Flight path recording
1434 6 2021-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

As I watch some of the night videos, I wondered if there is a way to fly the drone in the daylight, record the ALL the flight info and then fly again at night with all the lighting and such, but simply have the drone completely retrace the prior flight without any real input from the pilot. Is that a thing?

Thanks,
Dark Horse
2021-4-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not with a Mini and the DJI Fly app. That would be interesting though. Maybe some aftermarket app could do that eventually.
2021-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It might take a bit of effort but it you really wanted to do it, you can take the flight track that's in your recorded data and translate to a Litchi waypoint mission and fly it whenever you like.
2021-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dark Horse. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. I am sorry to say that the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly application is not capable of doing this process. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-4-20
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Litchi currently doesn't support waypoint missions for mini 1, perhaps in a future version.
2021-4-21
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

jonny007 Posted at 4-21 01:36
Litchi currently doesn't support waypoint missions for mini 1, perhaps in a future version.

Thank you for that info. I will continue to learn with this drone and enjoy it... Eventually stepping up to something that they do support. In the meantime, I'll try to learn a little about Litchi as well.
2021-4-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the Litchi site, they say Mini 1 Waypoint mode "will be added on a future update"....so maybe.
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules