Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Virtual Flight - issues after update
123Next >
13134 93 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexGK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232264 ft
Ukraine

I use DJI Virtual Flight on iPad Pro with my Goggles V2 on. Before the update, that was released a couple of days ago, everything worked quite good. There was an issue at "Factory" location when picture in the goggles blinked from time to time, but the other locations were ok.
But after the update I can't fly at any location. Picture in the goggles blinks terribly. At the same time picture on the iPad screen is ok.
It's clearly the application's issue, because before the update everything was ok.
Even though the update has introduced a couple of nice features, the ability to play with the goggles on is critical.
So, I would really appreciate a new update that fixes the issues brought by this one.
2021-4-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AlexGK. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the issue that you have posted so if you could kindly, please let us know the current firmware of your DJI Goggles v2 and the version of your DJI Virtual Flight app. If you could also a video depicting the issue, that would be highly appreciated and could speed up the process of confirming the said problem. Many thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-4-22
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

Thanks for the response. Here is the required information.

Goggles firmware version:: 01.01.00.00
DJI Virtual Flight app version: 1.1.0
iPad model name: iPad Pro 11 inch, 2nd generation
iPad model number: MY232RK/A
iPad software version: 14.4.2

Goggles video:

iPad Pro video:

DJI Virtual Flight app has been re-installed (just in case), but result is the same.
Also, I tried to run this app on my daughter's iPad which is older than mine (iPad 7th gen, 14.4.2, MW742RK/A). And the situation is a bit better - picture in the goggles still blinks, but it's less noticeable. Though it's still far from being comfortable enough to play and much worse than it was before the update to 1.1.0.

2021-4-23
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-22 23:12
Hi, AlexGK. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the issue that you have posted so if you could kindly, please let us know the current firmware of your DJI Goggles v2 and the version of your DJI Virtual Flight app. If you could also a video depicting the issue, that would be highly appreciated and could speed up the process of confirming the said problem. Many thanks and looking forward to your response.

Please find the required information in my post above.
Thanks.
2021-4-23
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

I forgot to mention that I tried changing different display settings in the app:
- aspect ration
- fov
- frame rate
- image quality

But none of them affected the situation.
2021-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlexGK Posted at 4-23 01:25
Please find the required information in my post above.
Thanks.

Thank you and we'll have this issue forwarded to our team. Please give us time to have this check and should there be any update, we'll have you informed.
2021-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlexGK Posted at 4-23 01:24
Thanks for the response. Here is the required information.

Goggles firmware version:: 01.01.00.00

Hi, there. Regarding the issue you have submitted, we'd like to know if you have tested the unit already without the simulator? If you do, do you encounter a similar flickering issue? Please let us know.
2021-4-28
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 23:46
Hi, there. Regarding the issue you have submitted, we'd like to know if you have tested the unit already without the simulator? If you do, do you encounter a similar flickering issue? Please let us know.

Yes, I use the goggles without the simulator and everything works fine.
Also, as I mentioned before, problem with the simulator started after it was updated from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0.
2021-4-29
Use props
Skiddadale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 395912 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue, worse on the ipad pro
2021-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlexGK Posted at 4-29 00:31
Yes, I use the goggles without the simulator and everything works fine.
Also, as I mentioned before, problem with the simulator started after it was updated from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0.

Hi, again. Please follow these steps and create another screen recording (if the problem persists).

1. After connecting the goggles, remote controller, and DJI Virtual Flight, start to operate the
simulated flight, take the video of the mobile devices iPad Pro and the video in the goggles if there is a Screen flicker;
2. If there is a screen flicker, press the BACK button twice on the side of the goggles to launch
the sharing mode of the goggles (this operation also needs to be recorded);
3. After the sharing mode is launched, reconnect the glasses, the remote controller and the
mobile device to confirm whether the problem is solved. If not, please upload the above video back so we can further check the issue. Thanks!
2021-4-30
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 03:43
Hi, again. Please follow these steps and create another screen recording (if the problem persists).

1. After connecting the goggles, remote controller, and DJI Virtual Flight, start to operate the

I did exactly what you said, but nothing happened.
After pressing “Back” button I heard short beep sound from the goggles. The sound is exactly the same as when I press any other button on the goggles.
So, when I pressed “Back” button twice I heard two short beep sounds. Nothing happened neither on the goggles nor on the iPad screen. The problem still exists.
I didn’t record videos because they look exactly the same as the ones that I already uploaded on YouTube.
2021-5-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlexGK Posted at 5-1 12:28
I did exactly what you said, but nothing happened.
After pressing “Back” button I heard short beep sound from the goggles. The sound is exactly the same as when I press any other button on the goggles.
So, when I pressed “Back” button twice I heard two short beep sounds. Nothing happened neither on the goggles nor on the iPad screen. The problem still exists.

Hi, again. Please let us know if you have a spare DJI FPV Goggles v2 or anyone that owns it in which you can do cross-testing. We suggest that you check it and see if that would work fine. Otherwise, we strongly recommend returning your DJI FPV Goggles v2 back to our Service Center for further inspection.
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_2YL4CDpnUCAP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446168 ft
Netherlands

I got the same problem is not the goggles after the update this blinks in the goggels is started #weneedaupdate
2021-5-28
Use props
SebastianZ1986
New
Flight distance : 25525 ft
Germany

Hello, I also have this problem with my iPad Pro (2021). On my iPhone 12 Pro everything works fine. Using latest firmware and app versions.
2021-8-12
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

I don't know why but when I use Virtual Flight App on my girlfriend's Iphone there is no longer any sound and it's not the iphone sound settings. I'm afraid to try to reinstall for fear that I will lose all progress and have to log in again etc. etc. Anyone else experiencing this?
2021-8-12
Use props
Minwedar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468707 ft
United States

SebastianZ1986 Posted at 8-12 11:16
Hello, I also have this problem with my iPad Pro (2021). On my iPhone 12 Pro everything works fine. Using latest firmware and app versions.

I can also confirm I’m seeing this on my iPad Pro 11” 2021 model with the M1 chip.  Fine on the iPad screen, google’s super glitchy.
2021-11-27
Use props
Minwedar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468707 ft
United States

Minwedar Posted at 11-27 11:49
I can also confirm I’m seeing this on my iPad Pro 11” 2021 model with the M1 chip.  Fine on the iPad screen, google’s super glitchy.

I can confirm switching to my iPhone 12 I no longer see the glitching.  Same DJI hardware just different Apple devices.

My iPad version that seems to be able to replicate the issue.
iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation)
IOS version 15.1
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_ZCjcSAVOUBzV
lvl.1
Germany

I have the very same issue. Super unstable and stuttery on my iPad pro 11 M1, works okay on the iPhone 11 mini.
2022-1-1
Use props
DjReconcile
New
United States

I have the same issue, is there a way to roll back the firmware update or is there any other trouble shooting steps that I can take ?
2022-1-4
Use props
Godwisper
lvl.2
Malta

I tried yesterday for first time as bought my dji fpv few days ago. It is a stutter fest on my ipad pro 12inch with M1 chip......shame as than I have an android phone which I cannot use.

Please FIX!!!!
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_UpSYuFzeOejg
New
Flight distance : 3406 ft
United States

I am having the same issue, 11” iPad Pro screen is fine but through the goggles it’s super glitchy and stutters. So much for practicing…
2022-1-30
Use props
djiuser_fe9TGn5qhmw1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3461240 ft
United States

This is still a problem.
2022-2-2
Use props
Godwisper
lvl.2
Malta

Yes still a problem on ipad pro 12.9 m1 and seems support vanished
2022-2-3
Use props
Mr Fox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127126 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m getting this on an iPhone 13 Pro. Goggle view is a glitchy mess while the phone is fine. After about 20-40 seconds, the goggles reboot.
2022-3-17
Use props
djiuser_O7ocufYp5eTq
New

United States

Please update the app I’m having the same thing I follow all the instructions please kindly update the app coz I just bought the dji fpv and need of learning the manual mode thank you
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_O7ocufYp5eTq
New

United States

Please update the app I’m having the same thing I follow all the instructions please kindly update the app coz I just bought the dji fpv and need of learning the manual mode thank you
2022-3-30
Use props
jamesgrayuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1003196 ft
United Kingdom

same problem on iphone 13 pro. Screen flickers in the goggles but not on the phone. The goggles keep crashing too. Makes me not want to fly the drone or recommend it. The last thing I want to do is to practice with a different controller which won't feel the same. works fine still on my iphone 7 plus
2022-3-31
Use props
Reeplay
lvl.1
Germany

iPad Pro 11 2021 same damn problem, It’s rly terrible.
Thanks Dji
2022-4-5
Use props
djiuser_udmY9EwZ8S7G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168684 ft
United States

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 5.5

Goggles work fine with aircraft
With DJI VF, the iPhone screen is great and app works. Goggles are so glitchy and screen tearing. Blinking also sometimes but mostly garbled sections of screen. Then the goggles reboot themselves. I can’t even get thru the tutorial.
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_ssv2yOFw8y2B
New

Greece

Same problem Please fix it tested on  one iPhone 13 pro max and one iPhone 13 same issue tried everything but nothing
77FAC431-162D-43E3-B5F6-F1580AD55ECA.jpeg
2022-4-9
Use props
DominicWu
lvl.1

United States

Mine seems worse.  After updating firmware and downloading the most recent apps, it just doesn't work well with the recently purchased and activated DJI FPV bundle.  Seems to work fine in actual flight mode.  But when trying with simulator, the Goggle pretty much reboots with just about every move I try to make.  Lots of screen tares and scrambled parts and very coarse resolution of the scenes in goggle (displays fine on iPhone 8).  Do I have a defective v2 Goggle?
2022-4-9
Use props
DominicWu
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here, is it a defect in the v2 goggle?
2022-4-9
Use props
VaporRyder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 494925 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, me too. First time trying to fly with Virtual Flight (Only had the FPV just over a week). Totally unusable.

iPad Mini 6 and iPhone 13 Pro Max. Heavy pixelation in rows - as in the image posted above - and goggles constantly rebooting themselves.

The image on the phone or tablet itself is fine and goggles are fine when not connected to Virtual Flight.
2022-4-9
Use props
VaporRyder
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_UpSYuFzeOejg Posted at 1-30 20:32
I am having the same issue, 11” iPad Pro screen is fine but through the goggles it’s super glitchy and stutters. So much for practicing…

I'm seriously thinking of getting into real FPV and learning the hard way with a Nazgul (or perhaps a baby Nazgul would be better!). At least a true FPV is designed to crash. I wouldn't fly a DJI FPV in manual without virtual training.
2022-4-9
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This appears to be an issue with iOS 15.4 and above. Hopefully DJI will roll out an update to the app to fix this issue soon, be nice if they could give us a timeframe. I personally want to practice more in the sim.
2022-4-9
Use props
VaporRyder
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm a new flyer and already three drones in with DJI, so won't be buying another anytime soon. It's extremely disappointing to be having software problems like this. I will also add that today all my drones lost connection - some a number of times - flying over an area that I don't usually have problems with. Each time I completely lost connection for several seconds. It seems like I'm updating the various firmware almost every time I connect a drone - could the firmware be the problem (to both connection issues)? I'm rapidly losing confidence.
2022-4-9
Use props
DominicWu
lvl.1

United States

DominicWu Posted at 4-9 14:50
Same issue here, is it a defect in the v2 goggle?

Can confirm it is indeed an IOS 15.4.1 issue.  Tried the same exact setup with 15.1 on another iPhone and it worked flawlessly.  Amazing how this could have escaped the SW Quality Control...  Worst part I lost confidence in the brand as it made me think I might have a defective goggle based on it constantly rebooting...

Silly that it wont let me update a post from two days ago.  
2022-4-10
Use props
Xen
lvl.1

Malaysia

Just like to back this up...
I have the same issue with after IOS 15.4.1. update. I think the App need an update!

>> But if you do so, please release a MacOS-Version (Apple Silicon, M1) as well! As the DJIFly App may allredy works, but without connection, an update there would be great as well!  Connecting the Mac would be so cool. In fligth adjustmet if you have someone with you, also for recording directly and take foto-shots, while the pilot can fokus on flying.
Then for the DJI Virtual Fligth, this would be a killer argument and will let you grow your costumer base! You could restrict the App for only using with your Hardware, but the experience would be awsome.

DJI > Be ahead of innovation!!

So please for the exiting cosumters, and please for you own sales grow...

Thx
2022-4-11
Use props
Bully2001
lvl.2
Germany

I'm an Android user and I have a powerful phone.
Now I noticed that this simulator can't work on it.

Then I bought a used iphone XS just for the simulator and googles.
Setup installed the latest IOS as instructed in the instructions and requested by DJI.

Now I have two phones and the simulator doesn't run with the googles and the remote control...
The googles always restart after 10 seconds! The image in the googles is not recognizable while it is displayed correctly on the iphone.

Hello DJI, when are you going to update the Googles and/or app so that I can finally fly in the simulator?
Or when will we get an Android version of the simulator?
Questions upon questions only a DJI employee can answer if they stray here!
2022-4-14
Use props
CeRRaNo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9190 ft
South Africa

I have the same issue , constant rebooting of the goggles and picture is a garbled mess through them. Unusable at the moment please update the app DJI , it worked fine before .
2022-4-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules