12239 189 2021-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Air 2S Smart Controller Update & MAX Speed Test. The implementation with DJI Smart Controller and Air 2S is not good, the video feed is lagging big time making it unusable compared to using it with my Mavic 2 Pro flown under the same conditions :-(

2021-4-18
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe its not the smart controller firmware, maybe its the air 2s firmware which causes the problems. Have you tried different models?
2021-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tested outside the car,  the metal might be interfering.
2021-4-19
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 00:40
Have you tested outside the car,  the metal might be interfering.

Yes, shortly but I would do it again along with some other tips I need to test. But as written, I have no issue with my Mavic 2 Pro operating it from inside the car as well as having screen recording running
2021-4-19
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

FlyRacer Posted at 4-18 23:58
Maybe its not the smart controller firmware, maybe its the air 2s firmware which causes the problems. Have you tried different models?

you might be on to something here, as it works with Mavic 2 Pro
2021-4-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, thanks for sharing.  Seems if it works okay with M2P then the issue is with Air 2S firmware.  Just guessing.
2021-4-19
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

I'm seeing the same problem! Very Dangerous, was flying today in the US over rural farmland as well.
I actually had the Smart Controller LOCK UP COMPLETELY...!!! Not acceptable, luckily the drone was very close when it happened and was able to get it landed. Re-booted Smart Controller and it did not lock up again with the next 2 batteries.
The lag has been around since I switched to the SC and is not apparent with the included controller.
DJI will have to come up with a fix ASAP.
2021-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 04:23
Interesting, thanks for sharing.  Seems if it works okay with M2P then the issue is with Air 2S firmware.  Just guessing.

Its almost certain to be new FW, but op updated FW In his car through the app and update specifically says only update through dji assistant, this could be cause of FW not updating correctly.
2021-4-19
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow thanks ill be getting my air 2s in the morning .. this is very scary and dangerous!!! Thanks for keeping us advised of the faulty SC use!
2021-4-19
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 04:23

I will test this later, and I have done the following:

1. Refreshed the SC through the DJI Assistant 2
2. Made a factory reset of the controller
3. Completed the Air 2S firmware update (for some reason it failed even saying 100% at some point, can't rule out I moved too fast here)

When I get on site I will
1. Step out and away from the car
2. Test with or with Screen recording
3. Check with Mavic 2 Pro as a reference

And hopefully document my findings in another video :-)
2021-4-19
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Watching this post as that is terrible. Will not be able to use the SC like this.
2021-4-19
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

TP-FPV Posted at 4-19 04:25
I'm seeing the same problem! Very Dangerous, was flying today in the US over rural farmland as well.
I actually had the Smart Controller LOCK UP COMPLETELY...!!! Not acceptable, luckily the drone was very close when it happened and was able to get it landed. Re-booted Smart Controller and it did not lock up again with the next 2 batteries.
The lag has been around since I switched to the SC and is not apparent with the included controller.

Totally agree this is not acceptable, let’s see what my testing later today will reveal
2021-4-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 4-19 06:16
I will test this later, and I have done the following:

1. Refreshed the SC through the DJI Assistant 2

Looking forward to your follow up test video.  
2021-4-20
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-20 02:28
Looking forward to your follow up test video.

I have recorded the video :-) Hope to upload it later this week (spoiler it's still crap)
2021-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That did not look to good!
2021-4-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 4-20 04:37
I have recorded the video :-) Hope to upload it later this week (spoiler it's still crap)

Oh no, that's not good.  
2021-4-21
Use props
the_p1gg0d
lvl.2

Italy

Same problem here, video feed lagging on SC, perfect on the normal controller.
Very disappointed... hope to be fixed soon together with the 2x crop at 50/60 fps... WTF dji?
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi, I am sorry for the issue. Would you mind helping to export the Fly app log from the Smart Controller (route: DJI/dji.pilot.pad/LOG/), and the flight data from the drone via DJI Assistant 2? You can upload the lof to Dropbox/Google Drive. We would love to investigate further about this issue. Thank you for your assistance.
2021-4-22
Use props
the_p1gg0d
lvl.2

Italy

On my side today no lag at all... I don't know, voodoo stuff is going on
2021-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

the_p1gg0d Posted at 4-22 03:29
On my side today no lag at all... I don't know, voodoo stuff is going on

No Voodoo mine this morning behaved just fine.
2021-4-22
Use props
fansd680de92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 881122 ft
  • >>>
Germany

the_p1gg0d Posted at 4-21 14:56
Same problem here, video feed lagging on SC, perfect on the normal controller.
Very disappointed... hope to be fixed soon together with the 2x crop at 50/60 fps... WTF dji?

I can report the same issue - video lagging on SC. On the Standard RC no problem at all, also with my M 2 Zoom.

Yesterday I tested Air 2S and SC at home. Maybe I recognized, that the first binding Air2S to SC shows the lagging in the display, but after I switched off Air 2S and switched on again with binding it was okay.

I will test this outside this weekend. Whatever, there is something wrong, probably the software is causing the issue.
2021-4-24
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
United States

With further test of my smart controller today I ran into another issue that is not good!
I was flying in "S" Sport Mode and when I switch backed to "P" Normal Mode the controller locked up the left & right movement of my drone.
When I moved the switch to "C" or "S" I could move left or right but anytime I moved the switch to "P" no left or right movement.
I verified this behavior for 15 minutes within 100' from my home spot and observed the same visually.

I'm still carefully testing the SC controller with the A2S and as noted by Henrik it is definitely a fail without a software or firmware update.
I haven't lost my drone yet but would definitely not be using it as a beginner pilot.

2021-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TP-FPV Posted at 4-25 13:56
With further test of my smart controller today I ran into another issue that is not good!
I was flying in "S" Sport Mode and when I switch backed to "P" Normal Mode the controller locked up the left & right movement of my drone.
When I moved the switch to "C" or "S" I could move left or right but anytime I moved the switch to "P" no left or right movement.

Post flight log this will show stick movements, this sounds like a problem with your smart controller, not your drone.

Phantom help...
2021-4-25
Use props
MIDIhead
lvl.1
United States

Could it be the Smart Controller needs to be updated to support OcuSync 3.0 natively? Currently I see only support for version 2.0 while the Air 2S is version 3. I'm a little surprised that dji didn't announce a new version of the Smart Controller at the same time as the release of OcuSync 3.0. Would have made a huge splash. Hmm.
2021-4-25
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 15:15
Post flight log this will show stick movements, this sounds like a problem with your smart controller, not your drone.

Phantom help...

Ahhh yes...as the title of the topic of this thread is referring to, it would be a smart controller fail not the drone.
2021-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TP-FPV Posted at 4-25 17:28
Ahhh yes...as the title of the topic of this thread is referring to, it would be a smart controller fail not the drone.

I think if you bothered your arse to watch the video you’d realize the topic was RC failure caused by FW for air2s so in other words its working with other drones but not air2s. Just post your log and we we should see what wrong if its drone or SC.
2021-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MIDIhead Posted at 4-25 16:41
Could it be the Smart Controller needs to be updated to support OcuSync 3.0 natively? Currently I see only support for version 2.0 while the Air 2S is version 3. I'm a little surprised that dji didn't announce a new version of the Smart Controller at the same time as the release of OcuSync 3.0. Would have made a huge splash. Hmm.

Think a new version may come soon, but standard controller with air2s is O2 also.
2021-4-26
Use props
Mugsie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Hello Henrik,

As I stated on your youtube video comment. I am also receiving the same exact issues as you are seeing. I even have 2 smart controllers with the exact same response. It has everything to do with a crappy firmware. I don't even want the smart controllers any longer. I think they are no longer fixable since the last firmware update. This is totally unacceptable. I got lost money in smart controllers that I will never get back. They are useless to use now, cannot take a chance that I will crash a drone because they are not liable to use any longer.

2021-4-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Mugsie Posted at 4-26 08:59
Hello Henrik,

As I stated on your youtube video comment. I am also receiving the same exact issues as you are seeing. I even have 2 smart controllers with the exact same response. It has everything to do with a crappy firmware. I don't even want the smart controllers any longer. I think they are no longer fixable since the last firmware update. This is totally unacceptable. I got lost money in smart controllers that I will never get back. They are useless to use now, cannot take a chance that I will crash a drone because they are not liable to use any longer.

yes, I saw that.. I hope they can fix it to an extent where it's useable
2021-4-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Air 2S is dangerous with DJI Smart Controller and I do not recommend flying with it before DJI gets it fixed as the signal breaks up all the time. This is an update, where I have taken all your feedback into account :-)

2021-4-28
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hadn't noticed the lag on my A2s and the SC but I'll look for it on my next flight.  I do want to thank you for teaching me something.. the "return button/record button " to start screen recording. I've been swipping down and then tapping record.

Thanks again!
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_Rl5QVRDpuZPU
New

Germany

Did DJI do anything about the SC problem yet?
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_Rl5QVRDpuZPU
New

Germany

What should i do when getting such a freeze on the SC? Any suggestions? Best practise?
2021-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Rl5QVRDpuZPU Posted at 5-19 10:31
What should i do when getting such a freeze on the SC? Any suggestions? Best practise?

For starters “ignore this guy” he fails to test correctly and most of his posts are about clickbait . His headers are completely misleading and in no way designed to help anyone.

Use Link below to a you tuber who tests correctly gives sound advice and is here to help not to dramatize.
I have followed his advice and my SC works perfectly with Air2s.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242567
2021-5-19
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 12:31
For starters “ignore this guy” he fails to test correctly and most of his posts are about clickbait . His headers are completely misleading and in no way designed to help anyone.

Use Link below to a you tuber who tests correctly gives sound advice and is here to help not to dramatize.

I agree... my SC works great with the Air 2S. No issues with lag, breakup, or range. Perhaps some people are having issues, and they might be cleared up with new software, but this thing has been blown out of all proportion by people trying to promote their websites.
2021-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-19 13:09
I agree... my SC works great with the Air 2S. No issues with lag, breakup, or range. Perhaps some people are having issues, and they might be cleared up with new software, but this thing has been blown out of all proportion by people trying to promote their websites.

That’s exactly it, and it works really well for me also.
2021-5-19
Use props
fansd60f61ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2668422 ft
Canada

my problem is when I used smart controller with my 2s, video mode is fine. but when I switched to photo mode,  the photo was just frozen even the drone camera changed to different direction.   I did everything I could including reset to factory default and refresh the firmware, but the issue is still there.
2021-5-25
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansd60f61ed Posted at 5-25 17:04
my problem is when I used smart controller with my 2s, video mode is fine. but when I switched to photo mode,  the photo was just frozen even the drone camera changed to different direction.   I did everything I could including reset to factory default and refresh the firmware, but the issue is still there.

I have had exactly the same problem. I've sent logs and video capture to DJI, and hopefully it will get sorted out soon. I reverted back to Fly 1.4.0 and all is working again.
2021-5-25
Use props
fansd60f61ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2668422 ft
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-25 18:48
I have had exactly the same problem. I've sent logs and video capture to DJI, and hopefully it will get sorted out soon. I reverted back to Fly 1.4.0 and all is working again.

Just downgraded to 1.4.0 and it worked! really appreciate. but with 1.4.0, we just lose the funcationality of colorful video option when in d-log. Pls let me know if Dji get some solution for you. Thanks again!
2021-5-26
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansd60f61ed Posted at 5-26 03:40
Just downgraded to 1.4.0 and it worked! really appreciate. but with 1.4.0, we just lose the funcationality of colorful video option when in d-log. Pls let me know if Dji get some solution for you. Thanks again!

Glad you are up and running... if I get a solution from DJI will post it here.
2021-5-26
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules