Active Track 3.0 for rock climbing
993 3 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeelanMoore
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi there

I am considering buying an OSMO Moblie 3 for hopefully taking videos of rock climbing, does anyone have experience with how active track manages with tracking rock climbers where their vertical position changes substantially; and while they aren't neccessarily facing the camera?
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KeelanMoore. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI Osmo Mobile 3 | How to Use ActiveTrack 3.0. Thank you.

2021-4-21
Use props
KeelanMoore
lvl.1

South Africa

Yeah I have seen that before; that video mostly shows the different methods to start tracking but it doesn't go into specifics about how well the gimbal can track things with a large range of vertical movement possibly at a greater distance?
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_sQSdUBPjepwt
New

United States

Hi KeelanMoore -
I also asked a similar question regarding the DJI OM 4SE using the DJI Mimo app.  I wrote them via the customer service form on the main page, but  I haven't gotten a response yet and would be curious if you were able to track this down.  I'm hoping to auto-track climbers on single pitch routes with a tripod position back.  I know it makes for some butt shots but I'm usually not up on a static line filming.

What I specifically gave them as distances were:
1. distance from base of wall, max 50meters
2. height of subject on the wall, max 40meters (for single pitch sport routes, using an 80m rope)
3. distance to subject, max approximately 64meters (calculated via mathematics)
4. assumption, straight line of visibility to subject
5. movement speed relatively slow unless a fall occurs

Please let me know if you heard back or if you had some actual field experience, how things turned out.
Thanks,
Derek
2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules