SuperView wide FOV possible with firmware mod
2517 5 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lockheed
lvl.1

Poland

I am looking for a good action cam for motorcycle, and Osmo Acion looks like a solid contender with one drawback - limtied field of vision.

Well, it looks like this is solvable with a firmware mod, as demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv47Hz7GmUk

If DJI implement this function in firmware, that would be stellar.

2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there lockheed. Good day and thank for sharing your valued insight with us with regards to this matter.  I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Osmo Action and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-4-21
Use props
MaverickTC
lvl.1

Turkey

It is 2022 and we are still waiting for this update. If I knew that It was like that I would don't think about the Osmo action and directly get GoPro.
2022-2-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Discontinued the product and they came out with the Action 2. they chose not to give it and we must accept that.  too bad they can not do what  we ask. roight?
2022-2-12
Use props
lockheed
lvl.1

Poland

MaverickTC Posted at 2-12 11:44
It is 2022 and we are still waiting for this update. If I knew that It was like that I would don't think about the Osmo action and directly get GoPro.

Well, at least we know what to do next time we buy an action cam (which for me is NOW).
GoPro after-market support is extra-poor, but at least the product they release has the functions we need on day one of release: wide angle (which Osmo Action Cam 1 doesn't have, and will not have even it is near-0 cost to add it in firmware) + ample battery life (which DJI Action Cam 2 doesn't have).
Bye!
2022-2-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well DJI listened now they  will hear and what more can I say but thank you for the two points I can collect on this post
2022-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules