X5S Gimbal - will not stop panning in circles..
1278 3 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patricktopofilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 542730 ft
Canada

We've been resolving a new issue every month with the I2 that then seems to open up another issue... this one is getting frustrating.

When booting up the Inspire 2 w/X5S camera the camera continues to pan both ways but does not stop.. it will take a break but be a bit scewed then continue again.

Within the last 6 months we have replaced the Vibration board system, the Camera Port and tried it with multiple cameras.

The issue of the endless panning happens with all 4 of our lenses.. it will happen non stop but then after a reboot it will go away, then to return constantly. The only solution we have found throughout the day was to Compass Calibrate and it would stop.. we would then leave the machine running and only shut down when changing lenses.

I went to try it again today.. first boot, no issues, 2nd boot.. issue happened, reboot, continues, reboot, continues.. I then go to get a 2nd X5S camera to test and the issue happened once out of 6 boots. I had sent it to a reputable and honest DJI repair place an the issue did not happen for them on the bench. They did over 30 reboots with different cameras and could not get the issue to happen... send it back, day 1 on a job and it's happening all day long. It's extra frustrating that it happens sporatically but also enough to be a real liablility/show stopper.

Anyone else dealt with this? Video linked here for reference...

Thank you!

2021-4-21
Use props
burbank.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 868743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the repair center try to duplicate with YOUR aircraft? Since you can duplicate with 2 cameras and they couldn't duplicate with either camera it suggests it might be an aircraft issue. Have you tried with a different lens? How does the gimbal connector on the aircraft look? Am I correct that no errors appear in the DJI GO App during the gimbal self check?"
2021-4-23
Use props
patricktopofilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 542730 ft
Canada

burbank.mac Posted at 4-23 10:12
Did the repair center try to duplicate with YOUR aircraft? Since you can duplicate with 2 cameras and they couldn't duplicate with either camera it suggests it might be an aircraft issue. Have you tried with a different lens? How does the gimbal connector on the aircraft look? Am I correct that no errors appear in the DJI GO App during the gimbal self check?"

Thanks for your reply. It was done with our aircraft and the service centre could not replicate it in the shop, but it did it again on the shoot.

It does issue an Air Encoder Error as well.
2021-4-23
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

Hi there, thanks for sharing your positive experience with us. Glad to hear everything works well. Wish Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox you have a good time!

2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules