Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 2s - software update problem
10785 37 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tgstala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23173 ft
Poland

Hey,

I have a problem updating Air 2s. The installation stalls at 55% and doesn't go any further.
It installs both Dji Assisant 2 (installs up to 100% and freezes), and over the phone and Dji Fly these 55%.
Do you have any ideas / solutions?

2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, tgstala. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. If you're still encountering the same problem, please test and update again both the aircraft and remote separately via the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Please make sure that both have enough batteries (suggested to be fully charged) before performing the update. Should the problem persists, please connect to a different internet network then try again. Kindly keep us updated.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_TkRwmUcgLLgs
New

Hungary

Hi, I have the same problem.

I have bought the air2s and before the first flight it wanted to update the firmware, and the installation stopped either at 53% or 40 %, I have then tried it different ways, all failed:
- clearing the frimware cache
- deleting and Reinstalling the phone app
- putting on latest iOS
- via WiFi , via mobile network
- using different phone
- connect the device to
- restarting phone
- restarting drone

My kids were waiting to to fly it..we couldn’t. It’s nothing more but an expensive junk.
2021-4-25
Use props
djiuser_TkRwmUcgLLgs
New

Hungary

djiuser_TkRwmUcgLLgs Posted at 4-25 09:07

I have bought the air2s and before the first flight it wanted to update the firmware, and the installation stopped either at 53% or 40 %, I have then tried it different ways, all failed:

forgot to add:

I was also trying via DJI assistant it did not even recognize the the device
2021-4-25
Use props
CarlosM4DE
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Same here, just received it, the app said the firmware update was mandatory, it blocked at 65% each time. Rebooted the app, reinstalled, changed phone, rebooted the drone, used DJI assistant 2, etc.

Note that DJI assistant 2 blocks at 84%. Please Help !

Error code and firmware version attached in the screenshot :

2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_cVnC9MyiWoHg
New

United States

CarlosM4DE Posted at 4-30 11:46
Same here, just received it, the app said the firmware update was mandatory, it blocked at 65% each time. Rebooted the app, reinstalled, changed phone, rebooted the drone, used DJI assistant 2, etc.

Note that DJI assistant 2 blocks at 84%. Please Help !

Yep same exact issue
2021-5-2
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having issues with this Air 2S that I've never had with any of my other DJI products. Let's hope they rectify them quickly
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_akykHih7fYQR
New

United States

Has anyone heard from DJI support about this issue ?
I’m just noticing it today when I went to update
Attempted installation on the iOS  app , it failed.
Attempted installation on MacBook Pro , using DJI software it failed multiple times at 84%
2021-5-19
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

TOO MUCH SERVER TRAFFIC You can try after one or two days and that's it
2021-5-19
Use props
CarlosM4DE
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

It's not about the DJI servers availability, they worked just fine 100% of the time for my other DJI drones for at least the last 2 years.

After many tests with the DJI support on this very situation they gave up yesterday and i'm returning my unit for a new one.
3 weeks lost in back and forth exchange of logs with the same errors.

My take is that some units are bricked from day one.
2021-5-19
Use props
Dherl0623
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229715 ft
United States

Has anyone had any luck? I just got my Air 2S yesterday and this is super frustrating! I've tried on my android phone, on my windows PC using the DJI Assistant 2. I've uninstalled the app on my phone, reinstalled, tried with an SD Card in, without an SD Card in, I've tried different cables from my PC to the drone, I've switched USB ports, I've done everything I can do. I updated my controller firmware from the DJI Assistant 2, which worked just fine, but still no luck with the drone itself. Error on my phone is saying (Code:-6001) and on my PC is is (0x02) Anyone have any insight? Firmware version attempting to be installed is V02.04.1690

UPDATE: Cleared the downloaded firmware cache in the app on my phone again, switched over to mobile data, unplugged my wifi router and tried downloading and updating again. Fails at the same percentage (95%) and error code 6001. Tried again uninstalling PC program, reinstalling, re-downloading and re-updating all while wifi router is not sending wifi (i'm plugged in via ethernet) update still fails. Only thing I haven't tried at this point is trying it on an Apple device. My wife has an iPhone, but won't be home until tomorrow, so I'll try it then and let you know.  Also, if that fails should I bother with DJI Support, or just return to Amazon and purchase another?

2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_4VrmrMa1ULMA
lvl.1
United States

Dherl0623 Posted at 6-11 06:42
Has anyone had any luck? I just got my Air 2S yesterday and this is super frustrating! I've tried on my android phone, on my windows PC using the DJI Assistant 2. I've uninstalled the app on my phone, reinstalled, tried with an SD Card in, without an SD Card in, I've tried different cables from my PC to the drone, I've switched USB ports, I've done everything I can do. I updated my controller firmware from the DJI Assistant 2, which worked just fine, but still no luck with the drone itself. Error on my phone is saying (Code:-6001) and on my PC is is (0x02) Anyone have any insight? Firmware version attempting to be installed is V02.04.1690

I am having the same problems. I have tried both my iPhone (with and without wifi) and my laptop. I was on the phone with DJI tech support today, however the call kept oddly getting dropped and then work hours ended for them. I haven't tried a new network or an Android phone  as of yet, and I plan on taking the drone in to a tech repair shop tomorrow to see if they are able to help. I will hopefully have some answers tomorrow!
2021-6-11
Use props
Dherl0623
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229715 ft
United States

djiuser_4VrmrMa1ULMA Posted at 6-11 18:41
I am having the same problems. I have tried both my iPhone (with and without wifi) and my laptop. I was on the phone with DJI tech support today, however the call kept oddly getting dropped and then work hours ended for them. I haven't tried a new network or an Android phone  as of yet, and I plan on taking the drone in to a tech repair shop tomorrow to see if they are able to help. I will hopefully have some answers tomorrow!

Keep me posted! I tried on my wife's iPhone as well as a Mac, neither worked. I'm on with Amazon customer service right now, I'm hoping to exchange it! Really disappointing for my first DJI product
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_4VrmrMa1ULMA
lvl.1
United States

Dherl0623 Posted at 6-12 07:17
Keep me posted! I tried on my wife's iPhone as well as a Mac, neither worked. I'm on with Amazon customer service right now, I'm hoping to exchange it! Really disappointing for my first DJI product

I got an update today about the drone, unfortunately the IT shop was not able to resolve the issue either. I'm going to return the drone and exchange it as well!
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_4VrmrMa1ULMA
lvl.1
United States

The Tech Repair shop found a solution!!! More like a band-aid to the issue, but hey, better than nothing. I was able to fly the drone, as well as take pictures and videos today to make sure the drone still operated fine. I'll post the steps here:
1. Turn on the controller and drone (DO NOT plug in the mobile device to the controller just yet)
2. Pull up the DJI Fly app on the mobile device
3. Connect the mobile device to the controller
4. Once the controller connects to the drone, VERY QUICKLY tap the "Go Fly" button on the bottom right hand side of the screen
5. Once the drone camera view pops up, VERY QUICKLY tap the "Take off" button on the left hand side of the screen
6. VERY QUICKLY, hold down the "Take off" pop up button in the center of the screen once the window pops up
7. Have fun flying!

It took me a couple of tries to get it just right. The reason why you have to tap the buttons so quickly is to beat the update notification which disables your ability to fly. One of the techs at the repair store was able to do the steps quick enough without having to have the app already open on the phone, however, when I tried to do the same, I just wasn't getting it quick enough to get the drone to take off before the update notification to pop up.

Again, not necessarily a fix to the issue, but just something to get around the problem for now. Hopefully this issue will be fixed with DJI soon. I hope this helps everyone! and a huge shoutout to RCR Repair Services!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reply to this thread.
2021-6-16
Use props
dji.m4
New

Brazil

Hi, Thanks for all tests that everybody did.

I found a way to update de firmware.
I bought an air 2s and I'd the same issues to upgrade the firmware to V02.04.1690 and what I did different. I'm not  sure that it will solve your problem, but lets try.

1) I upgraded the controller firmware by using the dji assistant on my laptop.
2) I turned on the air 2s with my cellphone but I left my cellphone in air mode, wifi and bluetooth, all in off.
The drone started and take off, just for 1 minute and than I landed the drone. Yes, only this.
3) I tried to upgrade the firmware again on my air 2s using the dji assistant on my laptop and for my suprise if finished.

I think that when the drone started first time, it prepare your operation system to be upgraded.

I'll be happy if this information resolve your issue.

Good luck.
2021-6-29
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_TkRwmUcgLLgs Posted at 4-25 09:38
forgot to add:

I was also trying via DJI assistant it did not even recognize the the device

If your using a MAC, its better to use a USB-C to A adapt or and use the actual cable that came with the drone.

Also lots of us having issues with M1 MAC’s and the DJI software.
2021-6-30
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Download Via DJI's download page, open APK, load and run.
2021-6-30
Use props
djidjango
lvl.1

United States

I am in the same boat, and not happy.  Just bought this, spent several hours trying everything people have suggested, and nothing has worked.  Was hopeful that the suggestion about putting the phone into airplane mode and flying it for a bit would work, but after doing that it was the same.  Always ends up with 84% via DJ Assistant 2 application and 95% via Mobile app w/Controller.

I submitted a support email, will also try chat when they are open--never working with DJI support and most companies general lack of support, I'm not expecting much.  I just want to know if this is defective so I can exchange it within my window or if I am going to run into the same exact problem.  I have to imagine this is a software issue not something that is physically defective, so I would assume the same results with a replacement to be honest, which might lead me to a different product entirely.

If anyone actually worked with DJI and solved this, please let me know.  Based on this forum post and others, there are quite a few people experiencing the same exact problem, just not seeing any definitive solutions provided by DJI.
2021-7-5
Use props
djidjango
lvl.1

United States

djidjango Posted at 7-5 21:07
I am in the same boat, and not happy.  Just bought this, spent several hours trying everything people have suggested, and nothing has worked.  Was hopeful that the suggestion about putting the phone into airplane mode and flying it for a bit would work, but after doing that it was the same.  Always ends up with 84% via DJ Assistant 2 application and 95% via Mobile app w/Controller.

I submitted a support email, will also try chat when they are open--never working with DJI support and most companies general lack of support, I'm not expecting much.  I just want to know if this is defective so I can exchange it within my window or if I am going to run into the same exact problem.  I have to imagine this is a software issue not something that is physically defective, so I would assume the same results with a replacement to be honest, which might lead me to a different product entirely.

I contacted DJI and that basically said, it's defective, exchange it.  Took it back to where I bought it from, got a new one, and was able to update the firmware without a problem.

I used the DJI Assistant 2 software to do it though.  I am paranoid about updating through the app now since that's where  I started with this.  Not having a direct connection and people talking about interference between the WiFi signals and the controller seems like a potentially problematic thing if anything fails.

So if anyone runs into this, still, I  tried everything that has been posted, and more, and was not able to solve it.  A exchange seems to be the only option.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_RdcNuFxzFeeC
New

El Salvador

djiuser_4VrmrMa1ULMA Posted at 6-16 16:25
The Tech Repair shop found a solution!!! More like a band-aid to the issue, but hey, better than nothing. I was able to fly the drone, as well as take pictures and videos today to make sure the drone still operated fine. I'll post the steps here:
1. Turn on the controller and drone (DO NOT plug in the mobile device to the controller just yet)
2. Pull up the DJI Fly app on the mobile device

excelente aporte
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_27ySB381Vhg0
lvl.1

United States

Same problem. Got it through Amazon to get fast delivery, but they won't let me return it with sitting on hold for hours to talk to Amazon tech support, despite the fact that DJI looked at my Firmware update log and told me to return it. Sending it straight to DJI. They were quick to reply and diagnose, but sent basic ground ship return label so it's almost a week to ship back then expecting another week to get the new one. My "quick delivery" plan has turned into what looks like 3 weeks to get the drone!
Disappointed they don't use priority shipping to replace a defective device.
2021-7-28
Use props
Go Gators
New
United States

Bought New Air2s this week and firmware doesn't update.  Freezes at 86 % using Assistant 2 or 95% updating from iphone/controller.  Never had this problem with any DJI drone.  Read online that this is a massive problem across the country.  Tried all the trouble shooting methods install uninstall swap battery swap cords remove app reload app etc etc etc.  Help!!!!!! leaving in 2 days for trip and gotta get this fixed. Thank you

Dont want to return as BEST BUY charges 15% restocking but not sure if that is a swap or return.
****UPDATE****
7/30/21 spoke with DJI technical support when they opened today.  They confirmed that the "freeze" in loading the firmware is due to a malfunction in the camera.  They told me there is NO fix for the problem after you have tried to install firmware every possible way.  Only solution was to sent to them to fix or return to Best Buy (where I bought it).  I packed it back up and took to Best Buy and the swapped out for a new one (didn't charge restocking fee because it was as swap not a return)

New one Worked perfect. Installed on first try firmware.  OMG so relieved.
I also told DJI that the care refresh I spent $189 on the drone I returned how to I convert to this one.  They emailed me instructions to move the dji warranty care to the new one.
All is good in Florida!!

2021-7-29
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go Gators Posted at 7-29 18:49
Bought New Air2s this week and firmware doesn't update.  Freezes at 86 % using Assistant 2 or 95% updating from iphone/controller.  Never had this problem with any DJI drone.  Read online that this is a massive problem across the country.  Tried all the trouble shooting methods install uninstall swap battery swap cords remove app reload app etc etc etc.  Help!!!!!! leaving in 2 days for trip and gotta get this fixed. Thank you

If you exchange ( unit defective) they don't charge the restocking fee!
2021-7-30
Use props
djiuser_dJcY2xD3r019
lvl.1

United States

I had this (fly more combo) for 3 days before I returned it for 2 reasons

1. Battery problem day one. 1 of the three batteries threw errors in the app. Bad cell, low battery, etc. Also, it refused to shut off. Firmware refreshes did nothing.

2. Controller stopped accepting a charge after day one. I had it plugged into the charger for a few minutes before I began to smell a burning plastic smell. The port for the power on the controller was hot as well as the wire. I tried charging my phone from the supplied charger, but it wouldn't charge. The batteries could still charge though.

It seems like it could be an awesome product, but man, I am pretty sure that controller would have caught fire if I didn't get to it in time.
2021-8-1
Use props
djiuser_27ySB381Vhg0
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_27ySB381Vhg0 Posted at 7-28 13:12
Same problem. Got it through Amazon to get fast delivery, but they won't let me return it with sitting on hold for hours to talk to Amazon tech support, despite the fact that DJI looked at my Firmware update log and told me to return it. Sending it straight to DJI. They were quick to reply and diagnose, but sent basic ground ship return label so it's almost a week to ship back then expecting another week to get the new one. My "quick delivery" plan has turned into what looks like 3 weeks to get the drone!
Disappointed they don't use priority shipping to replace a defective device.

UPDATE: New drone arrived and works fantastic. Still very disappointed about the shipping. When I spend over $50 on dog food they send it 2 day FedEx. I spend $1300 on a drone and when it's defective they use the slowest shipment option via UPS and it takes 2 weeks to get a replacement. This demonstrates a lack of concern about customer satisfaction.
2021-8-11
Use props
fansf459adf7
New

Australia

For everyone's information. I had similar problems updating the Air2S firmware on a brand new drone, getting to around 70% then stopping. I tried everything mentioned in theses posts, but then tried without the memory card in the drone. I uninstalled all apps, turned everything off and on again, re-installed DJI Fly, then the firmware updated. It turned out I had a corrupt SD card! This was what was causing my problems, which are all mentioned previously! It's all fixed now and works perfectly with a brand new sd card. Hope this helps someone.
2021-8-12
Use props
edoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975781 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just opened my box at 1pm today ,been trying to link remote and drone all day for a shoot on Saturday. The drone won't link to remote and it's telling me "can't use camera view " till you update fly safe firmware. After 10 or more attempts it gets ton100and tells me firmware failed try again . Watched all videos from DJI and tried all ways to update and link but nothing. It beeps as of it's going to link but then beep stops for a second like it's linked and then beeps 4 more times real quick but no link and fails to update
2021-8-17
Use props
edoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975781 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_27ySB381Vhg0 Posted at 8-11 17:46
UPDATE: New drone arrived and works fantastic. Still very disappointed about the shipping. When I spend over $50 on dog food they send it 2 day FedEx. I spend $1300 on a drone and when it's defective they use the slowest shipment option via UPS and it takes 2 weeks to get a replacement. This demonstrates a lack of concern about customer satisfaction.

Got mine through best buy and having all the same issues . Big plastic brick with propellers
2021-8-17
Use props
Nickiedee420
lvl.1

Australia

I don't know if everyone can see this because I just made this profile quickly to let you know how my similar problem got resolved. So I used the dji assist app on my windows and the drone failed to update several times (I still hadn't flown it once), so I plugged in the controller and installed both available updates in order. after that, the drone just worked. I didn't even need to retry its own update. I'll let you know if that changes. I hope this helps.
2021-8-27
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Had similar problem for my A2S as well but it solved itself somehow. Here are the fixes I tried if it helps - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=247927
2021-8-28
Use props
Randune23
lvl.1

United States

Niknik Posted at 5-19 13:31
TOO MUCH SERVER TRAFFIC You can try after one or two days and that's it

Server traffic?   Really?  That's a horrible excuse.  Obviously everytime you buy a drone (DJI or my Parrot), you have to do the firmware updates.  But why don't they make it easier like Parrot does.  You plug your drone into your computer and update the firmware in a snap.  I've been trying to upload using the DJI Fly app (which already has been updated) via my phone.  It has been updating for at least 10 minutes and it's at only 10%.  This sucks!
2021-8-29
Use props
djiuser_dr1pwudcKFO6
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys thanks for the link but its still not working..
Flight data failed.
2021-9-8
Use props
ReggieDomingo
New

Philippines

Same issue with my unit....
2021-12-9
Use props
Baitigno
New
Flight distance : 79980 ft
Philippines

I am working at a TV Station and we recently purchased Mavic air 2s. We have experienced and skilled drone operator. We've been flying drones since DJI released drones. But unfortunately both of them crashed. The first one we are flying it in Mindanao. The drone just fly backwards and got tangled on a tree. The second one we are taking a footage of a building then it suddenly malfunctioned. I think Air 2s has a problem.
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_i5sKoXPhRBIw
New

United States

fansf459adf7 Posted at 2021-8-12 01:15
For everyone's information. I had similar problems updating the Air2S firmware on a brand new drone, getting to around 70% then stopping. I tried everything mentioned in theses posts, but then tried without the memory card in the drone. I uninstalled all apps, turned everything off and on again, re-installed DJI Fly, then the firmware updated. It turned out I had a corrupt SD card! This was what was causing my problems, which are all mentioned previously! It's all fixed now and works perfectly with a brand new sd card. Hope this helps someone.

Bro I just signed into this App just to say this worked for be. Thank you. Ordering a new SD card as we speak. I pray it’s the SD card that’s corrupted and not my drone though
2022-5-1
Use props
Smashyou82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 521309 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found a successful solution. Use the consumer drone assistant software on your computer and here’s the key: use a different battery. Don’t know why it works but it did. I think if it’s a brand new drone and it has a bunch of different things to update it gets confused. Good luck.
2022-5-17
Use props
fans632df037
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69111 ft
United States

I just spent 4 hours trying to do the updates this brand new M2S ,, I have had all of the DJI Drones in the past and never found it this hard to update.
Went crazy using the Assistant 2 , never worked then I went to the FLy App and phone. didnt work at first. I did the change out battery tho , and I realized
I may have had a bad SD card in the drone. remove that and it all updated, BUT --- ONLY through the FLY APP.. then went back and updated the rest of my batteries,

I did use the SD card that was in my Mavic 2 Pro and it was fine then., I did format it in the FLY app for the M3 as well.

I was 5 mins from returning this drone back to best buy as I have the Total Tech Insurance and have 60 days for any reson to return it insted of 15 days
I can at anytime return it if I smash it into a tree all year long. NO CHARGE !

Anyways , I hope one day they can fix this Issue as I never had this kind of problem in the past 10 years with the Assistant apps.

I wish you good luck on your fix !
2022-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules