SMART CONTROLLER with A2S = Disaster...DJI, what is your move here?
4683 54 2021-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chuck Campfield Posted at 4-21 08:32
Thank you for the info, it’s very helpful.

You're very welcome
2021-4-21
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The Saint Posted at 4-19 19:48
well, we have been demanding that the sc is forced to be compatible with new drones at all costs.  even when the performance is sub-par, we demand dji to put it out they.  guess the caved on teh 2s and it's prob so bad on the mini2 they couldn't sleep at night if they gave you the sw.  we won't get into goggles.  /s

Mini2 compatibility is a dream that doesn't seem to be coming true... The smart controller would be awesome if it was made by Apple
2021-5-4
Use props
djiuser_DEGq4e41D8iC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3683369 ft
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-19 12:39
Also DJI, please tell me: WHAT IS WITH THAT HORRIBLE LAG ON SMART CONTROLLER ???????????

Has anyone heard of an update with either the smart controller or air2s. With out a doubt the mavic air 2 also records at high video resolution with out being so soft. I wish I kept the mavic air 2 and the money. but I'm confident that dji will hopefully fix these issues because the air2s with side sensors one day could be an amazing tool.
2021-6-13
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-21 03:42
Hello there, thank you for reaching out with us. We are sorry for bringing you any unpleasure experience on the DJI Air 2S and the Smart Controller. Could you please share any video sample or the screenshot recording on the DJI Fly app? We will help to check further with our engineers and give it back to you as soon as possible. And if you have any log files regarding with the issue you mentioned, please upload then on the google drive, it will be helpful as well.

Thanks.

The screen is not responding properly, Chinese Wanda.
If you try to press any controls from screen in flight, most times will just treat it as Focus AREA... If you want to pree ISO, AWB, and so on, you will have to try at least 3-4 times.. Why???
Also I have experienced yersterday a full black screen on Fly app, app crash message and restart of app, when drone was on flight...
Why? How is possible to make an incompatible software with a device made by you? The developers from your department are so stupid?
Also need to mention the Custom Mode sticks that does not work?
2021-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 6-13 06:45
The screen is not responding properly, Chinese Wanda.
If you try to press any controls from screen in flight, most times will just treat it as Focus AREA... If you want to pree ISO, AWB, and so on, you will have to try at least 3-4 times.. Why???
Also I have experienced yersterday a full black screen on Fly app, app crash message and restart of app, when drone was on flight...

Do you have a screen protector on you SC ?
2021-6-13
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 07:20
Do you have a screen protector on you SC ?

No screen protector. Only the screen... Probably is the same at all SC.
Yours works?
2021-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 6-13 08:14
No screen protector. Only the screen... Probably is the same at all SC.
Yours works?

Well I did have a screen protector on and had a problem , just took it off and rebooted, I now have another on with no problems. Might be worth refreshing FW to see if that helps .
2021-6-13
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 08:18
Well I did have a screen protector on and had a problem , just took it off and rebooted, I now have another on with no problems. Might be worth refreshing FW to see if that helps .

Already did it. Still not working properly as I see that the area defined for clicks is too small...
2021-6-13
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-6-14
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has updated the Smart Controller firmware today. I've updated and it has solved some problems I had with Fly 1.4.2. Would suggest you update and see if it solved any of your issues.The main issue I had was a black screen when switching from video to stills. That is now fixed. I haven't flown the Air 2S yet, but will test in the next couple of days. I think for those reporting issues, especially with the 1.4.2 update, I think this firmware update may take care of these issues.
2021-6-16
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 6-16 07:25
DJI has updated the Smart Controller firmware today. I've updated and it has solved some problems I had with Fly 1.4.2. Would suggest you update and see if it solved any of your issues.The main issue I had was a black screen when switching from video to stills. That is now fixed. I haven't flown the Air 2S yet, but will test in the next couple of days. I think for those reporting issues, especially with the 1.4.2 update, I think this firmware update may take care of these issues.

I have now flown without issues. no black screen, did not see any lag as I yawed from side to side.
2021-6-16
Use props
xtex404
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375341 ft
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 6-16 07:25
Confirmed. Applied the new firmware to the SC today and all of the issues I was having seem to be fixed. Still doesn’t make up for the SC losing its mind, locking up/rebooting and sending my 2S into a tree (RIP camera and gimbal) at full sport speed less than twenty seconds after pairing them for the first time. Doh.

Probably not going to ever trust this controller after that, and will just stay within 500ft when I use it, and swap to the stock for distance and altitude  (I have yet to find an iOS phone or tablet with the screen contrast of the SC).

Gonna do a complete factory wipe and reinstall shortly on the SC, just to make sure there’s not any residual glitchiness from me trying to troubleshoot Android, before I go out in the real world.

Adding - did they only update the SC? No new DJI Fly app on the app stores and no new firmware for the 2S.
2021-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

xtex404 Posted at 6-16 13:14
Confirmed. Applied the new firmware to the SC today and all of the issues I was having seem to be fixed. Still doesn’t make up for the SC losing its mind, locking up/rebooting and sending my 2S into a tree (RIP camera and gimbal) at full sport speed less than twenty seconds after pairing them for the first time. Doh.

Probably not going to ever trust this controller after that, and will just stay within 500ft when I use it, and swap to the stock for distance and altitude  (I have yet to find an iOS phone or tablet with the screen contrast of the SC).

Was out this evening certainly SC has been optimized, sorry you had such a bad experience.
2021-6-16
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

xtex404 Posted at 6-16 13:14

I think DJI owes you a drone. In my flight the performance of the SC was quite responsive.. no glitches that I could see. Those who thought the current SC had run out of steam were simply wrong. I'm sure another SC will come out at some point, but now that this one can run Fly 1.4.2 all is well. No complaints. Hopefully the next update will be a lot smoother.
2021-6-16
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 6-16 13:52
I think DJI owes you a drone. In my flight the performance of the SC was quite responsive.. no glitches that I could see. Those who thought the current SC had run out of steam were simply wrong. I'm sure another SC will come out at some point, but now that this one can run Fly 1.4.2 all is well. No complaints. Hopefully the next update will be a lot smoother.

That’s good to hear!  I’ll be updating everything as soon as I can find the time. I hope I have the same experience you’ve had with the Smart Controller.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules