Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick-Release Raised Landing Sled for DJI Mini 2
749 3 2021-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I have had my Mini 2 since last Thursday. This is my first drone.  To learn how to fly I have gone to the local park to fly squares and figure eights in different directions (left to right, right to left, forwards and backwards).  A couple of times I have missed the landing pad and ended up on the grass next to it.

I am thinking about buy extended landing gear.  I am looking at a sled version and have attached an image. There is a foldable version of this that weighs 18 gm but this one does not fold and weights 9.2 gm.  My Mini’s weight 237 gm so I am still under the 250 gm limit.

Does anyone have experience with this product?

Will it affect flight performance.

Will I need to activate Payload Mode preference.

Landing Sled

Landing Sled
2021-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ontario Drone. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best information from our valid DJI members who uses these 3rd Party Landing Gear for the DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 2. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI Mini 2 and can void the warranty as well. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-4-20
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I have read online some reviews from users of this landing sled since posting.

Apparently none use Payload Mode when flying.

Their major complaint is when removing the sled it is very common to pull the bottom plate from the Mini 2 no matter how careful they are in doing this.  For this reason I will not be purchasing this accessory.

2021-4-25
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

You should be able to reliably land on even a fairly small landing pad with a little practice.  I have used a plastic lid for a storage tub that is about 15 x 20 inches.  Really only use that if I'm out in the desert and landing on sand.  Landing in the grass is not really a problem unless it's really long.  The other option is to get good at hand landing and do that when the surface is not good for landing.  Search the forum and there are lots of videos on hand launch and landing.  Again, takes a little practice, but it's pretty easy.  Here is my video on my second day of hand landings.  It was not intended as instructional, but does give some hints.

2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules