Gimbal tilted when the drone is moving
1892 15 2021-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kejjtoli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286877 ft
Poland

Hello! Recently an issue with my mini 2 has popped out of nowhere. When the drone flies sideways the horizon is tilted to the right and when its flying forward or backwards the horizon goes up by about 3 deegres. The weird thing is that when the drone is not moving after something like 4 seconds the horizon is stable again. Is this a hardware or firmware issue? Please help i really enjoy flying the mini 2 but now the videos are just bad. (I calibrated the compass, gimbal and IMU multiple times with no effect)

Thanks in advance!
2021-4-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Has this just started now? Was it windy when this ocurred?
2021-4-20
Use props
kejjtoli
lvl.1
Poland

yogi053 Posted at 4-20 07:15
Has this just started now? Was it windy when this ocurred?

I first noticed it on 17th of april. The issue was non existant when i flew on 13th of april there was no crazy winds during my flights.
2021-4-20
Use props
Skatin_Tater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 433173 ft
  • >>>
United States

I actually had the same thing happen last Dec. It seems to have stopped just as fast as it started. There have been a few firmware updates in between, but I'm not sure what fixed it.
2021-4-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kejjtoli Posted at 4-20 07:38
I first noticed it on 17th of april. The issue was non existant when i flew on 13th of april there was no crazy winds during my flights.

I know you said you did all the usual IMU cal, Gimbal cal etc etc. but grasping at straws, how about uninstalling the Fly app and re-installing it again. Probably won't work but you never know!
2021-4-20
Use props
kejjtoli
lvl.1
Poland

yogi053 Posted at 4-20 08:01
I know you said you did all the usual IMU cal, Gimbal cal etc etc. but grasping at straws, how about uninstalling the Fly app and re-installing it again. Probably won't work but you never know!

Yeah probably won't as the issue occurs even when im disconnected from the controller.
2021-4-20
Use props
kejjtoli
lvl.1
Poland

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 4-20 11:30
Check your app settings and see if you have inadvertantly enabled FPV mode under the control section.

Nope, follow mode selected.
2021-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kejjtoli. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we know if your DJI Mini 2 had a hard landing  or a crash that happened before this issue occurred? Thank you.
2021-4-20
Use props
kejjtoli
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-20 20:03
Hello there kejjtoli. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we know if your DJI Mini 2 had a hard landing  or a crash that happened before this issue occurred? Thank you.

Well the drone had a 1m fall on a hard surface.
2021-4-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kejjtoli Posted at 4-20 21:29
Well the drone had a 1m fall on a hard surface.

Next thing, Dji will possibly ask to see a video of the problem, then advise you to get in touch with DJi support  for investigation  and repair/ replacement. Good luck.
2021-4-21
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably suggest doing calibration of everything, ie, gimbal, IMU, etc then doing a flight test and report back.
2021-4-21
Use props
kejjtoli
lvl.1
Poland

RobZilla Posted at 4-21 08:07
Probably suggest doing calibration of everything, ie, gimbal, IMU, etc then doing a flight test and report back.

I already did. I'm pretty sure its a hardware issue so i have to get it fixed. Thanks for trying to help out!
2021-4-21
Use props
rabrab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114521 ft
Australia

Mine does this too. Went for my first real flights yesterday, winds were light but we noticed that when shooting sideways when flying upwind the video was tilted. Then it went back to level when not in motion. I am travelling so can’t post a sample video but I’ll try to make a short one to demonstrate and post it when I get home.
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kejjtoli Posted at 4-20 21:29
Well the drone had a 1m fall on a hard surface.

Hi there kejjtoli. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given. Since there was a crash that happened. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_l4yxXFuBbUWp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386621 ft
Canada

I have been having the same issue
2021-4-24
Use props
kejjtoli
lvl.1
Poland

Update: I sent the drone to DJI and they said there`s nothing wrong. Suprisingly after the drone came back to me the gimbal started working fine. Looks like the gimbal fixed itself, it was probably because the drone looked like it was thrown around (box broken, drone body scuffed in two places).
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules