issue.

This is from last evening following the advice downgrading to 1.4.0 from 1.4.2 and made a factory reset

Thanks for that. It is EXACTLY what I am experiencing. And I'm not flying anywhere near a car - it doesn't matter if I toggle between "smooth" or "HD". On the mavicpilots forums and FB they say it is underpowered.  My sense is to return it.  Thanks for that! I thought it could be the drone itself....
2021-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BrianKushner Posted at 6-3 10:39
Yeah I like this guy but I'm wondering why he has so many issues and my first thought was get AWAY from the car and especially don't sit in it.

How are you finding Sc with Air2S
2021-6-3
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Yeah I like this guy but I'm wondering why he has so many issues and my first thought was get AWAY from the car and especially don't sit in it.

I have made a few follow up’s where got outside the car, but the outcome is the same, see this one:

https://youtu.be/YfVUV9h1Q5g

2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

I'm having similar RC issues with it and I'm not near any car. Here's to hoping they have an update for the Smart RC sometime. It sucks because I thought it would have been more convenient.
2021-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Conn Seannery Posted at 6-3 10:45
Thanks for that. It is EXACTLY what I am experiencing. And I'm not flying anywhere near a car - it doesn't matter if I toggle between "smooth" or "HD". On the mavicpilots forums and FB they say it is underpowered.  My sense is to return it.  Thanks for that! I thought it could be the drone itself....

Try it with a drone “Doh you don’t own one”
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-3 10:49
Try it with a drone “Doh you don’t own one”

What are you talking about?
2021-6-3
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Conn Seannery Posted at 6-3 10:45
Thanks for that. It is EXACTLY what I am experiencing. And I'm not flying anywhere near a car - it doesn't matter if I toggle between "smooth" or "HD". On the mavicpilots forums and FB they say it is underpowered.  My sense is to return it.  Thanks for that! I thought it could be the drone itself....

It’s the integration between controller and drone that are not there yet, they might be able to fix it, but right now it’s really not worth the chance ending up with this if you buy a premium product. It’s your call I know what I would do if I could ;-)
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 6-3 10:50
It’s the integration between controller and drone that are not there yet, they might be able to fix it, but right now it’s really not worth the chance ending up with this if you buy a premium product. It’s your call I know what I would do if I could ;-)

I thought it could have been O3 versus Occusync 2 or something. But I didn't do any reset because mine was brand new out of the box. It isn't worth that kind of money for this kind of performance. No way.
2021-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Conn Seannery Posted at 6-3 10:50
What are you talking about?

Everyone here is PM about you literally pis/ing themselves laughing. We all know troll account Meanderthal, try not to steal other members photos ….
2021-6-3
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Celtic Warrior Posted at 6-3 10:40
your talking to Meanderthal there he’s a troll he’s actually pulling the pi$s out of you, you’ll find tomorrow it’s likely tomorrow he’ll have banned below the name which is a Dead giveaway “Conn”
He trolls these forums but doesn't own drone let alone SC

Troll or not it does not change that there are people having issue with smart controller and air 2S incl. my self (and I do own one :-)
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Ok........... Hitting the invisible "ignore" button on you.

Anyway - Henrik - have you had any contact with DJI about this? Anyone offering any solutions? Just want to know since I might have to pay a restocking fee - I'm out my 5 day window
2021-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Conn Seannery Posted at 6-3 10:58
Ok........... Hitting the invisible "ignore" button on you.

Anyway - Henrik - have you had any contact with DJI about this? Anyone offering any solutions? Just want to know since I might have to pay a restocking fee - I'm out my 5 day window

Don’t worry he’s in on it too….
2021-6-3
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 6-3 10:56
Troll or not it does not change that there are people having issue with smart controller and air 2S incl. my self (and I do own one :-)

Well I'm not a troll. And the issue is real. And that's why I found the forum.
2021-6-3
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Conn Seannery Posted at 6-3 10:58
Ok........... Hitting the invisible "ignore" button on you.

Yes I have been in touch with my local DJI dealer, that wants me to bring it in, but unfortunately I’m in self isolation until Sunday, so this will not happen until next week.

2021-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 6-3 11:08
“Celtic Warrior?” Meet “Hallmark007”

Are you off the phone…
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 6-3 11:39
Yes I have been in touch with my local DJI dealer, that wants me to bring it in, but unfortunately I’m in self isolation until Sunday, so this will not happen until next week.
After searching around online- it seems like this is a big issue for many. I’ve decided to return it. Thanks Henrik! *subscribed as well. Time to learn from other threads without the nuttiness of Hallmarks, Celtic Warriors, Neanderthals, or space aliens!
2021-6-3
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Conn Seannery Posted at 6-3 12:19
After searching around online- it seems like this is a big issue for many. I’ve decided to return it. Thanks Henrik! *subscribed as well. Time to learn from other threads without the nuttiness of Hallmarks, Celtic Warriors, Neanderthals, or space aliens!

You are spot on. There are people that have the same problem Henrik has described.
One person on this thread (Hallmark007) has basically ruined it for being worth any assistance to us that have problems.
If this forum had an ignore button I would be using it!
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

TP-FPV Posted at 6-3 12:27
You are spot on. There are people that have the same problem Henrik has described.
One person on this thread (Celtic...) has basically ruined it for being worth any assistance to us that have problems.
If this forum had an ignore button I would be using it!

Thanks for that TP-FPV. I'm going to try to avoid any threads this nasty gentleman is in. I really don't understand this. The first thing that happened is he attacked me for my "moniker" on this site - I've used the same on on disqus, etc for over 5 years. It makes sense given my name.

Anyhow, I did get something out of this - Henrik's videos really illustrate this problem.
I came here thinking it was my drone. But this seems to be happening now on the Air2S as well as the Mini2. It does seem like a hardware problem. The good news is that the regular controller works great. I'll happily use that until (if) a new Smart Controller is released.

Best to All!
-Connor
2021-6-3
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2668422 ft
Canada

Conn Seannery Posted at 6-3 12:58
Thanks for that TP-FPV. I'm going to try to avoid any threads this nasty gentleman is in. I really don't understand this. The first thing that happened is he attacked me for my "moniker" on this site - I've used the same on on disqus, etc for over 5 years. It makes sense given my name.

Anyhow, I did get something out of this - Henrik's videos really illustrate this problem.

how can it happen to mini2? I don't think SC is compatible with mini 2 yet.
2021-6-3
Use props
Conn Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Raymond_Ca Posted at 6-3 13:40
how can it happen to mini2? I don't think SC is compatible with mini 2 yet.

My apologies! I meant the Mavic Air 2. (senior moment??) Still learning all about this problem. But I did get a bit of good news. I obtained permission to return it without a restocking fee.
2021-6-3
Use props
DaanFPV
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have this same problem with my rc.
2021-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Daan the latest troll and another account of the former Meanderthal …..
2021-6-3
Use props
DaanFPV
lvl.1

Netherlands

mensen zoals jij hebben grote problemen
2021-6-3
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 6-2 09:33
Once again this has descended into name calling. And once again I'll say I have the SC, running with an Air 2S without issue. Henryk, who is a self proclaimed DJI expert, apparently doesn't know how to delete 1.4.2 from his SC, and doesn't know it will automatically be replaced by 1.4.0 which works fine. I am not in denial here. Some people are clearly having problems with their SC. Some people claimed, without any knowledge, that the SC wa on a 32 bit operating system, when in fact's it's a 64 bit device and the Fly app is 64 bit.

I think those who are having issues need to file a warranty claim with DJI or wait for updated software. 1.4.2 was a mess, and should never have been offered on the SC. It's hard to believe it was tested. DJI seems to be aware of this and I'd expect an update soon. On the other hand, my SC keeps suggesting I update to 1.4.2 which I know doesn't work, and DJI is rather stupidly asking people to update to software that will cause users major issues.

Could you link or share the process to remove 1.42 from my SC?

Thank you!
2021-6-6
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jdpg2 Posted at 6-6 08:59
Could you link or share the process to remove 1.42 from my SC?

Thank you!

Go to settings on your Smart Controller. Select apps. Select DJI FLY. At the upper right of the screen you'll see three dots. Click and you will have the option to remove the app. It will then regress to 1.4.0. I don't have any idea why the SC keeps alerting people to download 1.4.2 as it does not seem to work. I've written DJI support about this and hopefully it will quickly get sorted.
2021-6-6
Use props
AndreasAC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 881122 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can also report of this issue. And I have found another YTer reporting this. See  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT3SPpie-4c

My issues are same. It could be my video. I have updated SC via Assistant 2 (after reinstall SC completely). And I am flying countryside. Next houses and industries more than 1000 m away.

I expect DJI to look for this problem which don't effect every SC in combination with Air2S, but many.

2021-6-9
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

To any offended troll:
SC is a expensive garbage that after almost 6 months still is not capable to have defined Custom Mode for sticks.
Even if they are defined in Go4, in FLY will appear reversed, meaning that you put your stick down and the drone goes UP, also left and right are reversed....
This is pure negligence and stupidity of DJI DEV TEAM, they admitted on email that are aware of this, still no solving for a piece of garbage of 600 EURO price.

With last firmware there is no lag, but have experienced:
1. Multiple moments with signal dropped, in max 700m distance...Just going RED, than recovering.
2. 2 times DJI Fly freeze...just freeze and restarted...no idea why.
3. Multiple times in new FLY version you want to press for changing ISO and so on, but is just pointing as FOCUS area...stupid engineers to leave such small area for this, as I DO NOT HAVE big fingers, but slim ones...still, 3-4 times trying to click on screen for ISO - SS - WB in order to work.... stupid-stupid-stupid.

So, who the hell is saying here that SC is GOOD? I dare you....
2021-6-10
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose when you get banned more times than you can shake a stick at like “NGC” FOR HAVING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS, then its easy to workout WHOS the shill around here. And you haven't got a clue about 32 bit as opposed to 64 bit, you dont know that mini 2 doesn't use SC , THEN YOU ARE A RECOGNIZED TROLL AND A SHILL LIKE "NGC"
2021-6-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-6-12
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 6-11 15:32
I suppose when you get banned more times than you can shake a stick at like “NGC” FOR HAVING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS, then its easy to workout WHOS the shill around here. And you haven't got a clue about 32 bit as opposed to 64 bit, you dont know that mini 2 doesn't use SC , THEN YOU ARE A RECOGNIZED TROLL AND A SHILL LIKE "NGC"

Are you talking to me now?
Cause I have one account, multiple drones and a cheap SC not working properly..
So... Are you talking to me or was just a reply to someone else?
2021-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 6-12 20:24
Are you talking to me now?
Cause I have one account, multiple drones and a cheap SC not working properly..
So... Are you talking to me or was just a reply to someone else?

No I’m not, if you check out NGC you’ll notice all his comments on this forum are for the purpose of trolling me. He’s been banned many times using other accounts including many on this thread. He’s been hammering home here that SC is only 32 bit and it works with his mini 2, so not to difficult to realize he’s never actually owned one.
He’s been trolling me and many other members for many years on this forum, so just steer clear of him is my advice.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
2021-6-13
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 6-10 01:43
To any offended troll:
SC is a expensive garbage that after almost 6 months still is not capable to have defined Custom Mode for sticks.
Even if they are defined in Go4, in FLY will appear reversed, meaning that you put your stick down and the drone goes UP, also left and right are reversed....

Dare Accepted!!

SC is good!   

No disconnects and the lag is minimal ( I get it usually when calling up the map for the first time at a location) and seems better the last few updates.
Your issues with the app and how to change settings by tapping the icons in that r/h lower corner is not specific to the SC...That is the newest revision of the app...A bit clumsy, yes but I am getting used to it...Anything other than a tablet will give those same issues
2021-6-13
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jmb63 Posted at 6-13 03:55
Dare Accepted!!

SC is good!   

Obviously its working for you, I’m not having any problems with it either, it works exactly the same for me on an M2P as it does on Air2 and Air2S.
2021-6-13
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Dare Accepted!!

SC is good!   

Hi jmb63

I think it's cool that it works for you, I wish I could say the same.. I have a major lag on both 1.4.0 and 1.4.2

Do you mind posting the system and kernel version of your device, it would be interesting to see if they are the same.

These are mine:

I'm going to send mine into the local DJI shop and have them take a look
2021-6-13
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

I work with last versions of FW and Soft as it suppose to fix the issues, not create another ones....at least this is what a serious company should do...
As for DJI, is discredited by its own software and SC...
I have no ideea how to upload a LOG in order to see how the DJI FLY fkd up in middle of flight and APP CRASH...on DJI Smart Controller...This could be hillarious but for me is dangerous and sad.

Hallmark and NGC, I don't know you guys, let's keep it in technical area, trolling can be outside forum, inside I wish to solve this damn things.
Thanks.
2021-6-13
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Dare Accepted!!

SC is good!   

Well, Not specific but happens...I'am not happy that is happening...believe me, we work with them, not just fly around a tree
Probably will send the SC back to dealer to take the money back, as is full of bugs...
Also I have an issue with right hand, need all time to use the CUSTOM MODE, as in left i keep UP-DOWN and turns, in right is Fwd-Back and Left-Right...guess what...not working...worst...is reversing if you set it in DJI Go4...if you press up, drone is gowing down...it's like a bad cartoon...
2021-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules