Firmware update/Connection problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gilu
lvl.1

Finland

Hi,

Our yet unused Phantom 4 Multispectral won't connect with controller (using Ipad and latest GS Pro). I assume the drone needs firmware update first. However, going through all steps exactly as documented, I cannot connect my Mac to the drone, so Dji assistant cannot connect and do the update. I have tried on both my macs (using catalina). Dji Assistant 2 for Phantom did install and I followed the steps exactly, including restart and allowing in the security setting to trust dji assistant and allow Joshua Wise to run. DJI Assistant opens, I can log in, but nothing happens when I connect the drone. I have read in another thread that there used to be issues with Catalain and DJI assistant 2 last year. Is that still the case?

Also, the light above the card  slot and micro usb on the drone is green when starting the drone up, but then quickly turns orange/yellow (not red). Does that mean anything in respect to usb port?

Thanks in advance!

2021-4-22
Use props
iska
lvl.4
Serbia

Can you try to install Assistant on some PC? It seems that something block USB communications. Did you try to connect RC?
2021-4-22
Use props
gilu
lvl.1

Finland

Thanks! I will try to get hand on a pc for doing that. If Catalina is the problem then that might solve it. Yes I tried to connect it to RC wit Ipad and newest GS pro, but no success.
2021-4-22
Use props
gilu
lvl.1

Finland

iska Posted at 4-22 11:09
Can you try to install Assistant on some PC? It seems that something block USB communications. Did you try to connect RC?

Thanks! I will try to get hand on a pc for doing that. If Catalina is the problem then that might solve it. Yes I tried to connect it to RC wit Ipad and newest GS pro, but no success.
2021-4-22
Use props
iska
lvl.4
Serbia

gilu Posted at 4-22 20:56
Thanks! I will try to get hand on a pc for doing that. If Catalina is the problem then that might solve it. Yes I tried to connect it to RC wit Ipad and newest GS pro, but no success.

No, no. I mean, did you try to connect RC with Assistant. You said that you try to update firmware on drone, but did you try to do it on RC?
2021-4-23
Use props
gilu
lvl.1

Finland

iska Posted at 4-23 06:16
No, no. I mean, did you try to connect RC with Assistant. You said that you try to update firmware on drone, but did you try to do it on RC?

Ah, sorry, my misunderstanding. No I didn't, but tried now. It did not work, my Macs do not connect to the RC either. Today I'll have a chance to try from a PC, let's hope it will work.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules