Best backpack for a 2S ?? Need fancy foam cut-outs?
5155 10 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

The combo bag looks like a giant purse to me.

Can you suggest a good packpack to tote a 2s, along with laptop,  tablet and perhaps some othe misc stuff?  (not too big I suppose)

Having just learned that the 2S doesn't come with straps, I'm wondering if camera bigs with those dividers are safe for the 2S without strapped propellers?  I've seen hard cases with foam cut-outs, but that seems dedicated to strictly just the drone, not laptop plus, etc.

So, if I get a camera style backpack with dividers, does that mean I need to buy a strap for the propellers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
2021-4-21
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I was considering a backpack with similar requirements, I was looking at this PgyTech OneGo (FlytPath's review below). Since I do a lot of hiking and need something more smaller yet quick access without bringing a laptop or unnecessary gear, I went with a Peak Design 6L sling. I wasn't fond of the FlyMore combo bag early on but when in the city and areas where I need to use discretion, its actually been useful when I need to get in and out quickly.

Depending on how the drone is stored, or long term, I would suggest a strap. I use this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Let us know what bag you decide on!
BTW if you plan on traveling by air, then a hard case with precut foam will be the way to go. GPC and Nanuk are brands to go with.

2021-4-21
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I've heard you must do carry-on for the drone as batteries are not allowed in the baggage compartment. So you might not need the hard case, although they look nice!
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said backpack / carrying case that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and please be safe always.
2021-4-21
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
United States

Thank @RobZilla , that's a nifty bag with lots of features.

I guess if using something like that you would indeed need straps for the propellers as it's not as snug with a dedicated compartment for the drone.

Regards,
Mike
2021-4-22
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

Hey Mike, I found the perfect backpack for the Air2S assuming you want to go as small and lightweight as possible and still have room for all your gear.

As you can see the Air 2S fits perfectly in the center partition.  And I've used the side partitions for batteries.  And the additional partition accommodates the controller.  Inside the zippered pouch on the top, there is plenty of room for chargers, cables/cords, spare props, spare memory cards, etc.

I guess for you personally, the question is are you married to the idea of taking a laptop or can you just work with a tablet, or bring the laptop along in a separate bag.  The outside pouch that I'm using for the landing pad could easily store a tablet of any size but unless you have a sub-compact laptop it most likely won't fit.  For reference, I have a 15" MacBook Pro and it's just a little bit too big to fit. So if your laptop is smaller than a 15" it will most likely fit just fine.

The backpack is the Lowepro Tahoe BP 150: https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/tahoe-bp-150-lp36892-config/
2021-4-22
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Any camera backpack should work. I use a Lowepro backpack. Has a secret back compartment that flips out for the drone. Top half holds my lunch on a hike or for work.

2021-4-22
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 4-22 15:55
Hey Mike, I found the perfect backpack for the Air2S assuming you want to go as small and lightweight as possible and still have room for all your gear.

[view_image]

@CHUCK  #OMG, that looks perfect !!!  

Thanks so much for taking the time to share the pics with drone inside!

(So many packs say they support drones but seeing a 2S inside is hugely helpful !!)

-Mike
2021-4-23
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

Mike90210 Posted at 4-23 04:35
@CHUCK  #OMG, that looks perfect !!!  

Thanks so much for taking the time to share the pics with drone inside!

You’re very welcome.  
2021-4-23
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
United States

@Chuck:  do you have any concern not using propeller straps?  

If the back got on its side, seems like the propellers would go parallel to the drone and the front flap pressure might cause stress on the motor mounts?

I haven't even unboxed my 2S yet so I'm speaking from no experience at all.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Mike
2021-4-23
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

Mike90210 Posted at 4-23 06:09
@Chuck:  do you have any concern not using propeller straps?  

If the back got on its side, seems like the propellers would go parallel to the drone and the front flap pressure might cause stress on the motor mounts?

Hey Mike,  I should have included some pics of my set-up once everything is packed up and ready to go.  The backpack comes with two additional padded velcro dividers that I use to cushion/secure the drown.  As you can see from the pics below, not only is the drone secure in the bag but there's also room for additional storage above the drone once the padded velcro dividers are in place on top of the drone.

With regards to the propeller straps, this is my first drone so maybe someone more experienced can jump in here however I don't see why you would need straps if the drone is secured in the backpack as I have in my set-up.  Hope these additional pics help you to make a decision on which way to go for your solution.

2021-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules