Optimizing the charging times.
2080 7 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I bought the fly more combo pack... and the charger is just too slow; around 4 hours and 45 minutes to recharge 3 batteries, so you fly 3 times in a row, they you have to wait 50 minutes for the 4th flight, and then you can only fly once every 75 minutes.

I think DJI should start delivering chargers cappable of charging all the batteries at the same time.

The Mini 2 charging hub was also sequential, but at least you could crank it up with a 36W PD charger instead of the original 18W DJI one. The downside is that charging a battery at more rate means you kill it faster (a little faster).

So I just bought a parallel charger (the usual Yx white square box you see around everywhere) to solve that problem. It chargers the batteries at a lower rate (2 Amps vs 2.8A of the original charger), so every battery is charged slower (hence battery life will be extended) but you can charge up to 4 batteries at the same time, meaning all of them will be ready in around 120 min. So you do 3 flights every 80 minutes.

3 flights every 80 minutes vs 1 flight every 75 minutes, or 1 hour of flight for every 80 minutes of recharge... vs 20 minutes of flight every 75 minutes of recharge.

Another option is to buy 2 extra chargers from DJI, so every battery is connected to it's charger.... it's a pitty DJI isn't delivering good chargers with their drones.

This is the charger I'm talking about:

2021-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Looks pretty good but a shame that stock is unavailable
2021-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

you might want to calculate from 20/25% battery charged, most flights finish with some battery left, try charging to full from 25% see how long this takes and you will get a more real world figure. I did read somewhere that a fast charger would be an option , not sure where or in what blurb I heard
2021-4-22
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 4-22 11:05
you might want to calculate from 20/25% battery charged, most flights finish with some battery left, try charging to full from 25% see how long this takes and you will get a more real world figure. I did read somewhere that a fast charger would be an option , not sure where or in what blurb I heard

I was using the advertised figures, of course if you land at 20-30% charging times will be a little faster, but not much though, because form 0 to about 75% the battery charge pretty fast, is the last percentages where it takes more time.

Chargers like that are found on Amazon from different brands, but it's basically the same "Yx" charger.

I'll give it a try as soon as it arrives (note that is the Air 2 version, as the batteries on the Air2S are exactly the same from the Air 2)... You can even read "Air 2" on each battery sticker instead of Air 2S xD

Idk how DJI makes such good drones and don't pay attention to the chargers, wich are a relatively cheap part to design and have a huge impact on the overall usability of every drone.
2021-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can pickup second hand chargers on ebay for not much money.
2021-4-23
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

It arrived today and is working nicely, If you buy a fourth battery you probably can fly almost nonstop. The charging amperage is a little lower than the original DJI charger so the batts will last a few more cycles... which is good as bats for The Air2S are quite expensive (115€).
2021-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far I never bothered other chargers.
But if you are in a hurry it is nice!
2021-4-28
Use props
fans5bb87d54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1176509 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I have perfect and cheapest solution for fast charge DJI Avata and Mini 3 Pro! Buy any 100w car charger and use original short USB C to USB C cable from pack of DJI Avata or Mini 3 Pro.
Problem solved! Now you can fast charge your drone
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules