Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PROPS IN SHOT - Why/How/What!?
5268 15 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Many have noticed that when shooting with the DJI Air 2S, the props quite often appear in shot, for manual and autonomous flights such as MasterShots. There are a few reasons for this, hopefully DJI can resolve some via firmware updates to change the constraints of the gimbal movement under certain flight conditions, but in the meantime there are a few ways to fix props appearing in shot, as explained in this DroningON video.

If you enjoy this content, hit SUBSCRIBE to say thanks!

2021-4-21
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

well, thanks for the heads up. That's definitely a problem, hopefully DJI can come up with a good solution. Or at least options like use master shoots in 4K or lower to avoid props?
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sergeant. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have came upon. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2021-4-21
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-21 19:36
Hello there sergeant. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have came upon. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.

Cascade it to Dev Dept? Why? They were sleeping when they tested it at first? How did they made the tests (that intensive tests you make as a large and super good company BEFORE launching the product? ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2021-4-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres a setting to turn off the props in shot -
2021-4-21
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

This applies not only to MasterShots, but also to regular flight, which this setting doesn't fix.
2021-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 4-23 03:57
This applies not only to MasterShots, but also to regular flight, which this setting doesn't fix.

Can you post this other footage where this happens, I have tried extensive testing in all modes excluding master shots and cannot replicate.
I have flown downwind 19.5 M/S 70kph into head wind 14 M/S using 5.4k 4K 1080p and absolute no props a in shot, I have flown cross winds in sport mode and No props in shot. But I can see them in some Mastershot but completely disappear in composition mode. I think if you can replicate in a normal flying mode and screen record then either there is a problem or there is not a problem.

I live North west coast of Ireland on Atlantic Ocean and wind is something I live with Day to Day so if wind was a factor with you it certainly was not with me.
I believe props in the shots for master shots not to be a problem but certainly in a normal mode constantly or all the time is just a No No. so would be good if you would confirm I have tried now and am happy my drone does not have this problem.

One thing looking a the very short video you showed was camer looking up while flying directly into strong wind, which is a poor test .
2021-4-23
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 06:46
Can you post this other footage where this happens, I have tried extensive testing in all modes excluding master shots and cannot replicate.
I have flown downwind 19.5 M/S 70kph into head wind 14 M/S using 5.4k 4K 1080p and absolute no props a in shot, I have flown cross winds in sport mode and No props in shot. But I can see them in some Mastershot but completely disappear in composition mode. I think if you can replicate in a normal flying mode and screen record then either there is a problem or there is not a problem.

It's all about the wind direction and the show being performed, that's why it doesn't happen consistently.
2021-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 4-23 07:35
It's all about the wind direction and the show being performed, that's why it doesn't happen consistently.

Yes but you can say the same about any drone if you set up to have camera looking up and fly full tilt into the wind almost every drone is likely to show props in view, I’m not sure what one would be recording at this angle in such winds. Is this a real world problem or a manufactured problem, because I see very little of this here or on other channels, and thats why I asked to see if you can replicate it.
2021-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Its funny , here’s a guy who has no problem looking through all the hysteria and clearly explaining why stuff happens, as a drone reviewer he has a huge following. “Its easy to see why” explaining without the hysteria , particularly to those who shed out serious money for this drone , instead of hoping to gain extra clicks because problems are considered better more compelling video. Its why I myself found this to be a ill thought out video by you, you never researched the provision dji had installed to counteract this what you seemed to think was a real problem. And as i tried to point out there is no real problem with props in the shots as your title claims.

It seems for certain you tubers the more hysteria they can share the more their channel will benefit , but look at the difference in this guys channel and you will see that true honesty will always prevail.

2021-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-21 22:20
Cascade it to Dev Dept? Why? They were sleeping when they tested it at first? How did they made the tests (that intensive tests you make as a large and super good company BEFORE launching the product? ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

No they were not, in fact they made provision to insure that this would not happen. Don’t always believe the alarmists who seek you views and clicks
2021-4-23
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 08:02
Yes but you can say the same about any drone if you set up to have camera looking up and fly full tilt into the wind almost every drone is likely to show props in view, I’m not sure what one would be recording at this angle in such winds. Is this a real world problem or a manufactured problem, because I see very little of this here or on other channels, and thats why I asked to see if you can replicate it.

There's actually very clear footage showing this in regular flight during the first 5 seconds of the video, and featured again later on. Being a YouTube and putting out decent content is kinda irrelevant if the viewers don't pay attention and instead judge the content before watching/listening.
2021-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 4-23 23:32
There's actually very clear footage showing this in regular flight during the first 5 seconds of the video, and featured again later on. Being a YouTube and putting out decent content is kinda irrelevant if the viewers don't pay attention and instead judge the content before watching/listening.

I watched the content before commenting, and there is no clear explanation of when you are actually flying manually or automatically, so difficult to figure out which is which as you never actually fully explain this. You also say very little in fact don’t say anything regarding flying straight into the wing with camera looking up. Its also my thinking that you cannot repeat this in normal conditions thus the problem if any is not as dramatic as your title or commentary suggest. This probably should be corrected.

Its not a great way to attract viewers by insulting them saying they didn’t watch when clearly I did.
2021-4-24
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 00:22
I watched the content before commenting, and there is no clear explanation of when you are actually flying manually or automatically, so difficult to figure out which is which as you never actually fully explain this. You also say very little in fact don’t say anything regarding flying straight into the wing with camera looking up. Its also my thinking that you cannot repeat this in normal conditions thus the problem if any is not as dramatic as your title or commentary suggest. This probably should be corrected.

Its not a great way to attract viewers by insulting them saying they didn’t watch when clearly I did.

Apologies and glad that you did actually watch it. Skip to 1.43 mins into the video, which shows props in shot during a regular flight, the wind is coming from the left and hence why the right-hand prop/arm is visible, due to the quad having to roll to the left to counteract the wind
2021-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 4-25 08:04
Apologies and glad that you did actually watch it. Skip to 1.43 mins into the video, which shows props in shot during a regular flight, the wind is coming from the left and hence why the right-hand prop/arm is visible, due to the quad having to roll to the left to counteract the wind

Yes again this is going to be the same for almost any craft, my findings now after a few days is props in the shot on normal flight is not a real issue .
2021-4-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now