Mavic 2 Enterprise advanced versus Zenmuse XT2
1654 4 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yardbird1975
lvl.1

Germany

Hello everybody,

we are running a Matrice 210RTK (geomatic/surveying applications) and would like to invest into a thermal camera. At the moment we are using agisoft for processing the data.

I just got an offer for a XT2 Flir camera and although it would fit nicely to our M210 I just found out that the mavic 2 enterprise advanced is cheaper than the XT2 camera. When I look at the technical data, the mavic package has also better technical stats in terms of the thermal as well as the ´normal´ camera.

Am I seeing this right? Or what is the difference?

Thx for help
Felix

2021-4-21
Use props
Zeke13z
lvl.1
United States

As of right now, the M2EA doesn't use actual R-JPG files.  You need to use their Thermal Analysis Tool 2 to pull any useful data out of the photos.  It's impossible right now to set the exposure limits for the camera manually so the camera auto-updates the color palette between the hottest/coldest temp in its sensing range as you fly.  Because of this, it's practically impossible to create orthomosaics with these photos as they can't be edited in post to average out with other photos taken during the same mission.  That's a huge deal right now to the community of us who bought these, and the radio silence from DJI in regard to this matter is deafening.

Oh, and the visual camera doesn't allow you to change the photo aspect ratio, size, or take bracketed photos or modes to RAW... You get 48MP visual and 640x512 thermal taken at the same time.  I was one of those who fell into that trap thinking, "Oh the last Enterprise took RAW photos" and incorrectly assumed the 'Advanced' version of the previous drone retained these basic and essential features.  Now I'd have to pay a 20% restocking fee to return this thing because the DJI Care auto-activated when I logged in on the controller.  At this point, I guess I'm keeping it, I'd rather not burn $1248.
2021-4-21
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434400 ft
United States

Zeke - just getting to know the Mavic 2EA Dual. I figured my inability to get out of auto mode for both cameras was a Pilot Ap problem, and was considering reinstalling it, even though I have the current version 2.3.1.5 installed. But if I read you correctly, there is no shutter or aperture priority option for either camera. I'm speechless. Please tell me I'm wrong. It flies well at least.
2021-4-24
Use props
Zeke13z
lvl.1
United States

08011 Posted at 4-24 17:34
Zeke - just getting to know the Mavic 2EA Dual. I figured my inability to get out of auto mode for both cameras was a Pilot Ap problem, and was considering reinstalling it, even though I have the current version 2.3.1.5 installed. But if I read you correctly, there is no shutter or aperture priority option for either camera. I'm speechless. Please tell me I'm wrong. It flies well at least.

If there is a way, I haven't been able to figure it out, but I'm not hopeful to either.

2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434400 ft
United States

Thanks - I spent more time on it and found the same in the manual. Head shaker. A flying brick.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules