Night flying
546 5 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

I recently read a post with questions about the sensors on the different drones for night flying/recording. Dirty Bird posted a couple of his videos... I can't quite make my way back to that post, I don't remember who posted it or what it was called. Anyways, in one of his videos he pulled a manuver where he turned the drone around, flew bakwards right by a structure which then apears just off to the right. It's a very impressive move, but too close for comfort. Does he have a 2nd camera mounted on his drone so he can see what he's doing while flying backwards? Mostlikely not actually flying a mini, but I thought the question was in the mini forum.

Thanks!

2021-4-21
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Very likely he was in close visual sight of the building and drone so he could see directly where the drone was in relation to the building.  I also have some night video that would be scary if I were only watching the camera video.
2021-4-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

movie magic.

2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dark Horse. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope you'll get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots with regards to flying at night. Just a reminder that the sensors of the said DJI drone may not work properly if there would be not enough light while flying. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-4-21
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-21 14:30
movie magic.

https://youtu.be/lWvD3CFXxRM

Thanks man, yes, this is the one! The music certainly takes a cool video and brings it up a couple of levels. And the skill of the pilot keeps your interest as he pulls off some interesting drone positioning. So how does he do that? Certainly I don't believe the drone was in view the whole time, most was, it seems, done with the monitor and his familiarity with the area. Still some looks like dumb luck, but I don't really believe that.
2021-4-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://flylitchi.com/
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now