Brand New Battery - Overcurrent detected error
4378 5 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MemoRechy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1759764 ft
Mexico

hello, i just got my fpv combo and the two extra batteries, when i charged then for the first time the charging hub turned red after a while, after reading the manual it says it means theres an error with one of the batteries, i connected one by one directly to the charger cable i found the culprit, one battery its showing the overcurrent detected error (led code)
3cca4db7-02ae-4955-8074-5ef6585a73b7.jpg
It shows full charge but when connected to the charger instead of reporting fully charged it shows this error. Since its brand new and never used, i decided to put it on the drone, discharge it and update the firmware hoping it would fix it.

the drone powered up just fine, updated the battery firmware with no error and flew with no problems, at 50% i turned it off, let it cool down and charged it again, it started charging when it got to full charge the error came back again. the other batteries are fine so i am sure its not the charger.

does anyone have any tips on how to fix it before sending it in for warranty? maybe its an easy fix.
2021-4-21
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get this sometimes with my normal Lipo batteries. You did the right thing, fly it to discharge, let it cool down/settle, charge again and hope it goes away. The thing with smart batteries is that they don't really respond to normal lipo solve it methods. Had one years ago on a Phantom battery and just wouldn't correct itself. Sent it back and got a new one sent back. They will see that it's new and knackered anyways when they test it themselves.
2021-4-21
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Warranty replacement seems like a good idea.

If you want more data about the battery, you can use features at Airdata.com to display a graph of the individual cell voltage levels. Here's one example.

DjiCells.JPG

The logs are stored in the goggles and can be accessed using the OTG adapter connected to the goggles with the other end of the USB connected to your smart device.
There's a lot of other fun info available using the Airdat site/app.
2021-4-21
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I had one that did this. It went out after a few full deep-cycles, so try that and see if it goes away. ...
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MemoRechy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on the said DJI intelligent flight battery. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-4-21
Use props
MemoRechy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1759764 ft
Mexico

I sent the battery in for replacement and just got my new battery,  brand new 0 cycles. Charged it for the first time and it reports the same error.
2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules