Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air 2 Firmware Released (04/15/2021)
10264 32 4-20 00:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
DJI team
Flight distance : 2408 ft

South Africa

Overview:
Date:        2021.04.15
Aircraft Firmware:        v01.01.0610
Remote Controller:        v04.11.0016
DJI Fly App iOS:        v1.4.0
DJI Fly App Android:        v1.4.0

What’s New?
Added support to switch between DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, and DJI Mini 2 when using RC-N1 remote controller.

Notes:
If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

4-20 00:47
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
4-20 02:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Thanks.    
4-20 03:24
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625604 ft
Belgium

To be loud and clear. And if I'm right.
This is FW for the RC.
To be uploaded and installed with the MA2 connected ....
4-20 05:23
Use props
MySky
First Officer
Flight distance : 162602 ft
Germany

EmpieDrone Posted at 4-20 05:23
This is FW for the RC.

You are right !
Update is only for RC and FC will stay as is.
4-20 06:20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Captain
Flight distance : 792904 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just for the remote I assume ?
4-20 06:48
Use props
JohnLietzke
First Officer
Flight distance : 3110646 ft
United States

Yes.  I got the prompt the other day and updated.  It is only an RC update.
4-20 07:09
Use props
kiminx
First Officer
Indonesia

RC update only. No more no less
4-20 18:16
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there DowntownRDB. Good day and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware update. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
4-20 18:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-20 18:54
Hello there DowntownRDB. Good day and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware update. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

You're welcome Stephen.    Have a wonderful week.
4-21 02:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
United States

EmpieDrone Posted at 4-20 05:23
This is FW for the RC.

Firmware for Remote Control only.  Can be installed through DJI Assistant 2 also.
4-21 02:59
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-21 02:56
You're welcome Stephen.    Have a wonderful week.

Hi there DowntownRDB. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your valued support and have a wonderful week as well. .
4-21 23:02
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56568 ft
United States

By the way the latest FlyApp update (1.4) broke the Auto-Exposure when in video mode.  Still works fine in photo mode, but video mode AE is not working. Is there a plan in the immediately near future to fix that bug?  
4-26 04:41
Use props
KA00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 625541 ft
Republic of Lithuania

I've noticed that we cannot save our hyperlapse waypoints in 1.4 anymore, done only one so far, but there was no manual save option, just recent routes...
4-26 05:20
Use props
Steve07204
lvl.1

United States

I'm having issues install this firmware, just bought the Air 2 today and I'm trying to update thru the assistant but it gets stuck at 84% and the drone reboots several times before saying update failed. Can anyone help please?

4-29 16:30
Use props
DronePinhead
lvl.2

Italy

Can’t see the update in dji assistant 2 on mac
5-13 04:28
Use props
djiuser_CEazSzA7pCjg
lvl.1

United States

KA00 Posted at 4-26 05:20
I've noticed that we cannot save our hyperlapse waypoints in 1.4 anymore, done only one so far, but there was no manual save option, just recent routes...

Noticed the same thing! It’s driving me nuts - we need a fix ASAP
5-16 18:46
Use props
djiuser_gA0b7mHMMI3B
lvl.1
United States

Where is bypass obstacle avoidance in tripod mode? It disappeared.
5-17 05:01
Use props
JACA Flights
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi, is the zoom function lost ? Or can I find it somewhere else now ?
5-20 04:43
Use props
JACA Flights
lvl.1

Denmark

JACA Flights Posted at 5-20 04:43
Hi, is the zoom function lost ? Or can I find it somewhere else now ?

Found it, it's moved to the bottom
5-20 05:03
Use props
djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV
New

United States

Help please. I bought the mini 2 yesterday and wasn't able to connect the controller to the drone. In my frustration I returned and upgraded to the Air 2. Only to get it home and have the same issue. The DJI FLY app doesn't show me the option to "Connect Drone." In its place is a button the says "connection guide."
6-12 13:04
Use props
maj2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2516 ft
United States

I'm having issues trying to update MA2 firmware. Help please?
6-20 04:39
Use props
The_Apostolos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113064 ft
Greece

Good evening to all.
After the upgrade, I encountered several problems.

The day before yesterday, Air 2 disconnected me 3 times, and returned on its own. Fortunately, no problem.

But, this morning, unfortunately I was carrying out the preflight test, and everything was alright, at an altitude of 120 meters, it suddenly appeared a warning that there is a problem with an engine. Immediately and while I was trying to land it, it stalled and crash to the ground. As a result of which, the base of the gimbal broke. I checked it at home and all the motors are working normally. Of course dji care will take over now but because I think something happened with the upgrade, keep in mind to not happen to you. Note that my Air 2 has never crashed and was in excellent condition.
8-8 05:15
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 222215 ft
  • >>>
United States

The_Apostolos Posted at 8-8 05:15
Good evening to all.
After the upgrade, I encountered several problems.

I have become very wary of doing upgrades on a drone, RC , SC etc when what I have already is working. Sounds like DJI should fix your drone at no cost due to their faulty upgrade.
8-13 11:08
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV Posted at 6-12 13:04
Help please. I bought the mini 2 yesterday and wasn't able to connect the controller to the drone. In my frustration I returned and upgraded to the Air 2. Only to get it home and have the same issue. The DJI FLY app doesn't show me the option to "Connect Drone." In its place is a button the says "connection guide."

That is the new normal.  If you click the connection guide, it takes you to screen where you can pick the model of drone you have.  If you have synced the drone and the RC on a previous occasion, just powered on the drone and once it passes its BIT, it will jump to the standard flight screen.  If the drone is not powered on, selecting the model type from the menu will walk you through the steps as required.  

If you just want to get in the app to view settings, and see if anything has changed, and do not want to power the drone on, just hit the words "camera view' in the upper R/H side of the screen, it will get you in the app to the flight screen where you can see settings, and version numbers.  all you need to do is tap on the three dots in the upper R/H corner.   Hope that helps?  
8-20 11:29
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
United States

Steve07204 Posted at 4-29 16:30
I'm having issues install this firmware, just bought the Air 2 today and I'm trying to update thru the assistant but it gets stuck at 84% and the drone reboots several times before saying update failed. Can anyone help please?

You didn't really state in your problem if you were trying the wireless Firmware update, or if you were using the USB cable and the DJI Assistant program on a PC?  

If it is the DJI assistant via usb connection, I would make sure you are using the right DJI assistant for your series of drone, and possibly try uninstalling it, performing a re-boot of the PC, then reinstall the Assistant program.  Then as a safe measure prior to connecting the drone or RC, reboot the system again, then try connecting the drone and/or the RC.  if it still fails I would be suspicious of the usb cable or the connections on either end.  If possible try a different usb cable but make sure it is not just a "charging cable" since it needs data lines to communicate properly.   

If you were trying the to do a firmware update wirelessly, I would say abort that plan and try using the DJI Assistant program on a PC.  I usually do all my firmware updates for both the RC and the Drone via the DJI Assistant program.   
8-20 11:44
Use props
fans0210787c
lvl.1
Canada

After loosing controls, my Mavic air 2 crashed into a nearby lake after this update. No ways to recover it.
8-24 04:24
Use props
dreamergr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 440295 ft
Greece

fans0210787c Posted at 8-24 04:24
After loosing controls, my Mavic air 2 crashed into a nearby lake after this update. No ways to recover it.

Sad to read that but for DJI refresh to work you need the drone. (Maybe a divers club?) You could make a new post and give the forum the logs to see what happend.
8-24 21:58
Use props
Northwood
Captain
Flight distance : 1155430 ft
United States

Hello DJI....

So is this the final firmware update for our Mavic Air 2?    I know you've released the 2S so I am suspecting it is.. however, as its only like 16 months old, I am wondering if there is anything else planned for the MA2?

Thanks
8-30 06:29
Use props
DaNTaF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7569 ft
Israel

No new version for long time
9-1 22:23
Use props
liuyipeng
lvl.1

United States

WE NEED WAYPOINT on the SDK for photogrammetry software!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-2 18:11
Use props
djiuser_3wlNZjhk0YsD
lvl.1
United States

I can not get my Mavic Air 2 controller to update firmware to v04.11.0016.  What am I doing wrong.  I am using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.  Current ver is 02.00.1200.
10-11 05:48
Use props
Ivan Lopez
lvl.3

Mexico

djiuser_3wlNZjhk0YsD Posted at 10-11 05:48
I can not get my Mavic Air 2 controller to update firmware to v04.11.0016.  What am I doing wrong.  I am using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.  Current ver is 02.00.1200.

Same here, the DJI Assistant 2 only shows 02.00.1200 version which is already installed
10-27 14:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules