Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AIRSENSE CONDITIONS FOR ACTIVE
2176 14 2021-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello DJI EVERYONE

I have just started my Air 2S downloaded firmware etc.
I tried to activate my Airsense on but it always deactivates by itself.
I was not recording or having 4k 30 fps and by the way what are all the resolutions that it works?
I was not in active track mode
So what are all the conditions that it works?

2021-4-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The condition is that you have to be in the USA. It does not work outside.
2021-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Niknik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air 2S does support AirSense ( ADS-B ) for the EU version. In addition to this post the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. For reference I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.
2021-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 4-20 19:24
The condition is that you have to be in the USA. It does not work outside.

The Air2S air sense works outside of USA as well now.
2021-4-20
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I think he means APAS instead of airsense, airsense is the ADS-B reciever that alerts you from nearby planes that have an ADS-B emitter and APAS is the pilot assistance that uses the visual sensors of the drone.

APAS bypass mode only works in normal mode, on sports all sensors are deactivated and on cine the sensors only stop you when they detect something.

If you set the APAS to off sensors will still work and detect objects, but the plane won't autostop, so you can smash into things.

I have it activated to fly in all directions in normal mode and when switching to sports it deactivates all sensors and in cine it stops the plane (but not bypass).

Currently, there's a bug on the app where if you disengage APAS when flying in normal mode from the screen button on the left and reengage it again, it defaults to only fly forward/backward and changes the gimball mode to FPV style.
2021-4-21
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-21 00:18
I think he means APAS instead of airsense, airsense is the ADS-B reciever that alerts you from nearby planes that have an ADS-B emitter and APAS is the pilot assistance that uses the visual sensors of the drone.

APAS bypass mode only works in normal mode, on sports all sensors are deactivated and on cine the sensors only stop you when they detect something.

I mean Airsense. I activate it and it turns off by itself. And I do not record at 4K30or have active track enabled
2021-4-21
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-20 21:02
Hello there Niknik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air 2S does support AirSense ( ADS-B ) for the EU version. In addition to this post the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. For reference I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.

Yes DJI Stephen i know what exactly ADS-B airsense is. the problem is that I turn on Airsense and without being recording on 4K30fps or using active track it turns off by itself. Are there any other conditions to work?
2021-4-21
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Niknik Posted at 4-21 02:01
Yes DJI Stephen i know what exactly ADS-B airsense is. the problem is that I turn on Airsense and without being recording on 4K30fps or using active track it turns off by itself. Are there any other conditions to work?

I tried to turn on Airsense without take off and recording and it still turns off by itself. Why is that? Does Airsense needs thw drone to be in the air? Or to have gps on?
2021-4-21
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I would try with the drone flying at least, see if that changes the outcome.
2021-4-21
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I activated it when the drone was inside my house over the table... and as far as I know it's been on since then. I don't think it needs a specific condition to activate it so must be a bug.

Does it say something when it deactivates by itself?
2021-4-21
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-21 09:27
I activated it when the drone was inside my house over the table... and as far as I know it's been on since then. I don't think it needs a specific condition to activate it so must be a bug.

Does it say something when it deactivates by itself?

Ok problem solved. If it has less than 10 sats then it goes off by itself. when the sats are equal or more than 10 then it goes on again
2021-4-21
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Niknik Posted at 4-21 10:54
Ok problem solved. If it has less than 10 sats then it goes off by itself. when the sats are equal or more than 10 then it goes on again

Well that's not bad as you wouldn't want to fly without 10+ satellites locked!
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Niknik Posted at 4-21 02:01
Yes DJI Stephen i know what exactly ADS-B airsense is. the problem is that I turn on Airsense and without being recording on 4K30fps or using active track it turns off by itself. Are there any other conditions to work?

Hi there, could you please tell me the mobile device, system version of the mobile device you are using, and provide a screen recording of the issue, as well as the DJI Fly app log (connect the mobile device to a computer, read the file folder, route of the files: \DJI\dji.go.v5\LOG)?
We would love to check further about the issue.
2021-4-22
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

I am living in an area where airliners (visible on flightradar therefore logically having ads-b active) pass at 3000ft, and they don't appear on the map (Low, med and high risk activated). Of course, a lot of separation, but I was wondering what's the altitude from which the planes are displayed? I would like to know the logic of the high, med and low risk of collision. Is it the speed of the plane, is it the altitude, is it the heading, is it a mix of them, in what proportion? Logic that I'm not directly interested in seeing an airliner that is 900m above the drone, but right now I'm also not sure if airsense works, not understanding its logic. Any hints on this?
2021-4-26
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michaelpop84-- From what I've experienced it's a combination of altitude, heading and distance radius of the drone.  An orange warning will appear with audio notification if the aircraft is within your area ~1 mile and 1000 feet altitude.  If it's less than that and aircraft is approaching, warning is in red with audio notification.

You can see my examples in an earlier post here => https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D768%26typeid%3D768

2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules