Problem with AF/AE in fly app (and RTH bug)
904 4 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

So I've been testing it right now and don't manage to understand how it works...

When recording video if you press on  the screen a yellow marker appears to indicate the camera where to focus and exposure... and the problem is that once appears you can't go back to the previous setting (wich decides focus/exposure based on the central part of the screen).

I tried double pressing it, press and maintain (wich activates AE lock), move it to a corner, change modes... but nothing.

Anyone figured out how it works? In the Mini 2 the yellow marker for AE had a little X on one corner, you pressed it and it dissapeared, but don't figure out how it works on this drone.

PS: Also, there's a bug in how RTH is working, if you cancel RTH from the controller you don't regain control of the aircraft, it just stays there hovering ignoring the move forward input (you can solve it changing the flight mode). On the other hand if you cancel the RTH from the screen it works as intended and you regain control as soon as RTH cancels.

And while RTH you cannot reorient the aircraft (just like you do on the Mini 2), but you can reorient the gimball thoug by pressing and holding the screen.

I assume those bugs will get fixed in future versions, just like did on the other drones.

2021-4-21
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Did a few more test and the RTH worked fine this time, I cancelled it on the controller and regained control over the aircraft as usual, so must be somethings that triggers the malfunction, but idk.

And spend a whole battery just trying to discover how to get rid of the AF yellow indicator... without any success XD

2021-4-21
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

If I understand your concern correctly I’m also having the same issue.  While trying to tap the screen in the DJI Fly app on the smart controller it consistently activates the AE function and I see no way of making it go away after it has been inadvertently activated.  Does anyone know how to make it go away if inadvertently activated while tapping the screen with the intent of activating another feature.  Or even better yet is there a way to disable the touchscreen activation of the AE function all together?
2021-4-22
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Chuck Campfield Posted at 4-22 19:32
If I understand your concern correctly I’m also having the same issue.  While trying to tap the screen in the DJI Fly app on the smart controller it consistently activates the AE function and I see no way of making it go away after it has been inadvertently activated.  Does anyone know how to make it go away if inadvertently activated while tapping the screen with the intent of activating another feature.  Or even better yet is there a way to disable the touchscreen activation of the AE function all together?

Yep, tat's the issue.

You accidentally activate it when touching then screen and there's no way (as far as I know) to go back to the full screen AF/AE...

One thing it usually works is click on the ground and then move up the gimball to the sky, so the yellow square lands inside the sky and wait for 5 secs or so. The AF/AE square will not be able to focus the sky and it will default back to full screen AF/AE.

But I'd appreciate a proper method to get rid of it, like on the Mini 2 wich you just need to press an "X" that appears next to the yellow square.
2021-4-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah this is driving me crazy as well. The way I get rid of it is switch from photo to video or vice versa.
2021-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules