2474 19 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michele990
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17982 ft
  • >>>
Italy

My range test in CE MODE... how do you think?

2021-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice test
2021-4-22
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

thanks for testing!
2021-4-22
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I just opened another post about the same topic (didn't realized you where also having issues with OS3.0).

I think OS3 is buggy and not working as intended, signal penetration seems fine (better than my Mini 2) but the drone seems to have problems selecting the proper channel or changing between channels and frequency.

The aircracf can't fly with 3  bars, the point the signal drops from 4 bars you just lose RC/video signal.

Also, there's no difference apart from the resolution between HD and smooth. Tried smooth a few times just to see if it solved the problem and it actually seems to fly better in HD transmision mode.
2021-4-22
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing with me

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-22 15:34
I just opened another post about the same topic (didn't realized you where also having issues with OS3.0).

I think OS3 is buggy and not working as intended, signal penetration seems fine (better than my Mini 2) but the drone seems to have problems selecting the proper channel or changing between channels and frequency.

Yup, I am experiencing the same thing...Very "quick" to switch channels but also very quick to just "give up"! And Yes, all the smooth setting does is dull the view of the camera and MAYBE smoother connection (according to the graphs in the app) when closer but no help/difference to connection/range when far away!

The Mini 2 had better and more consistent range/connection.

My Mavic 2, using either the regular remote or the SC has almost exactly the same range as the Air2S....But the Mini2 beat both of them by at least 20%
2021-4-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing and so brave for testing the range over water non the less.
2021-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Michele990. Good day and thank you for posting this range test video you have created for the DJI Air 2S. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2021-4-22
Use props
fans04c304e5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

Nice flight
O3 CE should have more range than this, my mini can fly more than 3km on open sea, although using conventional wifi.
Hopefully next firmware update will fix this issue.
2021-4-22
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

There is an explanation for this. Whether the O3 really works or a part of it, not the part where the controller also has the four antennas for diversity, but only the transfer rate is improved from 12/15 Mbps to 50 Mbps.
To obtain this type of transfer rate the bandwidth used is not more than 20MHz but at least 40MHz.
This means that in CE where for the ETSI standard the DJI could not increase the transmitter power, the power is now distributed over a wider band and therefore the signal no longer reaches that far.

In the USA where there are FCC rules, DJI has solved this problem by increasing the power of the transmitter.

Another problem could be related to the fact that during the scan to find a free place in the frequency (which the Ocusync system always does) it cannot find it because this time it has a wider band to allocate within the spectrum assigned to it.
I recorded the band used by the Ocusync 2.0 of my Mavic Air2.
If anyone does the same with the DJI Air2s, let's find out if this is the reason.

Soon I will do the same with the DJI FPV which uses a full Ocusync 3.0

This is my test on Mavic Air2:

2021-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Interesting experiment
2021-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-4-23
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

Hope this gets improved as we saw an uptadate that improved the Mini 2 signal some months ago...  >_<

Coming from the Mini 2 I expected much better/stable flights due to the drone having more and bigger antennas than the Min 2, but it's only true if you manage to maintain 4-5 connection bars, the moment you get 3 the flight experience downgrades pretty fast.
2021-4-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting experiment.
2021-4-23
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

Yep, did another range test right now in perfect conditions... and in CE mode is underperforming heavily at long range compared with my Mini 2, and even in ranges of about 1Km the connection is worse than with OS 2.0 on the Mini 2.

Mini 2 flyes smoothly for the most part of the time, Air2S just stutters, and doesn't seem to find the good channel/frequency for every situation. You can see the pottential of OS3 (better signal penetration in some cases), but in general it just performs worse tha OS 2.0.

It's a bit strange because sometimes it just works wonderfully and has a strong connection with good signal penetration and sometimes you say lol, my Mini 2 could do it better.

I suppose Air 2 will be flying way better than Air 2S.
2021-4-23
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Yes, the only way to make it go like before is to set in FCC.
2021-4-23
Use props
JumperX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2046765 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-23 05:27
Yep, did another range test right now in perfect conditions... and in CE mode is underperforming heavily at long range compared with my Mini 2, and even in ranges of about 1Km the connection is worse than with OS 2.0 on the Mini 2.

Mini 2 flyes smoothly for the most part of the time, Air2S just stutters, and doesn't seem to find the good channel/frequency for every situation. You can see the pottential of OS3 (better signal penetration in some cases), but in general it just performs worse tha OS 2.0.

I can confirm the same thing today. It lost signal only 390m away from starting point. Really disappointed...
2021-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_c5uTds1SEn8u
New
Flight distance : 28665 ft
Ireland

Firstly, the Air S2 is generally fantastic, but the range is nothing like what's advertised, I'm wondering if it's my product or is it a general glitch?

I did two range test flights today

Urban City - 328m before contact was lost and auto RTH
Suburban Parkland - 274m before started to drop off

Has anyone in the EU achieved a range in excess of 2k or 3k with the Air S2?
Do DJI have a fix? The product was sold with an advertised range of 8k!
2021-5-16
Use props
Courch
lvl.2
Greece

I experienced a loss of signal...200 meters away, with a single house between my controller and the drone.
I also experienced a software reset, basicly going back to the log in menu, leaving the drone idling above water with no way to see where the drone was. Fortunalty this was also fairly close and near shore, so i could find the drone walking in the direction i sent it But would i have sent it 2 km away above the ocean, i most likely would have lost it. The product is still very immature and users should not believe the "low risk" marketing. At this point, they should go out of the drone safety zone and be very conservative with their own confort zone.
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_Odd8H0PktsmR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3606 ft
Portugal

djiuser_c5uTds1SEn8u Posted at 5-16 13:56
Has anyone in the EU achieved a range in excess of 2k or 3k with the Air S2?
Do DJI have a fix? The product was sold with an advertised range of 8k!

Screenshot_20210523-222855.jpg
2021-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules