4482 13 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve567
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290446 ft
Germany

Hello,

I just got a DJI Air2S but I do not see any means to shoot in 5.4K as advertised. Even 4K60 is missing. I tried Auto/Pro, changing the encoding from h264 to h265 and playing around, but without any luck.

See screenshot. Screenshot_20210421-103704.jpg

What could be the reasons?

Thanks!
2021-4-21
Use props
steve567
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290446 ft
Germany

Ok, I solve my own issue. When I put in a fast microSD card (v30), I now see the options. Now, what confuses me is why DJI's on-board 8GB storage isn't fast to support these shooting modes?

(Granted it is very small [8GB], still, someone may be just testing capabilities and may want to see all these options out of the box)

2021-4-21
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

steve567 Posted at 4-21 01:01
Ok, I solve my own issue. When I put in a fast microSD card (v30), I now see the options. Now, what confuses me is why DJI's on-board 8GB storage isn't fast to support these shooting modes?

(Granted it is very small [8GB], still, someone may be just testing capabilities and may want to see all these options out of the box)

That's the answer. 8GB is just too small to record much of any worthwhile length.
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there steve567. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is good to know after putting a microSD card on your DJI Air 2S the issue was fixed. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-4-21
Use props
Huntere
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-21 01:24
Hello there steve567. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is good to know after putting a microSD card on your DJI Air 2S the issue was fixed. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Hi all,
Proud new drone and Air 2S owner here.
I too can’t access 5.4K video options when selecting the camera to Pro.
I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card so that would seem to meet requirements,

Do I have another setting wrong?
Thanks

Evan
2021-11-29
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

Huntere Posted at 11-29 05:17
Hi all,

Hi there Huntere,

Unfortunately the Scan Disk Extreme Pro whilst is does meet the system requirements for Write and Read Speed for 4K video recording. Ironically for some reason it's not compatible with the Air 2s?? Also the Extreme Pro used to cause jittery dropped frames when rendering in post afterwards too.

Saw another YouTube video of another chap giving a good analysis of the various Micro SD cards not compatible with the Air2s despite the cards having adequate read and write speeds.  

I also had issues with the Extreme Pro and switched to the "Scan Disk Extreme" within the first two days of my purchasing the Air2s., had flawless rendered videos since. Hope this helps!
2021-11-29
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Eoin 2021 Posted at 11-29 09:35
Hi there Huntere,

Unfortunately the Scan Disk Extreme Pro whilst is does meet the system requirements for Write and Read Speed for 4K video recording. Ironically for some reason it's not compatible with the Air 2s?? Also the Extreme Pro used to cause jittery dropped frames when rendering in post afterwards too.

I am using the Extreme Pro with no issues at all. 5.4K 30fps or 4k 60fps all day long.
2021-11-29
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Huntere Posted at 11-29 05:17
Hi all,

Did you change the storage destination to SD Card on the app? Format the card from within the app (in the drone) and re select it as a destination if you have not already.
2021-11-29
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

dreamtuner Posted at 11-29 18:52
I am using the Extreme Pro with no issues at all. 5.4K 30fps or 4k 60fps all day long.

Interesting answer, and glad it works for you dreamtuner and thanks for the reply.

Apologies here too lads as I don't mean to intrude in the OP's thread.

It's ironic and a pity that so many variants of issues arise and so many people experience so many different issues. It's something one would expect from an open source beta programme running on some new electronic gismo. But not something one would expect from a recognised franchise selling high end products which we fork out a considerable amount of our money on.

Pity I can't use Scan Disk Extreme Pro within my Air 2s but the Scan Disk Extreme will output far greater quality. And others have issues on YouTube with the Extreme Pro too for some reason...pity!

2021-11-30
Use props
Huntere
lvl.1

Australia

dreamtuner Posted at 11-29 18:52

That’s great!
I see DJI do say the 64gb is ok, mines the 128.
I wonder if formatting in something other than the drone might solve this?
2021-12-1
Use props
Huntere
lvl.1

Australia

dreamtuner Posted at 11-29 18:55
Did you change the storage destination to SD Card on the app? Format the card from within the app (in the drone) and re select it as a destination if you have not already.

Thanks Dreamtunrr,
Yes I’ve tried that a couple of times.
2021-12-1
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Huntere Posted at 12-1 13:23
Thanks Dreamtunrr,
Yes I’ve tried that a couple of times.

Sorry, I am out of ideas then. I hope everything works out smoothly for you.
2021-12-7
Use props
djiuser_rveS7SQITaLn
lvl.1

France

Si DJI a bien fait le boulot et que le 5.4k n'est pas un argument de marketing on devarait en downscal avoir un sacré bon 4k
Viens juste de recevoir le mien ....Mais quelle galère ce fut pour installer l'Appli sur mon Samsung Galaxy S8 ...Mais ça a l'air d'aller maintenant.
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_CbjTmF6zUkXs
New

United Kingdom

5.4k isn't available when subject scanning is enabled. It could be that
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules