3721 12 2021-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ive watched a couple reviews online of the Air 2S video quality and it looks oversharp in most of the videos.  I know on the original Mavic Air you could turn the sharpness all the way down to -3.  Does the Air 2S have the same option or is it more limited in regards to fine tuning the sharpness?
2021-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have read complaints about it indeed!
2021-4-21
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no way to adjust sharpness. That being said, the sharpness I perceive is better controlled than the M2P  in my opinion
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Burlingtonfilms. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, the sharpness cannot be adjusted via the DJI Fly when using the Mavic Air 2S.
2021-4-22
Use props
MarcinDzi
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-22 02:57
Hi, Burlingtonfilms. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, the sharpness cannot be adjusted via the DJI Fly when using the Mavic Air 2S.

But DJI is planning put this feature into DJI app? For me is a must-have. Specially when I see that moire in video footage from Air 2S.
2021-5-10
Use props
Lops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 747772 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MarcinDzi Posted at 5-10 00:31
But DJI is planning put this feature into DJI app? For me is a must-have. Specially when I see that moire in video footage from Air 2S.
Both sharpening setting and manual focus fine adjustment we need. expensive enough that drone and these features are technically very well possible. so what about this, DJI?
2021-5-10
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lops Posted at 5-10 03:11
Both sharpening setting and manual focus fine adjustment we need. expensive enough that drone and these features are technically very well possible. so what about this, DJI?

"Manual focus fine adjustment" ??? What is that? It will manually focus...Do you need another adjustment on top of that?
2021-5-11
Use props
Lops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 747772 ft
  • >>>
Germany

jmb63 Posted at 5-11 04:32
"Manual focus fine adjustment" ??? What is that? It will manually focus...Do you need another adjustment on top of that?

YES, Possibly i want to set focus position manually...For example if i see moiree patterns, i defocus just a little bit in order to avoid that effect (see also shannon sampling theorem)....so YES!: manual focus fine adjustment would make sense
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_CtbBwQTF2I2f
New

United States

Have you tried shooting in D-Log? I usually have to crank the sharpness up quite a bit while grading. Sidenote - I am noticing the corners of my video are soft compared to the center of the image.
2021-6-27
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
Hong Kong

I would recommend you adjusting sharpness through editors.
2021-6-27
Use props
mozartlovecats
New

Netherlands

Astrid55 Posted at 6-27 18:29

This is not the way to go, pre-applied sharpening is just bad for the image quality
2021-9-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Astrid55 Posted at 6-27 18:29

Lol... Now please tell me how to remove excess salt added to food
2021-9-19
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

CloudVisual Posted at 9-19 02:33
Lol... Now please tell me how to remove excess salt added to food

Any decent editor will do it...try to put in Resolve 2 parallel nodes, one for denoise and one for blur, overlap them by % you need and use a Soften & Sharpen node in order to soft the small and middle textures...
Learn a little and talk after...any sharp image can be smoothened in post as good as the camera can make, and even better.
Also can add a little Glow effect and you will have a cinematic image.
Cheers.
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules