1892 5 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WinstonZZZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35643 ft
United States

Dear DJI team,

I lost my drone connection when flying over a beach. The drone is probably already sunk into the ocean.
So I have nothing to return.

I have an active DJI FPV care refresh 2 years plan covering the drone.

Please let me know what should I do as the case require me to send the drone back, but apparently, I can't retrieve the drone.

Thanks,
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi WinstonZZZ, I'm sorry to know about the incident. Please be advised that since there is no option for us to retrieve the drone, the option we have is to request for an investigation on what caused the said incident. For further assistance you may kindly reach to our product support by going to this link: https://www.dji.com/support Thank you.
2021-4-21
Use props
WinstonZZZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-21 16:20
Hi WinstonZZZ, I'm sorry to know about the incident. Please be advised that since there is no option for us to retrieve the drone, the option we have is to request for an investigation on what caused the said incident. For further assistance you may kindly reach to our product support by going to this link: https://www.dji.com/support Thank you.

I have contacted the product support and they have opened a case for me.
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

WinstonZZZ Posted at 4-25 14:08
I have contacted the product support and they have opened a case for me.

Thanks for the update. You'll receive the results via your email once they become available. We appreciate your patience in resolving this matter.
2021-4-25
Use props
WinstonZZZ
lvl.2
United States

In short, the best you can get out of this situation is a 30% off coupon for a replacement drone and more than one month not able to fly. I have received the replacement drone yesterday, one month after the first email, after paying an additional $554. But I still have to get the DJI care refresh transferred to the new drone before I can fly it. Apparently, they won't transfer the DJI care from the lost drone to your new drone without you opening another case. Now I have the third case number! Yeah! I hope it won't take another month.

After fighting for the coupon code, probably you need to fight for transferring the DJI care refresh plan from the done you lost to a new drone.  Because the first thing they asked is a successful proof of return from your dealer confirming that they already received your return unit. And they say, to transfer a DJI care refresh plan, you have to prove the original device has been refunded.

This is the worst protection plan I have ever purchased. Misleading info; extremely long claim processing time; policies that don't make sense.
With the money and time you spend on the plan, you can easily buy another drone and get it into the air in no time.

If you need some insurance on the drone, any 3rd party insurance could be better.
Just for comparison, I got a new car in less than one month after I totaled my old one, and I didn't have to chase the insurance company to do anything. I don't think to invest a car accident could be easier than checking the flight logs.
2021-5-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

WinstonZZZ Posted at 5-21 12:18
In short, the best you can get out of this situation is a 30% off coupon for a replacement drone and more than one month not able to fly. I have received the replacement drone yesterday, one month after the first email, after paying an additional $554. But I still have to get the DJI care refresh transferred to the new drone before I can fly it. Apparently, they won't transfer the DJI care from the lost drone to your new drone without you opening another case. Now I have the third case number! Yeah! I hope it won't take another month.

After fighting for the coupon code, probably you need to fight for transferring the DJI care refresh plan from the done you lost to a new drone.  Because the first thing they asked is a successful proof of return from your dealer confirming that they already received your return unit. And they say, to transfer a DJI care refresh plan, you have to prove the original device has been refunded.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Our team is following up on your ticket and will keep you updated via email soon. Thanks for your patience.
2021-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules