o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

In addition to > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712

my MA2 and the FlyApp (on android) on the latest, see my findings about the radar display.

DJI ??

EDIT on 6 MAY 2021
In post x#13 DJI Gamora asked me do do some check and try again....(my reply in post #15)

Gamora : Since the GPS accuracy and compass of the mobile device have certain errors, the orientation displayed by the aircraft may be inaccurate when the aircraft and the
mobile device are close to each other.
[ true, but orientation display doe always function oke of drone >- 15 meters away from RC/Mobile device ]It is suggested that also checking first by these following steps:
1. Calibrate the compass of mobile equipment;
2. Calibrate of aircraft's compass;
3. Check the environment to avoid metal interference
4. Control the aircraft to fly a short distance (over 100 meters).

1. Done2. Done
3. Free flying space with no metal etc
4. Done  at 50 ,100 and 150 meters

I checked this weird aircrat orientation behaviour at approx. 50, 100 and 150 meter in front of me.
Same results : yawing to the left, and at approx 8 o clock the HP icon and RC icon jumpes away....blue arrow on the RC icon points towards the drone as it knowns that the icon is on the postion it should be....
PS. same on all my devices and same results for my M2 and MA2.

SO DJI - what is next for you ??  any solution yet?

cheers
JJB

2021-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I noticed that when I was flying as well, the icon stays the same place.
2021-4-20
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Several of bugs were introduced in Fly v1.4.0 - OA resetting Gimbal Mode from Follow to FPV EVERY time you turn it on from the OA icon on the screen. Turning on/off AE lock for video isn't the same on Android as it is for iOS. Altitude is inaccurate, returning to HP may show negative altitude. Your Attitude/HP indicator is yet another one.
2021-4-20
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

As i always fly with OA, i didn't notice the switch to FPV mode yet.
But i can confirm the bug with the attitude indicator. Honestly, has it working properly in the past ? I can not remember that it did.
I have never had  a negative altitude,  except i was flying below the homepoint like jjb did in the video.
2021-4-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 4-20 12:22
As i always fly with OA, i didn't notice the switch to FPV mode yet.
But i can confirm the bug with the attitude indicator. Honestly, has it working properly in the past ? I can not remember that it did.
I have never had  a negative altitude,  except i was flying below the homepoint like jjb did in the video.

Hi,

Good question if the attitude/compass indicator has worked in the past?
Guess, yes   as i never noticed this behaviour, but not 100% sure as i don not fly always using this view.

But is it not normal ofcourse so DJI should have a look at it.
I can understand it mayby if the drone is real close to HP but not at 20 or 70 meters away from HP.

Flying from dikes in my country means that the surrounding ground is much lower, so i am used to fly with negative height values. BUT i need to see VPS height to get a better picture how high i am flying above the surface!  The GoApp does show both heights!

cheers
JJB
2021-4-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Pappy3 Posted at 4-20 11:49
Several of bugs were introduced in Fly v1.4.0 - OA resetting Gimbal Mode from Follow to FPV EVERY time you turn it on from the OA icon on the screen. Turning on/off AE lock for video isn't the same on Android as it is for iOS. Altitude is inaccurate, returning to HP may show negative altitude. Your Attitude/HP indicator is yet another one.

True, the AE lock does not function on Android.

Barometric height, not an issue i think. In the past the height after returning to the landing spot has always differ few meters in the plus or minus.
If you fly to 120 meters baro height, fly there some time and quickly descend to your starting point...not many times i have seen exactly zero height indication.

cheers
JJB
2021-4-20
Use props
fans04c304e5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Romania

And still no respon from DJI??
2021-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks odd.
2021-4-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's definitely a bug that DJI needs to correct.
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JJB*. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about your experience with the current version of the DJI Fly. The issue that you have submitted has been forwarded already to our team for further checking. Kindly give us time to evaluate this and we'll keep you updated as soon as possible.
2021-4-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 00:02
Hi, JJB*. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about your experience with the current version of the DJI Fly. The issue that you have submitted has been forwarded already to our team for further checking. Kindly give us time to evaluate this and we'll keep you updated as soon as possible.

Hi Gamora,

thanks for your update, hope your team of engineers will find a solution to this problem.

cheers
JJB
2021-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 4-24 00:53
Hi Gamora,

thanks for your update, hope your team of engineers will find a solution to this problem.

Hi, again. About the issue you have submitted, the position displayed by the attitude indicator will be affected by the accuracy of the compass and GPS, so we suggest calibrating the compass of the aircraft and the mobile phone respectively. Since the GPS accuracy and compass of the mobile device have certain errors, the orientation displayed by the aircraft may be inaccurate when the aircraft and the
mobile device are close to each other. It is suggested that also checking first by these following steps:
2. Calibrate of aircraft's compass;
3. Check the environment to avoid metal interference
4. Control the aircraft to fly a short distance (over 100 meters).

Kindly let us know if the issue can be resolved following the guides above.
2021-4-30
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 03:48
Hi, again. About the issue you have submitted, the position displayed by the attitude indicator will be affected by the accuracy of the compass and GPS, so we suggest calibrating the compass of the aircraft and the mobile phone respectively. Since the GPS accuracy and compass of the mobile device have certain errors, the orientation displayed by the aircraft may be inaccurate when the aircraft and the
mobile device are close to each other. It is suggested that also checking first by these following steps:

The described approach will be valid if the compass is constantly pointing to the wrong direction, but as shown in the video by JJB and proved by other pilots the indicator suddenly jumps 90 degrees to the left or right  and vise versa if rotating back.
This is definately not an issue of an uncalibrated compass nor any other magnetic interference, as it first appeared after the 1.4.0 update. This needs to be corrected quickly.
2021-4-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Gamora,

My flights with multiple devices : the same issue seen.

Mobile device compass well calibrated but even with mob device with compass wich is offsett to the actual heading, same result.

Compass data mopb device is needed to be presented on the outer ring of the fly app compass indicator. If input data is not correct for heading the result is seen over the whole range.

So it is a big in the app, i will do another test for you ; it is always at 1600 o-clock and 2000 o-clock (approx) where the app does the plotting of mob device compass data incorrect

It would be real funny, ( your engineers should be ashamed of theirselves to ask this...)  to fly minimum of 100 meters away from HP to get a good compass indication! Flying very close to HP will give funny results but any distance > 15 meter indication should be correct!

cheers
JJB
2021-5-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Gamora,

See my new results in post #1.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 5-6 04:20
Hi Gamora,

See my new results in post #1.

Sorry if there's no official resolution yet about the issue you have posted as we're still checking the root cause of it. If you could kindly, we would like you to upload the following information to further identify the issue.

1. Screenshot of the system version of the mobile devices you have tested the issue with.
2. Upload the APP log from the DJI Fly (forward the link here)
3. Coordinates in which you have flown the aircraft and the problem has been encountered.

Thank you for your cooperation.
2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 00:51
Sorry if there's no official resolution yet about the issue you have posted as we're still checking the root cause of it. If you could kindly, we would like you to upload the following information to further identify the issue.

1. Screenshot of the system version of the mobile devices you have tested the issue with.

Hi Gamora,

Can you give more details what to upload ?   LOG ?

cheers
JJB
2021-5-7
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 00:51

Hi Gamora,

as several people reported this issue, it is a general issue in the calculation of the indicatcator on the screen, because in the map view it looks fine.

So asking for data from an isolated device does not make sence, as it has been reported from different people, with different devices and from different locations.
2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 5-7 02:47
Hi Gamora,

as several people reported this issue, it is a general issue in the calculation of the indicatcator on the screen, because in the map view it looks fine.

Hi,

i think we should all upload a screen recorderd video of this bug.
Just hover 50 meters in front of you and yaw a 360 left and a yaw 360 right.

I checked my screen recording, found one using not the latest FlyApp version (8 jan 2001) and this bug was not there !!
( and ofcourse using the device i always use).
see the vid.

cheers
JJB

2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 5-7 01:53
Hi Gamora,

Can you give more details what to upload ?   LOG ?

Please upload and forward the DJI Fly LOG folder by connecting it to a desktop/laptop. Kindly check the file path in this attached image.
2021-5-7
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

@JJB
Many thanks for your efford.
But honestly if we all upload the same, i think it is worthless, because you already showed it perfectly.

What bothers me, is that DJI is always asking for the same worthless things like location and logs, even if the same issue is reported from different people at different locations around the world and different mobile devices, instead of checking what has changed in their code and to solve the issue.

2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 5-7 23:48
@JJB
But honestly if we all upload the same, i think it is worthless, because you already showed it perfectly.

Hi,

I agree with you, it is a bug in the app not depending on type of device, location where it occured etc etc.

But the only thing i can do is do what Gamora asked me, mayby  mayby mayby it will help....

My video in post #20 is made on FlyApp 1.2.2, so after this version DJI introduced this bug

cheers
JJB
2021-5-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 23:16
Please upload and forward the DJI Fly LOG folder by connecting it to a desktop/laptop. Kindly check the file path in this attached image.
[view_image]

Hi Gamora,

Sent you a PM with a link for download what you asked for.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 5-8 02:16
Hi Gamora,

Sent you a PM with a link for download what you asked for.

Thank you for your cooperation. Kindly give us time to check this and rest assured that you'll be updated as soon as possible.
2021-5-8
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe this issue is related:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =225826&pid=2478805

Please see my post (click the link above) for a possible reason.

TLDR: DJI is calculating the position incorrectly by using degrees instead of radians.

PS Here is another thread with the similar type of issue (position is out by 90 or 180 degrees): https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=185313
2021-5-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matite Posted at 5-8 05:13
Maybe this issue is related:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =225826&pid=2478805

Hi Matite,

Both links  are to another problems wich i do not have on all my device.Device compass info on the radar display is correct, not 90 degrees offset or 20 or so....

cheers
JJB
2021-5-8
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 5-8 05:18
Hi Matite,

Both links  are to another problems wich i do not have on all my device.Device compass info on the radar display is correct, not 90 degrees offset or 20 or so....

Hmm but your video shows that when you change heading (at 1 minute) all of a sudden the position calculated ("my position on radar") is out by what seems like 90 degrees.

I am not saying those other threads are the exact same issue you see... I'm just saying that the problem encountered seems very similar in that the position calculated is wrong on the display (the bearing to the real location is 90 or 180 degrees out).

2021-5-8
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 913891 ft
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 5-7 23:48
@JJB

It may not be worthless if they find a common denominator. The more info they get the more the bug will reveal itself. Hopefully we can get this issue fixed quicker.
2021-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thanks, everyone for submitting your feedback regarding this concern. We have confirmed the issue and verify that this will be resolved in the next DJI Fly version which will be released estimated next week so kindly stay tuned.
2021-5-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-14 00:24
Thanks, everyone for submitting your feedback regarding this concern. We have confirmed the issue and verify that this will be resolved in the next DJI Fly version which will be released estimated next week so kindly stay tuned.

Hi Gamora,

Thanks for keepng us informed!

How is the Unwanted Forcelanding issue??  is this also fixed in the next FlyApp version, as you know few members lost their drone because of this!

cheers
JJB
2021-5-14
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

Six months later and no fix.

I am beyond frustrated.
2021-11-16
Use props